Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Mercury black out

My Huawei Mercury has gone black for no apparent reason. Phone is three months old and in pristine condition, no water etc.

Can anyone suggest how to overcome this problem ?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Have u modded in anyway? No boot or vibrate or anything trying to boot?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Phone is completely unmodified

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Mercury will not do a thing. No blink, beep, vibrate, nothing. And all out of the blue. It was left home, on, and ignored for two days of vacation.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

sounds like a bad device =[

might wanna take it to cricket and hope u have a warranty =/ still would have to pay 1/2 the phones price
    BUT eric from the forum say here sons merc was lost and they gave her a free remanufactered acend2 . . . best u can do is go to cricket dealer and see what happens

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Have you tried pulling the battery? Lame suggestion I know but it has revived phones before.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Unhappy

Thanks to all, battery removal and back. Yes, looks like I am n the ditch on this one. No warranty, and no local dealers where I otherwise never needed one on my summer vacation. Best buy track crap here I come .. Great weekend to all

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

this my sound VERY weird, but maybe ur battery is died? try licking the ends to see if u feel a tiny shock! Very unprofessional but it tells u if its got juice or not! or try using another charger!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

ONE more test for you! completely remove ur battery! bout the case back on without the battery! while holding vol up and down plug in ur usb plug! does it turn pink? if it does, i think ur savable! if not it is BYFAR ur device that is bad

Phone
    Galaxy S3

this has happend to 7 of my phones so far

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

i think i got a guide to unbrick ANY software brick!! i perposely bricked my phone! deleate the recovery and entire folder incluing the boot and emmc file that tell the boot img to boot! the entire folder! (salas did this to on accent!)

so all u have to do is take out the battery, hold vol up and down and plug in usb and pink screen should pop up =], letting u install ALL ur system fills, ur cust files, ur boot files and all! so far, unless u fry ur hardware with oc or something of that nature, u can unbrick any phone!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

doing this will promise u to get to atleast the recovery! and having the STOCK boot.img will pretty much promise u a clean boot if u have a working rom ^_-

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Erica erica erica aaaaa

iTS Erica ..
    and you misquote me.. HE HAD A Zio cell phone that he lost or was stolen. When i called to have the phone turned off and the account canceled . they offered to give me a FREE PHONE . They did not want me to cancel the account. They are sending a Ascend 2 . what she told me anyway . i WILL Let you know if it comes in. she said it could take 5-7 days as it will not be the free overnight shipping.

Hope this clears up any confusion with my post in the other thread. BUT Yes the Mercury has a 12 month warranty thru Huawei. try calling them and CALLING CRICKET then decide who is best to get the warranty repair thru.

Yeah idk how I deleted everything, but I did, and I was shitting bricks. Took me 2-3 days to fix

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

srry erica for messing up name and words =[ lol i know ur name was erica, not sure y i left out the A. im the WORST typer and speller. i cant even read my own text lol. and yes, keep up updated

and salas, i need to get with u about boot.img! ANNNNNNNNNND a few others in the recovery folder lol. . . i know ics had NO hope till source, but something poped in my head lol theres a crust.img in there. imma extract it when i get home and read thought it... im 95 % postive its the /data/cust/ . . . this file is preloaded on EVERY boot up! u can NOT right to it BUT u can edit the image O_O. . . this will let me edit local.prop! but what i was thinking, flashing ics, does this cust.img still existed and imported during everyboot? i think i got something here! i know i cant get ics working i dont even have faith in myself, but i can go a bit farther.... we even have 80% of the kernal for 4.0.3 or some shit like that! the source for the hornor is realsed as we know. . . a 80% stock 20% custom kernal might be possible seeing we have a source! radio is all im worryed about! and that cust file has data info on it . . . thank u can help?

PLZ dont flame me or this post for me wanting to work on ics or any of that lol, im pretty sure its not going to happen! i just wanna see something lol

Phone
    Galaxy S3

That image can be moded some I'm to sure yet but a while I flashed a few custom ics roms that I found and when I rebooted it a a new bootanimaion but /CUST File was still. Read only but come to my surprise the bootanimation was in /SYSTEM/MEDIA. And the boot img and rest the files were put together like would see in any other rom I think what was being done is scripts were and permissions files to redirect were to read a file is located even though it hasn't been moved I first I figure that how there roms were mad but each rom all 18 if them had a custom boot animation and some were even running CM7

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Android Titan; 05-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

imma download ur beta from unleashprepaid..... i just wanna look whats going on! imma see what works and dont! cause we have a half as kernal! imma TRY to flash the honor kernal see if it blows up hahahahahah, im hoping the phones has ALOT in common then just work on the radio.... im pretty sure i got all the bricking problems out of the way, unless i mess up the hardware somewhere. . . if anybody has any ideas, through them at me! and like i sayd, yall readers reading this and not develeping, plz dont flame! i know wanna hear this can not happen lol.... though i might not get anywhere imma look at it! what is there to lose?
    i might need some help from oriax123 also lol, hope hes reading this!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    i think i got a guide to unbrick ANY software brick!! i perposely bricked my phone! deleate the recovery and entire folder incluing the boot and emmc file that tell the boot img to boot! the entire folder! (salas did this to on accent!)

so all u have to do is take out the battery, hold vol up and down and plug in usb and pink screen should pop up =], letting u install ALL ur system fills, ur cust files, ur boot files and all! so far, unless u fry ur hardware with oc or something of that nature, u can unbrick any phone!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

doing this will promise u to get to atleast the recovery! and having the STOCK boot.img will pretty much promise u a clean boot if u have a working rom ^_-
    That's what I figured to but my last mercury all I did will missing around in Root toolbox under ran a script for no bootanimation and when I restarted my phone it booted fine but then would freeze so I pulled they battery out restarted and then would freeze so I go in to recovery to restore my phone and it would freeze and that all it would and it would charge anymore the only I could get the phone to stay on for more then 15 sec. Was to plug it in and with out a battery

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information