Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Mercury ADB?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Mercury ADB?

Hello Im new to the whole ADB thing I know I have to have USB debugging selected under Settings>Aplications>Development but when ever I turn it on and plug it in to my computer the icon only sometimes pops up in my notification bar? Sometimes I can restart my phone with debugging selected and plug it in but most of the time it doesn't work....I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 on my computer if that helps

Any feedback would be appreciated
    thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

So what exactly are you having problems with?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by android4ever91 View Post
    Hello Im new to the whole ADB thing I know I have to have USB debugging selected under Settings>Aplications>Development but when ever I turn it on and plug it in to my computer the icon only sometimes pops up in my notification bar? Sometimes I can restart my phone with debugging selected and plug it in but most of the time it doesn't work....I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 on my computer if that helps

Any feedback would be appreciated
    thanks
    Ubuntu is different than windows, you DO have USB debugging on,make sure you have the adb files included with android-sdk. To run adb just type ./adb (command) but make sure the terminal is in.the right directory of the adb files. For example, if you have it on your desktop it'll be "cd Desktop" then "./adb devices" to check if your connected.

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Ubuntu is different than windows, you DO have USB debugging on,make sure you have the adb files included with android-sdk. To run adb just type ./adb (command) but make sure the terminal is in.the right directory of the adb files. For example, if you have it on your desktop it'll be "cd Desktop" then "./adb devices" to check if your connected.

i have the sdk and everythiing for adb setup correct becaused ive used it...the problem is in the phone..whenever i check usb debugging on my phone and connect it to my computer it doesnt have the little debugging icon in my notification bar on my phone and if i run ./adb devices my phone doesnt pop up in order to get it to pop up i have to make sure my phone has debugging checked on the phone then restart my mercury and when i plug it in the my computer after i do that and run ./adb devices my phone is then recognized??

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by android4ever91 View Post
    i have the sdk and everythiing for adb setup correct becaused ive used it...the problem is in the phone..whenever i check usb debugging on my phone and connect it to my computer it doesnt have the little debugging icon in my notification bar on my phone and if i run ./adb devices my phone doesnt pop up in order to get it to pop up i have to make sure my phone has debugging checked on the phone then restart my mercury and when i plug it in the my computer after i do that and run ./adb devices my phone is then recognized??
    yes itll tell you if its connected with that command. also i use to have that issue until i found out it was the cable

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

yes itll tell you if its connected with that command. also i use to have that issue until i found out it was the cable

so the reason i have to restart it is bc of the cable?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

not really, im just saying that happened to me but when i used a different cable i didnt have to reboot my phone just to connect ro debuggong mode. could help but thats just my input

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

not really, im just saying that happened to me but when i used a different cable i didnt have to reboot my phone just to connect ro debuggong mode. could help but thats just my input

okay...yeah because i used to have the samsung vitality and i would just use that cord transferring things between my phone and my computer and i just thought about it and i never had to restart it when i used that cable...but now that i dont have that cable i use the one that came with the phone and i have to restart to get it to work...thanks for the help man

Thread Information