Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Microphone doesn't work properly with Google Voice apps

My phone has always acted strangely with Google Voice apps, I assumed it was a software conflict with something, but just thought I 'd post it in case it's something like the disappearing widget issue many have.

Most of the time when I use Google Voice recognition for Search, GPS etc. The mic stays black and doesn't recognize my input. Other times I have to say what I want twice and it will display both words but never works with just the single saying, like it's taking a second to warm up or something.

Many times, after trying to use it for several minutes, it will suddenly work properly for a while.

If I ever discover what's causing the conflict I'll post it.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I have the same issue with mine!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I've been using a differrent voice recog app that doesn't use Google and it works offline as well, it records your tag and then matches it to whatever you tell it to, it's worked pretty well, but not as robust as Google's stuff. (I'll post it later as I'm waiting on my new phone to arrive today)

I'm just trying to figure what could be getting in the way, Here's some of the apps I run that are active in the background and use audio:
    Volume Ace
    Tasker
    Total Recall
    Doggcatcher
    ecid (speaks SMS, Email, Incoming calls etc)

It's hard to nail down, because sometimes everything works together and sometimes they don't but do you have any of these running?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    I've been using a differrent voice recog app that doesn't use Google and it works offline as well, it records your tag and then matches it to whatever you tell it to, it's worked pretty well, but not as robust as Google's stuff. (I'll post it later as I'm waiting on my new phone to arrive today)

I'm just trying to figure what could be getting in the way, Here's some of the apps I run that are active in the background and use audio:
    Volume Ace
    Tasker
    Total Recall
    Doggcatcher
    ecid (speaks SMS, Email, Incoming calls etc)

It's hard to nail down, because sometimes everything works together and sometimes they don't but do you have any of these running?

I dont have any of that running if even on the phone.

Phone
    htc one sv

FYI the latest mercury update will fix audio problem at least it did for me. i know a lot of people do not want the update because it has muve music with it but the update also includes minor bug fixes in it also. the bug fixes where for anyone running android version 2.3.5
    Last edited by drob6368; 05-01-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

New merc today, put 2.3.6 optimized and not only is the response amazingly quick and accurate, the mic problems have disappeared completely. So I'm not sure if it's a software conflict or not, but if it's important to you (like it is to me) I'd give the Optimized ROM a try and see if it solves the problem, if not, may be hardware and that's under warranty ($20 exchange at Cricket store)

sent by slowly fingering my phone
    Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 05-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information