Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

musicplayer.apk upgrade?? Possibly?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. My question /issue is with the defualt music player. I was wondering if it would be possible to install the stock musicplayer.APK from the galaxy S2? Or similar quality music player for the Mercury? I have searched the play store and all the music player's that feature custom EQ and pre programed EQ setting are not FREE...that is a feature most phones come stock with or at least more than just Music or Movie that the Mercury has for EQ choices. Hints or help would be much appreciated and I'm sure there are a few others that would like the same thing.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Google "galaxy s 2/3 music player ported" if something pops up try it. You're rooted?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

With salas here, if rooted you can swap out for some decent players, I've always been happy with DPSmanager and stock player. Good headphones a must.

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    With salas here, if rooted you can swap out for some decent players, I've always been happy with DPSmanager and stock player. Good headphones a must.
    You got a link for DSPManager?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

That one I do not. Not till phone is fixed at least. That's where I pull files from, but as it is, all I can run on the phone is total stock, no additonal apps.

Smile

I am rooted thank you to Salas guide on fast root and custom recovery. Next question, if I do find a ported APK, what is the best way to install it? Should I change any permissions/ownership of the APK, install from CWM recovery, or should the stock app installer be able to handle the ported APk?
    Last edited by tylerbmacz32; 08-14-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I wonder if the S3 music player can be ported.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerbmacz32 View Post
    Careful. Not all work

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

Well, small set back. The audio driver would have to be ported as well from the GS2 in order for the audio effects to work in the GS2 music player. Just realized that audio drivers are a very necessary part of the EQ settings

Overall activity: 1.0%

I installed a music player .apk via CWM but it doesn't show up in my app drawer. :/

CWM won't install APK unless its a system update, or the package has been built for a .zip flash via CWM. Just use your AOSP app installer if your music app is from the play store. Use any file explorer and navigate to the apk, tap it and select install. Or, Manually install it via Download mode: Copy and paste apk in system/app and copy the lib to system/lib. Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot, you should have your music player when you open the app drawer(menu that has all your applications) hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

UPDATE: found a post that has the audio drivers ported from Beats Audio and should work on all phones according to the post....but also says try at own risk. I will try and post feedback when finished. Posting/walk through is found here: (
    (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up)07/31/12 - xda-developers

)

Salas, another question. Just saw the thread about the ICS+Beats Audio ROM from the glory that is being worked to for us cricket/mercury users. The question is, would the audio driver for that pack work on the mercs stock rom? I installed the beats driver from the link I posted earlier and got stuck on boot. So I figure if its possible to extract the driver from the glory ICS ROM into a single zip, would it be installable? Or would the extract possibly corrupt the files? Guess my issue is going to be finding something compatible with the stock rom since I'm trying to mix two different builds/systems?

is it possible to flash beats audio to the Avenger3 rom?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie522 View Post
    is it possible to flash beats audio to the Avenger3 rom?
    Yes, I installed the beats audio driver from the link I posted earlier and have been using my phone all day with no issues so far. Headphones work, phone speaker works, no issues for me at all. As with any Modding you run a risk of doing something that will screw up the phone, so back up your current rom, apps, contact back up, ect.. before flashing the zip file. The first one I installed got me stick in bootloop. The one that is working for me is the file beatsaudio5.1.zip be sure you DONT download the files that are galaxy specific. Anything with gs2 in the file name. Once downlaoded just flash it in your custom recovery, wipe dalvik and your set. Listen to your favorite song first to see if there is a noticeable change when you install the beats driver. You could also try the app from the play market that I found out about today, just type in beats audio and it should be the fist one with the red beats logo. Claims to do all this for you but I have not tried..
    Last edited by tylerbmacz32; 08-15-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Thread Information