Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 83.0%

Limited Updates?

As always I just get bored with my phone and just start reading on things I could put on it at the root level. This afternoon I tried putting the Beats Drivers that I downloaded from the Google Play Store and when I rebooted it went past the boot screen into darkness, since this has already happened to me I just did the ICS updae again but this time it keeps telling me there is an error. I tried with the PST tool and the SD Card update (Vol down+ vol up+ power) is there a limited time that we can update or is something else wrong?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Customer Since
    July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    As always I just get bored with my phone and just start reading on things I could put on it at the root level. This afternoon I tried putting the Beats Drivers that I downloaded from the Google Play Store and when I rebooted it went past the boot screen into darkness, since this has already happened to me I just did the ICS updae again but this time it keeps telling me there is an error. I tried with the PST tool and the SD Card update (Vol down+ vol up+ power) is there a limited time that we can update or is something else wrong?
    Though its not something you might want to do, you could try reinstalling gb if ics is throwing up an error.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Just to rule out a corruption issue, could you re download ics and try again?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticWeapon View Post
    Though its not something you might want to do, you could try reinstalling gb if ics is throwing up an error.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Just to rule out a corruption issue, could you re download ics and try again?
    Yeah, I tried that already but it keeps saying the same thing. It kicks me out of it. I did a factory an cache reset but its not the normal ICS Demo. Lots of Apps are missing, and other things are weird.

Overall activity: 0%

Beats is not for all phones. It clearly says your device might not boot

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Customer Since
    July 2010

I tried installing it but it didn't do anything. I'm running gb though.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Phone
    zte score

It works on my mercury

Well I guess its not for ICS because when I was using GB I installed it lots of times and it worked pretty good. Its just when I installed it with the ICS Update its when it messed my phone.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Hmm... it also seems that the cust.img is still in the folder. Its not the normal Muve Music one that I usually had in when I did the ICS update.
    Last edited by Jesus Perez; 09-14-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Customer Since
    July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jawaan View Post
    It works on my mercury

Yep you're right, i just had to try it twice i guess.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

When I first got ICS i put beats on it and worked but I tried ways to get custom recovery and ended up getting bricked...so I reinstalled ICS and installed beats then I couldn't boot so I reinstalled it and then got beats and it worked

So I might of done something else wrong and the Beats Audio just toped it off? And I think I found the problem, I can't write into the .cust_backup folder. I tried deleting the cust.img and putting the one made to change the boot image but it said failed to move, and I also can't delete anything in there.

So I might of done something else wrong and the Beats Audio just toped it off? And I think I found the problem, I can't write into the .cust_backup folder. I tried deleting the cust.img and putting the one made to change the boot image but it said failed to move, and I also can't delete anything in there.
    Use "root browser " from playstore or included in romtoolbox and you should be able to write to it but be careful cause many have bricked messing with that folder

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    Use "root browser " from playstore or included in romtoolbox and you should be able to write to it but be careful cause many have bricked messing with that folder

Yeah, that's what i use. Its the only app i use for all of that. But still no go. I tried again. :/

Yeah, that's what i use. Its the only app i use for all of that. But still no go. I tried again. :/
    I use ES usually but root browser lite seems to be the only one that works for me in that folder. Hope you find a solution.

Thank you for trying to help me. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thread Information