Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Mercury sending Duplicate SMS Messages

Ever since I got my mercury, even before modifying it in anyway, it sends duplicate text messages. Not always, but a lot of the time the recipient of my message will receive the same message 7 times in a row. Other times, it will randomly send a duplicate text to the recipient hours or days later. I think it has something to do with signal level - if it's low, it doesn't know if its sent or not so it keeps trying. That is my guess, but I am not sure.

I am in a perfect coverage area, I checked the map & I called customer service (which we all know is a joke) - after "troubleshooting" for 15 minutes, they told me to take it to a Cricket store because it's my equipment. I don't think it is my equipment....theres nothing wrong with my Mercury. I had an Ascend that used to do this, in January 2011.

Does anybody have ANY tips?! This is the ONE thing that makes me want to leave Cricket & leave my Mercury - because I can't deal with this. Most of the time, people think I'm sending the message 7 times. I'm not.

It happens regardless of what ROM i'm using, or what messaging app I use. It always does it. Obviously Google Voice doesn't bceause it isn't the same # and it isn't going through as a cellular SMS.

Thanks,
    Jesse

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

im sorry i barely got through the first paragraph :P. but the answer to what i think is your question is cricket :P. every phone i have ever owned does this.when i got my Ascend1 i found out i wasn't alone. it's actually crickets problem why it appears we send more than 1 message at a time. try *228 to TRY and lower that number

^ Yeah... What he said.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever had this issue. At least no one has ever told me I'm sending duplicates. Not sure what the issue could be.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

My ascend 2 did it along with the merc now. I think it is put in place to add emphasis

Banned

Same here.. this happened to me in the past on other phones. Once in a while my mercury will do it. BUt not like other phones in the past. I think it does this when you are on wifi . Watch the 3g status icon.It will show as sending receiving and at the same time the wifi will show data usage. The star 228 does fix this. If not call there tech support and see if you can get them to reset your phone from there end. This to can stop it from happening for a short time. Cricket has a strange sms mms service similar to blackberry email/sms. could be the same service. Good luck cricket has useless support.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

With previous phones i've had people say they got the same message twice or more but so far hasn't happened with the Mercury.

When I had a Samsung messager II I had 2 separate incidences where texts get stuck in a continuous loop, the person received the same text every few minutes for literally hours, The 2nd time it happened I had sent a text to 3 people simultaneously and they all received hundreds of duplicates, Nice one cricket.. that was a few years ago tho thankfully hasn't happened again since.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

occasionally a message will report "not sent" when it is really sent, some phones and messaging apps have the feature to auto-resend. . which could account for 7 repeats sent if it says it does not send but actually sends.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I've had my mercury only a few days ... I get an occasional incoming duplicate, but have not had any complaints from people I send text to. I hope it does not get any worse.

Thread Information