Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Member
    Points: 1,374, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 23.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    July 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Ca.
    Posts
    80



    Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    wish i knew how to speak russian thats kool. and im still on GB But using the stock roms and using netoshs htc sense rom i like it well for now and ididnt want to go with the ics demo because of some of the problems people are having. imma wait till the official comes out. and we have the kernel already right? i think we do read it somewhere but still waiting for the source code. and even tho its 4.0 can we be able to change the icons? dont really like those icons on ics.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    We have the gingerbread kernel, not ics. If you just want to change your icons and the way your phone looks, there are different launchers you can use to change themes. Some of them can make your phone a bit sluggish, because they are using quite a bit of memory from the moment you boot your phone. Huawei by default uses the aHome launcher on the Mercury, and if you want to change the way your phone looks without adding any extra system processes or slowing your phone down, search the Play store for aHome themes. Installing the actual launcher is not necessary, just install the theme.

    Right now I'm using the openSUSE aHome theme combined with Beautiful Widgets.


    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b3BlbnN1c2UiXQ


    ..




  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #32
    Member
    Points: 1,094, Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Posts
    91



    Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    This is a forum for cricket phones and service- political discussions are way off topic and will never end well.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    well, your right, I know..there's some turmoil now so it can be hard to refrain...sorry for the OT post...back to the merc...it seems like a pretty rugged phone...I had a situation on wed. that got it pretty soaked in the rain at work...and it didn't miss a beat..and my buddy that I work with that turned me onto the phone dropped his off the roof over 10' into the semi hard dirt and it survived...I don't know if I'd trust the sgs3 to that kind of abuse as it seems pretty delicate..

  4. #33
    Member
    Points: 1,859, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    BMONEY's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    houston to the valley
    Posts
    217
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4



    Quote Originally Posted by GeneticWeapon View Post
    We have the gingerbread kernel, not ics. If you just want to change your icons and the way your phone looks, there are different launchers you can use to change themes. Some of them can make your phone a bit sluggish, because they are using quite a bit of memory from the moment you boot your phone. Huawei by default uses the aHome launcher on the Mercury, and if you want to change the way your phone looks without adding any extra system processes or slowing your phone down, search the Play store for aHome themes. Installing the actual launcher is not necessary, just install the theme.

    Right now I'm using the openSUSE aHome theme combined with Beautiful Widgets.


    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b3BlbnN1c2UiXQ


    ..

    nope no launchers for me. i talkin about ics i dont like those blue battery and shit like that. i was asking itf you can change thoses.


    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2


  5. #34
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    wish i knew how to speak russian thats kool. and im still on GB But using the stock roms and using netoshs htc sense rom i like it well for now and ididnt want to go with the ics demo because of some of the problems people are having. imma wait till the official comes out. and we have the kernel already right? i think we do read it somewhere but still waiting for the source code. and even tho its 4.0 can we be able to change the icons? dont really like those icons on ics.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

    Get Apex launcher and delete your original, this will make bit more free space in system ram. Apex is very light, customizable and stable launcher.

  6. #35
    Member
    Points: 1,859, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    BMONEY's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    houston to the valley
    Posts
    217
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Get Apex launcher and delete your original, this will make bit more free space in system ram. Apex is very light, customizable and stable launcher.
    i would use that but im not on ics.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #36
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    i would use that but im not on ics.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    bm, just upgrade to ICS and unlock full capability for customization to your phone. GB is fading out little by little.

  8. #37
    Member
    Points: 1,094, Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Posts
    91



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    bm, just upgrade to ICS and unlock full capability for customization to your phone. GB is fading out little by little.

    I'm about ready to go for it...maybe after work tomorrow...

  9. #38
    Member
    Points: 1,859, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    BMONEY's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    houston to the valley
    Posts
    217
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    bm, just upgrade to ICS and unlock full capability for customization to your phone. GB is fading out little by little.
    but its the demo isnt it?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #39
    Member
    Points: 1,374, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 23.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    July 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Ca.
    Posts
    80



    Gingerbread is speedy and honestly has all of the features I need for my phone. When I feel like playing around with Android, I have a rooted Nexus 7 that came stock with Jellybean... and I'm seriously in love with it.

  11. #40
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    but its the demo isnt it?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

    Demo or not, works damn good.

    How'd we be able to tell if this is a demo, the only thing is't here is cricKet's logo on status bar.

  12. #41
    Member
    Points: 1,516, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    randp1's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Mercury



    It works good on your phone, but it is inconsistent from phone to phone. Some have problems, some don't. That is why I'm waiting for the official version from cricket or huwaei. Should be more stable and run better.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #42
    Member
    Points: 2,208, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    D-Man's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dayton, OHIO
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    MB886 & M886



    Quote Originally Posted by randp1 View Post
    It works good on your phone, but it is inconsistent from phone to phone. Some have problems, some don't. That is why I'm waiting for the official version from cricket or huwaei. Should be more stable and run better.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    How'd your ICS ran?

  14. #43
    Member
    Points: 1,516, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    randp1's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    How'd your ICS ran?
    My ics ran terrible, constant data issues, lag, fc's. I think the merc that I had was one of the bad ones. I sold it right before the recall, so I didn't have a chance to get one of the new ones. I think that it was an issue with the bad mercs concerning ics. It was suspect that they recalled them right after the ics update came out. I have a new merc now, but since we are so close to the official update coming out, I decided to wait until then to try ics again.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

  15. #44
    Senior Member
    Points: 3,206, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    291
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    I practically gave in and went back to ICS for the 3rd time. I removed most of the stock apps (deleting through Rom Toolbox, freezing others, and using the cust.img that had been posted), moved CPU, moved Ram, installed Apex Launcher, put the option "Don't keep activities" and put no background processes under "Background process limit" (in Developer Options), and I took Fast Boot off. Compared to the other times I had installed ICS, it's running better now, not how I would like it but since it's the demo, I could manage for now. Just wondering how soon the official one might come out tho.

  16. #45
    Member
    Points: 1,094, Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Posts
    91



    Quote Originally Posted by randp1 View Post
    My ics ran terrible, constant data issues, lag, fc's. I think the merc that I had was one of the bad ones. I sold it right before the recall, so I didn't have a chance to get one of the new ones. I think that it was an issue with the bad mercs concerning ics. It was suspect that they recalled them right after the ics update came out. I have a new merc now, but since we are so close to the official update coming out, I decided to wait until then to try ics again.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    well it's after work and I'm debating on whether I want to do it or not, it's not like it's that hard to do... I think people that had the earlier phones , are the ones that had issues.... just speculation on my part though.. I have a nandroid backup that I made right after I rooted device, so it would be easy to go back to stock... if and when the official ICS Is released.
    I had an incident last night that has me a little spooked though, I was un installing an anti virus app using Titanium Backup, when it froze up, and when I rebooted the phone wouldn't do nothing... I pulled the battery and it came back on but there for a minute but I thought I'd hard bricked it...
    I may wait till this weekend, When I have more time.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner