Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

Making the mercury better?

Ok, so I've had my mercury for about 3 months now and i'm getting burnt out on it. Currently it is stock, not rooted . Nothing. And I was wondering if there was any mods that anyone has done that makes the phone considerably better. I've heard something about supercharger but not sure. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

the re voker rom and the super charger put new life in my phone , I made streaming to my tv flawless . I use my mercury as my back up pc , good luck brother

Can anyone Make a Patch for the Super charger for the mercury

The supercharger doesn't need a patch it's a script that works universally for any android phone.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

So what exactly do I need to do to make my mercury the best I can make it? I've rooted and put custom roms on my ascend 1 and 2 but a step by step of what you would recommend on the mercury would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by scottpole View Post
    The supercharger doesn't need a patch it's a script that works universally for any android phone.

How do you do it im sorry if i am bothering you or anyone

I too don't like the mercury much.... sure it may be crickets best phone but it's not even as smooth and error free as even the much older and only 1ghz processor evo........ my mercury freezes for several seconds or more when trying to make calls or dial numbers....... why? I'm on stock, non rooted.... have 1.6gb free still in main memory... have 32gb sd card which has 7gb free..... constantly using one click cleaner doesn't seem to help much either

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Not sure how you guys are running your mercury's but I did tons of side by side tests with my Merc and Bionic. Bionic 1ghz dual core 1 gb ram. Merc 1.4 ghz 512 mb ram. Aside from the mercs slightly slower load times this thing performs just as fast for me.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJames0381 View Post
    How do you do it im sorry if i am bothering you or anyone
    Download the Superchargerv6.sh.pdf file from the attachment from its original posting. Youll have to "Right-click & save as" once its on the sdcard use a Terminal application to run the app.

Type:

cd /directory of the file you downloaded

su

./name of file you downloaded

#note: I usually rename it to simple names like "super.sh" ect so its faster to type.

Once it runs itll check if your rooted & that you have busybox installed. If not it will open play store for you to download and install Busybox installer.

Once the script runs again just follow the steps it gives.

for ex. press 1 for fast scrolling speed,

choose 500mb from the list [Range from option 5-7]

and reboot when its finished.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jamiechasser View Post
    So what exactly do I need to do to make my mercury the best I can make it? I've rooted and put custom roms on my ascend 1 and 2 but a step by step of what you would recommend on the mercury would be very helpful.
    You can either install my Revokster Rom (simple,clean,fast), or Optimized Stock 2.3.6 rom. Of course youll need to be rooted and have Clockworkmod recovery aka cwm to install these roms. There are Guides on here to show you how.

After you flashed my rom follow the tutorial on how to install the Superchargerv6 script using terminal. It will make you fall in love with your phone (at least i did lol), if you have any questions or problems post them here or on the threads where my rom is.

~Sent by Oriax123

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hyogen View Post
    I too don't like the mercury much.... sure it may be crickets best phone but it's not even as smooth and error free as even the much older and only 1ghz processor evo........ my mercury freezes for several seconds or more when trying to make calls or dial numbers....... why? I'm on stock, non rooted.... have 1.6gb free still in main memory... have 32gb sd card which has 7gb free..... constantly using one click cleaner doesn't seem to help much either
    Applications can vary from startup because not every app can run in the background. The more apps running, the more lag will happen, this happens on every android device. If too much ram is used it will start killing applications in the background and focus on the application thats currently running. There is a way to solve this, using a custom rom of course applications are optimized and tweaked to use less ram and start faster than stock. Give Revokster Rom a try and let me know if you like.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by catman25 View Post
    the re voker rom and the super charger put new life in my phone , I made streaming to my tv flawless . I use my mercury as my back up pc , good luck brother
    Glad you like my rom
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Droid Dna/S3

You guys are a ton of help, don't really have time today but maybe tomorrow I will root my mercury and see if I can get a little more out of it.

Thread Information