Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    sept2010

M886-replace lcd, swap for new M886 or buy diff phone

My lcd screen started going out after about 7 months of use. It still works but the browser screen and home pages are extremely dark and hard to read. The rest of the phone functions well and the app screens are bright and clear.

I took the phone in and was told it could be my lcd screen or motherboard. The options I have are

1. have the lcd replaced, which might not be the problem and instead it could be the motherboard.
    2. Cash in the insurance and get another phone after paying the deductable
    3. Sell the phone to the dealer and get a different model.

I like the phone but option 1 could end up costing me more than either option 2 or 3.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

If your apps are running with the brightness maxxed out i would suggest you actually reflash your rom or nandroid backup if you have one. Other than that you might want to get a stable build.prop from someone and place it in your system and then reboot your device. It is more than likely a software issue if you launcher and browser are really dark but your apps look normal with high brightness. IT is also possible for you to go into your brightness for your device, turn it all the way down, reboot your phone and then turn your brightness all the way up.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    sept2010

Thanks for the advice. I restored the factory setting and it helped some. The browser is still dark across the top and bottom of the screen. When the screen problems started they began with the browser. It would get dark and then lighten back up and then eventually just stayed dark.

Thread Information