Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 9.0%

lost 3g network and my model number

lost 3g network.. internet gone.. then i look at my settings my model number has changed from m886 to c8860 what is this? mobile network disconnected..service state radio off mobile network type unknown .. help me please thank you

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by carmen View Post
    lost 3g network.. internet gone.. then i look at my settings my model number has changed from m886 to c8860 what is this? mobile network disconnected..service state radio off mobile network type unknown .. help me please thank you

what did you do to cause this to occur. The c8860 is a china cdma version of our phone.Please post back exactly what happened to cause this.

geez.. i dont know.. trying to do the recovery all day yesterday i was trying to get the recovery right i stated thhat the recovery image was unknown or damaged .last night i different screen appeared i thought i did it right.. i stopped tried to go on line but no 3g went to bed phone still loading good .. tried to get on line no it didnt work.. i happened to look in my settings and it says that to me.. i received a sns update it will not load cause i dont have a network... i think thats it

Banned

not sure that is enough detail to help you fix it.. If you do not remember step by step and where you went wrong. Only thing i can suggest is try a phone reset. But if that does not work i would say go thru the unbricking procedure. But again its only speculation as There is no clear evidence as to what went wrong.. I am not even going to ask if you backed up the files you replaces trying to get recovery going.

I think the recovery method And the Longer of the root methods were simple easy.Back track your procedure and post back where it went wrong.

other wise good luck and remember If you brick your phone doing anything someone says to help you. Its your phone not there responsibility especially not knowing what files you changed...

AGAIN GOOD LUCK..

the back up i believe i did this when i got the phone.... im not a wiz at this one... but thinkin back.. when not knowing u were no to open the recovery app... i tried on several computers.. to open it i may have clicked a program that says its required to open it .. the ifran or something like that i may have changed the language thinkin it would open the picture ... it meaning the app kept comin back damaged or unknown format... thats the only think i think i did wrong i never got pass anything else.. yesterday i had a blue screen all day til i got ready to go to bed i unplugged the phone and tapped power and volume up it loaded a different wallpaper like i said i thought it was ok but i guess not.. the phone works i just dont have internet..

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Not sure if this will help you or not, but it's worth a try. Go into Settings > Wireless & Networks > CDMA Network Settings and make sure you are set to "Cricket" and not "China Telecom". Like I said, not sure if that will help, but it is worth the 3 seconds it takes to check it out.

Banned

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Cold this be as easy as dialing *288 i think it is to reset your phone.. double check that is 288 having a brain lapse...

thank you all.. i got it i just went back to my desk top and replaced the image i took from the phone and too out the recovery...im good now... now im hoping to see a demo video of how it really goes...the one video was removed from youtube... and the instructions are not clear to me that is... im no wizard at this kinda stuff... i did jail brake my ipod and my zio...but these instructions are not clear..

Thread Information