Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Mercury will not send/rcv pictures

Pictures will not show up in text messages. there is a download button in the message, but the DL is never successful. Any ideas?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I have actually been having the same issue....thinking of just taking it in to Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by d34thbl00m View Post
    ....thinking of just taking it in to Cricket.
    Seems when you take the phone in, all they want to do is reset it. I have read, on other androids, this did not correct the problem.
    Last edited by COW8OY; 12-27-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

Dial *228 .... should help in fixing it.

Sent from my M886 using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Dial *228 .... should help in fixing it.
    Isn't that for first time set up? What will this do?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by COW8OY View Post
    Isn't that for first time set up? What will this do?
    It refreshes your network settings.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

usbcable

*228 is not a good thing to do in this case. The problem is most likely going to be the MMSC settings. If you pull the APN off the phone, i will look at it and do some edits, then you can reload the APN and see if this brings your MMS back. You can also check your account to see is MMS is enabled in features. This could cause you to not have MMS and you would need to open a ticket with cricket to get this fixed on your account. Once your account is fixed, your MMS should work, but you can also manually edit APN for the MMSC settings and it should bring your MMS feature back to working.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by usbcable View Post
    *228 is not a good thing to do in this case. The problem is most likely going to be the MMSC settings. If you pull the APN off the phone, i will look at it and do some edits, then you can reload the APN and see if this brings your MMS back. You can also check your account to see is MMS is enabled in features. This could cause you to not have MMS and you would need to open a ticket with cricket to get this fixed on your account. Once your account is fixed, your MMS should work, but you can also manually edit APN for the MMSC settings and it should bring your MMS feature back to working.
    Since this isnt a flashed phone, why would you suspect the mmsc has changed? If it work previously and just stopped it's likely the account and not the phone. *228 is either going to fix it or will do nothing. If it doesn't then the account may need attention. I would say sending you his APN file is hardly the answer. If the APN file needs editing he can do it himself.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

usbcable

A few times recently i had a few non-flashed phones come in, and the APN edit fixed it, i found that the OTA programmed the MMSC URL wrong and missed a few letters some how. This may not be the fix, it could also be the account and thats the reason i mentioned bolth options. Only trying to offer some help here

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by usbcable View Post
    A few times recently i had a few non-flashed phones come in, and the APN edit fixed it, i found that the OTA programmed the MMSC URL wrong and missed a few letters some how. This may not be the fix, it could also be the account and thats the reason i mentioned bolth options. Only trying to offer some help here
    No worries. It would probably be more helpful for the community in general, and less work for you, to post what edits you made in the APN and what errors you have seen. That way anyone reading this has the knowledge at their disposal.
    Perhaps it's just my over active imagination, but i bristle any time someone says "copy this file from your phone and send it to me". Plus if it's necessary to tell anyone how to get the apn off the phone, it's not much more to instruct how to edit.
    Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum by the way.

It worked fine with the old android, stopped working when I got this phone.

Overall activity: 12.0%

I haven't had any problems with it.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

usbcable

As for posting the APN edit, no offence to anyone but i dont just hand out info like that. Yes its easy and if your any good at flashing its comon sence, but as for just giving that out, not my style here. As for sending the APN, its only a APN there is no personal info in it, nothing that can hurt anything or anyone. I could easily pull a APN off 1 of mine but not at either of my stores to do it and i would have to open a brand new phone for it wich is a waste if you understand what i mean. So for a user to send a APN, i could look at it and see if its correct, if it isnt i can edit and return it along with a stock version and instructions to write it. I would recommend checking account first. If you PM me your phone number i will check your account for you to see if MMS is there or you can call cricket at 1800-cricket and ask them if MMS is provisioned on your account if not ask for a ticket to be opened. Ever since cricket had a 3G outage, there has been alot of MMS issues and i already figured out how, and why. Its not my job to fix cricket systems though im simply just a developer that doesnt come onto forums ever. I personally dont care for forums but giving this 1 a shot just out of bordom. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and hope my info has helped anyone who may view this. As for the APN, the MMSC URL is http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms where i am at. Editing APN can be done by using APN Backup Restore from Market, back up APN to memory card, copy to your computer desktop, and open APN in notepad, the APN will be a .xml file. Look for the http:// and see if it says the URL here. If it is missing a letter or 2 just edit it to match, put on memory card, use APN Backup and restore APN, select edited APN, and reboot phone (Not needed but may help and worth doing anyway to be safe)

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's likely an account provisioning issue. *228 could fix the problem, so it's worth a shot if you haven't tried yet. If it doesn't, you'll either have to call customer service or visit a store to have them look into it for you.

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I too have had some problems with pictures DL'ing from other carriers as well as from other Cricket customers. All I have done is either reboot the phone or dial *228 which seems to work out fine but is an inconvenience like most things with Cricket.

Thread Information