Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 10.0%

Mercury data issues

Has anybody else had their data throttled on their Mercury? Even though Cricket has no real idea how much data you are using on their 2g/3g network?. There own data traffic Mgr.. They don't support and have no info on and if you call tech support, you will get a different number that's not even close to accurate. According to tech support from June 1st through June 11th, I've used 0mb. However, I did find out that they are now posting your data usage on mycricket which states I've used 472mb since June 1st which is also not accurate.

Has anybody found a better solution for tracking their data? I've downloaded a few days apps, but still nothing seems to be accurate.

Thanks for your help,

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

mercury comes with a data usage app... but the one on mycricket.com is used to throttle ur account! thats what they registered on there end! So keep and eye on that useage to see ur average and to see if u been throttled or not

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

as stated above they monitor the data useage on there end.. This has the added network overhead data used by protocol used to transmit data to proper address (this is data you use that you do not see ).So any app you were to use on your phone will show lower then the actual data used.This is typical on any network of any type.. wireless data servers and protocols also are on a shared type network such as a CABLE COMPANY Wired network that is shared. for this reason security is done by mac authentication . this has about a 5 to 20% overhead.. depending on the number of network hops your data travels thru .
    Hope this helps you understand more about network traffic and data usage.. Its common place on any shared network system.

Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks for the response,
    That's a good point and that does help explain some of the numbers better. However, from other carriers I don't believe those over-head data usages outside of our control for the most part , were calculated in our overall data usage? I know Cricket is new to the whole data usage issues, but they didn't care at all with my Samsung Vitality. I streamed Panadora daily and now the iPhone is getting 2.5gb a month to my Android Mercury 1gb. I guess iphone users are just more Internet savy, thus more data. Whatever, I'll just keep calling everyday, that's kept me from being throttled last month and I was over by a gig.

Thanks your response does help me,
    Craig

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

when the iphone comes out, they will be implementing comparable data plans for androids as well

Thread Information