Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Question I'm A Noob With Mercury PLZ HELP

I don't think this is a hard problem to fix ... or maybe it is or maybe its not fixable. So I went into recovery mode because i wanted to start over again. I deleted everything- Wiped cache dalvik cache, formatted system, SD card etc pretty much everything. After that i installed fast root again because I thought it may have been deleted as well or something so that finishes and I quickly restart the Mercury.. Everything is going good I'm happy cuz i have a lot more memory know and i can start fresh again. But after a minute my eye catches the huawei mercury logo still on and I panicked because that happened to my Zio when something went wrong. So i wait another minute or so and bam it vibrates turns off seconds later and back into the mercury logo. I think its called a bootloop ?? I dont know can someone please help me??

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

How long has it been happening? Because twice is normal

Sent from my M886

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

if u formated system, then u will need to install a new rom O_O... ur rom is saved in the system and formatting will deleate!!! download revokster or ice rom to get u back going, u install it the same way u would the fast root

yeah i know thanks for the help though i just finished installing oriax rom its badass im going to check out your boot animatios as well though ha

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Is there no way to get my old stock rom back though? because i didnt back up or anything i just flashed the new rom?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Whats your iCe Rom features btw ??

Banned

im so glad you have your phone back working . This is a prime example of such a simple mistake. Please never ever do anything to your phone if you do NOT TOTALLY understand what is involved.

so glad your not Bricked.

I clear data and cache and dalvik without flashing anything without any problems. I don't see why people have problems.

Sent from my M886

Well actually im not such a noob its just that i quickly jump staright into things without carefully backing up or reading warnins etc... I remember my zio i had it for like 3 years flashed openzio rom and tweaked it it was actually a smooth phone but now i upgraded

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

BTW this Forum is extremely helpful i was using xda forums for the zio but it didnt have anything for the mercury oh well Thanks to all the devs for the amazing roms keep up the GOOD WORK !!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Hey I have another Question .. Its about setCPU app. I've never really understood the concept of overclock or underclock for the zio i just slide the cpu max and min to 720 or something it was as far as it goes but someone told me that would fry my phone but it never realy did can someone tell me how to use it on the mercury ?? Thanx in advance

hello there,
    i too have an 866 but i haven't a clue how to get rid of all the old programs or how to make it find my cell towers. it drops a lot

desert

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by loko970 View Post
    Well actually im not such a noob its just that i quickly jump staright into things without carefully backing up or reading warnins etc... I remember my zio i had it for like 3 years flashed openzio rom and tweaked it it was actually a smooth phone but now i upgraded

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

BTW this Forum is extremely helpful i was using xda forums for the zio but it didnt have anything for the mercury oh well Thanks to all the devs for the amazing roms keep up the GOOD WORK !!!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Hey I have another Question .. Its about setCPU app. I've never really understood the concept of overclock or underclock for the zio i just slide the cpu max and min to 720 or something it was as far as it goes but someone told me that would fry my phone but it never realy did can someone tell me how to use it on the mercury ?? Thanx in advance
    If your phone is slow have Max to Max. If it keeps dying then Lower both. Personally until a kernel comes out overclocking is useless. Underclocking helps battery
    Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    hello there,
    i too have an 866 but i haven't a clue how to get rid of all the old programs or how to make it find my cell towers. it drops a lot

desert
    Read about root! Find out what it is. And dial *228 to try and help your signal

Sent from my M886

I've noticed a lot of people call it the m866 now for some odd reason

Sent from my M886

I've noticed a lot of people call it the m866 now for some odd reason

Sent from my M886

thanks you all. i have complained. they went thru all the tests. said it must be the phone until i pointed out at my office it is solid connection. so they did put in a trouble ticket. and we will see. as for the root app that is easiest. i have been reading about root and wanted to verify that it is the main directory. and i noticed there are apps to root and to improve speed via a rom app. am i on the right track? please note, i am a senior citizen and don't understand all the lingo. lol

any help is greatly appreciated. and thank you all for replying.

desert

Quote Originally Posted by desert View Post
    thanks you all. i have complained. they went thru all the tests. said it must be the phone until i pointed out at my office it is solid connection. so they did put in a trouble ticket. and we will see. as for the root app that is easiest. i have been reading about root and wanted to verify that it is the main directory. and i noticed there are apps to root and to improve speed via a rom app. am i on the right track? please note, i am a senior citizen and don't understand all the lingo. lol

any help is greatly appreciated. and thank you all for replying.

desert
    Well sir, the only easy way to root would be using oriax Root method, then I have a guide to put a custom recovery on the phone (recovery goes first, then root) and you should be okay, and not have those apps that come preloaded that everyone despises.

Sent from my M886

thank you so much for the reply. as we go on i think it appropriate to let you know i am female.....
    and thank you for the respectful reply.

desert

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

and btw salsa i have been reading your posts and i am impressed with your knowledge and skill.

desert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information