Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by prgreg View Post
    No, it is not impossible---I just did the same thing to get an Indulge. I just purchased the phone in conjunction with a request to add a line of service. When I received the phone, I called to transfer my phone number to the new phone, and cancelled the extra line, It did cost me a $15 phone number change fee.
    Actually it is impossible. You cannot buy an upgrade for an existing line from the website.
    You added a line and then canceled it. Not the same thing. Yes you may have gotten the desired result.
    And I would suspect it cost you more than the 15 because you have to pay for the first month of service on the new line (plus prorate to your next bill). And since there are no refunds for service from Cricket, cancelling that add a line didnt get you a refund for the service.
    But of course if you were able to get a refund for the service for that new line, please share your method.

I just did a mock order on my account to see just what it would cost. Had to do the transfix, because the merc is out of stock again. Please help me understand the savings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2192012_110756-am.jpg  
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by AB Tailfer View Post
    I went in a cricket store today looking for the Mercury and they told me that the ones they were getting next week were only available for a new account. Is that true?
    this is not true, can tell them you will go to a different store to get it and they just lost a sale. the price for this device currently is $250+$15 phone change fee +local sales tax. still with a $50 mail in rebate. the Original poster of this thread paid $15 to swap their phone number to the new phone, they saved a whole $5 in the end. math=win
    Last edited by indica; 02-19-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Actually it is impossible. You cannot buy an upgrade for an existing line from the website.
    You added a line and then canceled it. Not the same thing. Yes you may have gotten the desired result.
    And I would suspect it cost you more than the 15 because you have to pay for the first month of service on the new line (plus prorate to your next bill). And since there are no refunds for service from Cricket, cancelling that add a line didnt get you a refund for the service.
    But of course if you were able to get a refund for the service for that new line, please share your method.

I just did a mock order on my account to see just what it would cost. Had to do the transfix, because the merc is out of stock again. Please help me understand the savings.
    My quote showed that I would be billed $238.74, but this is the actual charge. I was not charged the first month or the pro-rate for the current month. However, perhaps I was just lucky. But---worked for me!

I also fully expected to be charged the service, in fact, I drove 50 miles to my nearest cricket corporate store, asked about getting my pre-paid service for the new phone credited to my other phone line, and was told "sir, I only show you were charged for the phone. I need to see your credit card statement to open a payment inquiry." So, called Chase credit card number, and found out what they had billed me. Had to walk out a bit embarassed that I did not check my credit card charge first. I relied on the invoice they emailed.

Chase.com

|
    Contact Us

|
    Site Feedback

|
    Privacy Notice

|
    LOG OFF

Chase OnlineSM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Accounts

>
    Account Details

> Account Activity

Account Activity

Print

Help with this page

Select account:CREDIT CARD (...8657) CREDIT CARD (...7105)
    CREDIT CARD (...xxx7)

Select actions for this account: I'd Like To... Go to account details See statement Pay credit card See or cancel payments See automatic payments See pay from accounts Download activity Dispute a charge Dispute a payment Change bill due date Go to account alerts Transfer balances See balance transfer history Pay bills with this card Request cardmember agreement
    I'd Like To...

Outstanding balance $270.93
    Pending charges $0.00
    Available credit $5,229.00
    Chase Flexible RewardsSM
    Show rewards

See rewards details

Balance last statement (02/12/2012) $136.17
    Minimum payment due

$25.00
    Payment due date 03/09/2012

Posted Activity
    Print

Download

• Show:Search Transactions

• Time Period: updates content in current pageSince Last Statement Statement Ending Feb 12, 2012 Statement Ending Jan 12, 2012 Statement Ending Dec 12, 2011 All Transactions

Trans Date

Post Date

Type

Description

Amount

02/14/2012 02/15/2012 Sale VESTA *CRICKET $134.76

Overall activity: 3.0%

My quote showed that I would be billed $238.74, but this is the actual charge. I was not charged the first month or the pro-rate for the current month. However, perhaps I was just lucky. But---worked for me!

I also fully expected to be charged the service, in fact, I drove 50 miles to my nearest cricket corporate store, asked about getting my pre-paid service for the new phone credited to my other phone line, and was told "sir, I only show you were charged for the phone. I need to see your credit card statement to open a payment inquiry." So, called Chase credit card number, and found out what they had billed me. Had to walk out a bit embarassed that I did not check my credit card charge first. I relied on the invoice they emailed.

Chase.com | Contact Us | Site Feedback | Privacy Notice | LOG OFF
    My Accounts
    Payments & Transfers
    Products & Services
    Customer Center

Chase OnlineSM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Accounts > Account Details > Account Activity

Account Activity

PrintHelp with this page

Select account:CREDIT CARD (...xxx7) CREDIT CARD (...xxx5)
    CREDIT CARD (...xxx7)
    Select actions for this account: I'd Like To... Go to account details See statement Pay credit card See or cancel payments See automatic payments See pay from accounts Download activity Dispute a charge Dispute a payment Change bill due date Go to account alerts Transfer balances See balance transfer history Pay bills with this card Request cardmember agreement
    I'd Like To...
    Outstanding balance $270.93
    Pending charges $0.00
    Available credit $5,229.00
    Chase Flexible RewardsSM Show rewards
    See rewards details
    Balance last statement (02/12/2012) $136.17
    Minimum payment due $25.00
    Payment due date 03/09/2012

Posted Activity Print Download
    • Show:Search Transactions
    • Time Period: updates content in current pageSince Last Statement Statement Ending Feb 12, 2012 Statement Ending Jan 12, 2012 Statement Ending Dec 12, 2011 All Transactions

Trans Date Post Date Type Description Amount
    02/14/2012 02/15/2012 Sale VESTA *CRICKET $134.76

Phone
    Mercury

Finally got mine today! Love it. Love the fact it has a damn LED on it to tell ya you have a msg. Probably my fav feature so far lol

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by SJacobs310 View Post
    will you please tell me how to do this?
    \

Sorry I was so excited about the new phone I forgot to tell how I kept my old number.
    I got a prepaid tmobile sim card for $2.31 online for the prepaid starter package.
    Started a new acct with cricket and got the phone a week before my next bill was due on my old account. I ported (current cricket)my number to the tmobile pre paid sim and just used an old phone ime number or what ever it was called activate it on online and ported the number. once the port was complete waited 2 days and then I ported the number right back to cricket on my new acct.

crickets rule is they will only port a number from an another company there was no way they could tell me I couldn't port that number back in again.

I know it seems extreme but I was do anything to save some money and after I went into a cricket store and when they told me it would be right at $300 to get this phone on my acct and plus i would have had to pay my bill in about a week also that was too much for me.
    so with the new customer $5 off code and first month service it came to $300.15 then $2.31 for the sim card that was a lot cheaper than putting out around $350 with my next bill having to be paid right after buying the new phone.

so Indica I saved more than $5 buddy . . . . . . you are right math = win
    Last edited by Sunny Michelle; 02-28-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Michelle View Post
    \Sorry I was so excited about the new phone I forgot to tell how I kept my old number.I got a prepaid tmobile sim card for $2.31 online for the prepaid starter package.Started a new acct with cricket and got the phone a week before my next bill was due on my old account. I ported (current cricket)my number to the tmobile pre paid sim and just used an old phone ime number or what ever it was called activate it on online and ported the number. once the port was complete waited 2 days and then I ported the number right back to cricket on my new acct. crickets rule is they will only port a number from an another company there was no way they could tell me I couldn't port that number back in again.I know it seems extreme but I was do anything to save some money and after I went into a cricket store and when they told me it would be right at $300 to get this phone on my acct and plus i would have had to pay my bill in about a week also that was too much for me.so with the new customer $5 off code and first month service it came to $300.15 then $2.31 for the sim card that was a lot cheaper than putting out around $350 with my next bill having to be paid right after buying the new phone.so Indica I saved more than $5 buddy . . . . . . you are right math = win
    As I think I stated previously there is no way to upgrade your phone and keep your current number online with cricket.What you did was obviously port out and then port back in. All for less than $20 bucks. I don't count your bill in this equation because you would have had to pay that either way.You did NOT upgrade. You gamed the system. Good for you for being creative, but it's pretty obvious to me at least that if you had to go to these lengths to save so little money, you probably couldnt afford to get a new phone in the first place.And actually because you ported a week before your bill was due, you gave up a week of service that you had already paid for. Thats $13.75 that your threw away (assuming you were on the 55 android already) so subtract that from what you "saved". In the end and awful lot of work for just a few dollars. My time is worth more than that I am afraid.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 2.0%

As I think I stated previously there is no way to upgrade your phone and keep your current number online with cricket.What you did was obviously port out and then port back in. All for less than $20 bucks. I don't count your bill in this equation because you would have had to pay that either way.You did NOT upgrade. You gamed the system. Good for you for being creative, but it's pretty obvious to me at least that if you had to go to these lengths to save so little money, you probably couldnt afford to get a new phone in the first place.And actually because you ported a week before your bill was due, you gave up a week of service that you had already paid for. Thats $13.75 that your threw away (assuming you were on the 55 android already) so subtract that from what you "saved". In the end and awful lot of work for just a few dollars. My time is worth more than that I am afraid.

too funny!!!! sure go ahead and assume I must not be able afford the phone because i took a little extra time to save some money. ooh I can afford more but why spend more when I have a career that provides me with so much free time to figure out to save money. Trust me no matter how much money you have every dollar counts. Also, if I remember correctly I never stated that I upgraded my account I simply stated I was getting the phone and figured out how to keep my number while getting a new customer discount.

I'm with woof on this one. Pointless I must say. You "saved" a dollar or two at the end. Not a whole 20 bucks, which even at that is not much. Seems like a lot of trouble.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information