Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Here's a solution!

The same thing happened to me just the other day. My wife's Mercury was almost dead, so I swapped the batteries in our phones. Her phone started to charge right away, while mine wouldn't charge or power up even with the battery removed. Initially, I thought the battery was the culprit, but after re-installing the original one, I got the same result. The problem actually stems from a corrupt memory card, in my case a 4GB micro SD. Here's what I did that actually worked:

1.) Removed the memory card and the phone powered on.
    2.) After re-installing the memory card, I got the same result so...
    3.) Using a memory card reader, I copied all my data to a folder on my PC.
    4.) I formatted the memory card (FAT32) using my PC.
    5.) I copied all my data back to the card.
    6.) Re-installed the card.

After powering on, it'll take a while for the memory card to mount, but most important, your problem will be solved! Hey this is what we get for getting a shitty third party phone like a Huawei, not to mention the horrible service Cricket provides...Anyways, I hope this will solve your problems. Have a great day guys & gals!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by jjazzfusion View Post
    The same thing happened to me just the other day. My wife's Mercury was almost dead, so I swapped the batteries in our phones. Her phone started to charge right away, while mine wouldn't charge or power up even with the battery removed. Initially, I thought the battery was the culprit, but after re-installing the original one, I got the same result. The problem actually stems from a corrupt memory card, in my case a 4GB micro SD. Here's what I did that actually worked:

1.) Removed the memory card and the phone powered on.
    2.) After re-installing the memory card, I got the same result so...
    3.) Using a memory card reader, I copied all my data to a folder on my PC.
    4.) I formatted the memory card (FAT32) using my PC.
    5.) I copied all my data back to the card.
    6.) Re-installed the card.

After powering on, it'll take a while for the memory card to mount, but most important, your problem will be solved! Hey this is what we get for getting a shitty third party phone like a Huawei, not to mention the horrible service Cricket provides...Anyways, I hope this will solve your problems. Have a great day guys & gals!
    AN UPDATE: My battery ran out yesterday, and after plugging in the charger I'm experiencing the same issues. I suspect them problem is caused by a faulty internal power supply module. The only way to power up the phone is to take out the battery with the phone plugged in and plug it in and out numerous times. Mine powers up usually within 10 minutes or so. You'll have to be patient. After the phone powers up, re-insert the battery and you're good to go. Here's the tip: DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PHONE ONCE YOU GET IT GOING, OR EVER LET THE BATTERY RUN OUT.YOU CAN HOWEVER REBOOT IT. Otherwise, you'll be going through this again, and someday your phone may never power up again. If you're thinking of getting it repaired, you'd be better off searching for one on eBay. Chances are, your warranty (like mine) is no longer valid and I do not have insurance. So my suggestion is: use it until it dies. If you need to swap SD cards, just make sure your phone is plugged in and turned on before removing the battery. I may try a hard reset in the near future, although I highly doubt this will fix the problem.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

yea, i've noticed more than a couple faulty internal power issues. if your device is in good condition you might be able to add insurance. ask at your local store, we have to inspect it.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since

After reading this thread I got mine to power on by removing the battery and the Micro SD card and then replacing the back cover. Then I plugged in my phone to the USB port of my computer (just to get some power). Then it powered on (yea!) and I inserted the battery as it was still plugged in to the computer. Now it is working - though I have not yet re-inserted the SD card. Maybe that really is the culprit! Now my charging light is on "yellow" so that seems okay. I see that some folks here suspect a power charging strip in the phone however I will note that using a volt meter I can see power on the gold tabs of the phone - the ones that touch the battery (showing power is getting to the battery, I believe). So - maybe it is not really the charging circuit but the SD card. But who knows, really?
    Last edited by darter; 11-25-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information