Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Iite i got yall

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    Iite i got yall
    Cool. Looking forward to it.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

To be real, I think it's hella fishy and I kind of doubt it, but at the same time I'm hoping it's true cause I'm tired of just stock themed roms. Hopefully with the source code being out, more devs can step up too making roms or porting them over to the Merc.
    Last edited by Nestoh; 08-06-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Honestly, if these guys are serious and we can get a ICS or Cyanogen port to the merc, ill have no use for another phone for a while. Shit my merc is still in brand new condition. I had her in a case since the day I took her out the box lol

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yea im not ready to get rid of this phone yet so yall shouldnt either, this phone is so great and with the kernel it can be perfect

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

@trillbill---y'all are making me laugh. in an earlier post/different thread, i sent out a business deal to isaacj87 for Icarus to be renamed Thor, and i would pay him. some erica-something-or-another shot back with getting a boat and calling the plumbers. it's all good! now that you have all posted your age, let me give you some insight as to why i did what i did. you would be surprised how motivating it is to people when money is offered in exchange for a product! you see, i am 39. i have been using cricket since before you all were even born. wayyyyyy back in the old-days when cricket had two phones, one kyocera with a "pull-up" antanae(original domino), and one kyocera "flip top" phone, again with a "pull-up" antanae(domino 2). there was no such thing as blackberry or smart phone. hell, the fashion trend was very much about neon colors and baggy pants(think prince of bellaire and mchammer) i have learned in life, if you really want something bad enough, you pay for it! that is why i am offering to pay for Icarus(Thor). shit, Thor can be just a sub-name or nickname, if you will.

I have had all sorts of cricket phones over the years and the the merc is hands-down the best phone they offer, imho. however, in my own testing, the only thing i have come to realize is that when a phone is brought to market with a particular os, then you put on a proceeding os-stock or custom-the phone doesn't really run faster, it is just new-like and flashy-er. the only thing that truely speeds up the phone, again imho, is taking away bloatware/crapware and tuning the software/firmware.
    i think back to when i used to build computers. that was also a long time ago. i started when cpu's ran i386 processors and ended with pentium 2. for those that don't know, pentium 1 was bulletproof if you didn't overclock them. if you did you stand to have the 'puter run flakey and crash occasionally. pentium 1 ran at 233Mhz(i know, it's dinosaur slow!) BUT you could oc an AMDK2, by physically switching runners on the motherboard, to 266Mhz and then tweak win95 to run it up to 300Mhz. that's a 29% increase in power. so all things being relative, if you tweaked it up to 300, it became flakey at times, but was sound and ran much quicker at the slower 266Mhz(14%) overclock. now then, since smartphones are nothing more than little computers that you can also talk on, then my opinion is to do things to enhance your speed, but don't try to go too fast or it will crash! it is a simple rule of electronics. that being said, in the racing world, if all things are stock and you cut out(bob) all the heavy material that is nothing more than looks and creature comforts, you are left with a vehicle that is much faster than it's stock twin. reason: power to weight ratio is changed significantly! in any race i would put my money on a car that is 500-1000 pounds lighter than the heavier, completely stock twin every time! that is why i did/am doing what it is i offered to isaac. plus, at 39.....i do, in fact, have the cash to pay him
    Last edited by sportwin; 08-06-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: forgot a part

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    july2012

Glad people think its a scam haha. But when its released you will sing a different tune. The reason you have not got the kernel yet is because you don't have the means. Believe it or not people do charge for things. Linux is not how it was years ago. Android kinda killed that. And Ubuntu. Its not a brotherhood anymore. I'll release it when I want how I want to who I want for how much I want for it. Don't like it don't wait.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Mercury M886

Savage, all I wanna know is will everyone have to pay? Lol because I don't have a credit card and in turn, no pay pal. *shrugs*

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

And Isaac....I don't really have shit to say to that lol. I got some respect for you now though. :beer:

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    july2012

How would everyone have to pay I'm releasing kernel and progress when deal is made

Phone
    Mercury M886

Well, that's all I care about lol so, do whatever deals you gotta do bro.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHax View Post
    Glad people think its a scam haha. But when its released you will sing a different tune. The reason you have not got the kernel yet is because you don't have the means. Believe it or not people do charge for things. Linux is not how it was years ago. Android kinda killed that. And Ubuntu. Its not a brotherhood anymore. I'll release it when I want how I want to who I want for how much I want for it. Don't like it don't wait.

I dont have the means?? Think you better check me out son, I have tons of stuff out. You will starve if you think you will make money off the Android community. Yes they can & will donate to a deserving Dev, with a proven record. You sir dont have jack shyt but a bunch of bs spewing from your fingers!!!

Chris (or other mod) can you kindly remove this greedy ass poser from the building please!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    I dont have the means?? Think you better check me out son, I have tons of stuff out. You will starve if you think you will make money off the Android community. Yes they can & will donate to a deserving Dev, with a proven record. You sir dont have jack shyt but a bunch of bs spewing from your fingers!!!

Chris (or other mod) can you kindly remove this greedy ass poser from the building please!!!!!!!!!!
    I now, second that motion, with predjudice!

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

HUMMMM For the record he was sent on a long vacation from the forums over this..... STOP DIGGING UP ON THREADS HEHE

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

PG is quite known in the android circles, so his input does carry weight.
    Savage.... Well I'll keep my opinions to myself.

My only question is, have you started playing with that merc yet PG?

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    HUMMMM For the record he was sent on a long vacation from the forums over this..... STOP DIGGING UP ON THREADS HEHE
    Yeah but if i remember correctly, it was only a 2 week vacation, which puts him back into town any day now. I read it on tapatalk, so i didn't catch the date.....sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information