Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Question Mercury and Class 10 / UHS-1 Ultra cards from SanDisk--Issues

I recently purchased a SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 16GB microSDHC. Sticking it in the card reader in my PC, I can format it, write to it, scan it with no issues, etc. However, in both my Mercury and my Sanyo Zio, I've tried the card and, though it works for a few minutes (at most), the OS will eventually lose "connection" with the card. It'll either say it's not there or it'll say that it's blank and can be neither mounted nor erased. The Zio seems to keep the connection just a tad bit better, but eventually craps out, too.

Has anyone had an issue with a Class 10 / UHS-1 card?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Good memory card on a not so good phone? :P try going to recovery and format through there.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Thanks, salas, for the reply! I was going to try that, but had just gotten through doing a level 1 scan with SpinRite. It actually fixed it. Steve Gibson had mentioned that it could work on flash memory, too, but I'm still surprised. haha

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

I also am having a similar problem with my new Sandisk 32GB Mobile Ultra (UHS-1) microsd card. Every once in awhile it will kick me out of an app or game (specifically The Sims Freeplay) and tell me that it's okay to remove the SD card. I thought it was a glitch in the game for the longest time, but's happened to me since then when doing other things.. Very disapointing, but I'm thinking it has more to do with the card, and less with the phone itself. Hoping someone could shed some more light on the situation.. Next card I buy will be a regular 32GB Sandisk and see if it's just the speed of the card that's causing the problem..
    Last edited by steele311; 09-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by M.Madeleine View Post
    Thanks, salas, for the reply! I was going to try that, but had just gotten through doing a level 1 scan with SpinRite. It actually fixed it. Steve Gibson had mentioned that it could work on flash memory, too, but I'm still surprised. haha
    So this spinrite program ended up fixing the problem you were having? I may have to try that first before purchasing another card... Is it free, difficult to use? I'm kinda new at this..

SpinRite's not free. It's a hard drive maintenance and recovery utility. And it's pretty expensive as far as software goes. It's SUPERB for anything that has a hard drive. But it would be more expensive than just buying another card. I just happen to already have it. And, even if an SD card was more expensive, I wouldn't suggest spending the money to buy SpinRite for flash memory. I just tried it for the heck of it since nothing else was working. And it did work....for about a day. I'm going to send my flash card back to SanDisk for warranty replacement.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

And let me clarify my statement about what Steve Gibson had said concerning flash memory and his product SpinRite. Someone had written in to tell him that his product fixed their flash memory. He never said that it was a feature. Just that he could see how the customer's story could work out.

Customer Since

Aha. Thank you for clarifying this. I just wonder if it's more of a memory card problem we're both having or just a problem with the phone handling this particular speed of memory card for some reason.. I went ahead and purchased a new, non-ultra version from Sandisk and am hoping this resolves the issue..

I had purchased mine through Amazon. Since it was within 30 days, I just setup an RMA and they've already shipped out the replacement, even before I've sent back the old one...which is free with a UPS label they generated.

But SanDisk has a lifetime limited warranty on their SD cards. Even if you can't return it to the store, SanDisk would replace it.

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by M.Madeleine View Post
    I had purchased mine through Amazon. Since it was within 30 days, I just setup an RMA and they've already shipped out the replacement, even before I've sent back the old one...which is free with a UPS label they generated.

But SanDisk has a lifetime limited warranty on their SD cards. Even if you can't return it to the store, SanDisk would replace it.
    You set up an RMA? I also bought mine thru Amazon as well. I thought I was going thru the correct process of returning it, but maybe not. When I went into my account and chose the item to request a return, I was told I had to print out a label and such to return this.. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Anyway, thanks a lot for mentioning that last part, I might just have Sandisk replace it. Good to know. Thanks again!

Well, I called it RMA though I did not have an actual RMA # to give. Just the shipping label and a barcode printout to put in the package with it.

Customer Since

Well, I finally got my regular old 32GB Sandisk card in the mail the other day and so far, so good. The phone has been working like a charm. No issues whatsoever. It would seem that this phone, for whatever reason, does not like a Sandisk Ultra micro SD card. Weak, but I'm glad my phone isn't the problem. : D

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

I have a 16gb class 10 micro sd card that said it was for a tablet pc and works great no problems in my mercury. Hopefully the new mercury there going to give me in the recall it will still work flawlessly. it is a pny brand.
    Last edited by SnakeFist2005; 10-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

I got a cheap one

I ordered mines (16 gb) from Walmart since i got burned the last time I ordered one (32 gb ended up being 2 gb and wouldn't format) from eBay. I got my money back but I would've rather have a functional card instead. I just hope I don't have to perform any of the fixes stated above. Can I format a card from my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by sonasam300 View Post
    I ordered mines (16 gb) from Walmart since i got burned the last time I ordered one (32 gb ended up being 2 gb and wouldn't format) from eBay. I got my money back but I would've rather have a functional card instead. I just hope I don't have to perform any of the fixes stated above. Can I format a card from my phone?
    Yes. In recovery.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

boo to all to those running ICS then....that's what bigger computers are fir...did I say fir...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information