Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Mercury Battery Life

I was wondering what kind of battery life people are getting on a full charge. According to the battery callibration app that I am using I am getting only about 17 to 22 hours on a full charge. I always wonder how they figure that you get 300+ hours of standby time. I'm guessing that is without anything really turned on. Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Standby is just leaving your phone locked. Lol. What you should do is turn off GPS wifi Bluetooth and especially DATA 'internet' when you aren't using it. The data off saves alot of battery and it stops ads on games to stop using ur precious data lol. Lets say you wanna play angrybirds? Turn off your internet and play away! Lets say you are just locking your phone but you aren't using the internet (Pandora, downloading) then turn off your data.

Sent from my M886 using Forum Runner

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Standby is just leaving your phone locked. Lol. What you should do is turn off GPS wifi Bluetooth and especially DATA 'internet' when you aren't using it. The data off saves alot of battery and it stops ads on games to stop using ur precious data lol. Lets say you wanna play angrybirds? Turn off your internet and play away! Lets say you are just locking your phone but you aren't using the internet (Pandora, downloading) then turn off your data.

While I agree with some of this advice, turning data off seems silly to me. The phone is an information hub and without data, it's just a phone. Whats the point of push email if your data is off? Facebook and twitter updates? Ebay auction monitoring? this list goes on. Data off negates the point of a smart phone, IMO.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    While I agree with some of this advice, turning data off seems silly to me. The phone is an information hub and without data, it's just a phone. Whats the point of push email if your data is off? Facebook and twitter updates? Ebay auction monitoring? this list goes on. Data off negates the point of a smart phone, IMO.
    I also agree. But do you ever just unlock ur phone or stay at your homescreen and look at your 3G sending and receiving data and you aren't doing anything? And nothing is syncing? And as far as Facebook just get text notifications. I'm not saying you have to but I'm a huge Facebook freak but my internet is off when my phone is locked. And i can go through the whole day without charging even on my ascend 1

I get about 24 hours on a full charge.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Quote Originally Posted by papasmurf520 View Post
    I get about 24 hours on a full charge.
    Same here, I get good battery usage out of this phone. I bought one for my son and he is experiencing about 24 hours on a full charge as well.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Yup 24 hours here too.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

When I check battery usage/cell standby, I am repeatedly seeing a lot of time without signal (in areas with decent coverage). Sometimes as much as 70%!! That seems to account for most of my battery usage. Anybody else seeing this?

Phone
    Mercury M886

I plug in when using Tethering (obviously) ..but I can go 8-12 hours using only 18% to 24% of my Battery just on standby without any incoming or out going calls (I don't really use my phone much); I'm happy !! 24 hours should be easy if you don't burn it up...

Overall activity: 12.0%

My phone has been unplugged for 24 hrs and with moderate to heavyish use i'm still at 26%

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

About 24hrs here with a Live Wallpaper running... Used my phone today as a Wi-Fi HotSpot for a friend to connect their iPod touch to so they could update a move they did playing a game with me :-)

Thread Information