Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I seriously FU&*ED up my phone this time.

Well. I decided to try out a new foreign rom known as EMUI..... It was a very bad idea. It did some serious damage to the internal file setup as far as i can tell and i have absolutely no clue on how to go about fixxing it. So far to this point, it completely zeroed out my phone number, ESN and MEID. I tried flashing back to my normal cricket rom through both nand and through the update.app method, both to no avail. Even on the stock M886 2.3.6 rom it is still all zeroed out, i believe it is caused by it not using the CUST folder inside of the root directory seeing as how it contains all the CricKet software and my NV.bin which holds my phone number, ESN and MEID info. Up till now i have had pretty good luck at not getting my OS screwed up. But this was my final attempt and it botched up pretty badly. IF anyone might have a clue on how i can point the OS to read the .CUST file or the /CUST folder upon boot to get my NV info back as well as the normal cricket system setup. Then by all means, toss me some sort of solution if at all possible. BTW, i also cannot set an APN in my network options either, which i think also has to be caused by me not having access to the /CUST folder and my NV.bin data.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

After playing around with my settings and such. I think one of the roms i flashed switched me over to NAM 2 while searching for a SIMS card and is keeping me from getting back onto the network normally. I am screwed for now since i have no clue at all on how to switch back to NAM 1.....

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Whelp. I fu&*ed up my settings for getting on the cricKet network. But i happened to get my ATT SIMS card to work in LEWA OS for 3G data and it recognizes my ATT SIMS phone number. But i cannot place any calls or texts. I'll just have to work on from here on forward manually to see if i can get my talk/text to work in LEWA and stick with that. I just hope like hell i can get it to work.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

what a story! sadly i could have told you that EMUI is for chinese carriers and this phone uses WCDMA in china. so it might mess up your NV settings. are you on cricket CDMA or GSM now?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Ok. I managed to fix it with various utilities and tools. I am back on the network again. I have also been tinkering around with other things. I might be able to get talk/text working in lewa os if i keep goofing around with it. The thing that sucks though. I have to re-write all my phones internal info everytime i flash a new rom. It sucks. But i definitely learned how to do it. Lol.

Thread Information