Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicbs View Post
    I was rooted with 2.3.5 but I didn't delete the bloatware and it let me upgraded the firmware successfully, taking me to 2.3.6. This fixed an annoying audio hiss I was getting with headphones. (I wasn't the only one either some others made a post about it) You can still hear a crack 2.5s after you pause sound (*really more of a puff now) but the hiss is just about completely gone with this update, O joy. That hiss was my only real disappointment with this phone, now it's perfect.
    Same here, Rooted 2.3.5 and the update still applied no problem (2.3.6) ,I had a bunch of stock apps frozen with Titanium backup so before running the update I defrosted them all and reboot the phone, then ran update (Not even sure If I needed to defrost them first).

EDIT: Turns out I was unable to send MMS after the applying the update, Tried stock message app & Handcent (I could receive MMS but not send) Long story short I went into Settings / Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names, click on Cricket and scroll down to APN Protocol and change it to IPv4 (nothing was selected at first), Working fine now.

2.3.6 does address the microphone quality somewhat, it is no longer overly sensitive which helps audio quality with video recordings and fixes the voice to text issue, but it's to bad video recording still uses the low quality AMR audio codec., The Mercury is capable of very good quality audio recording judging from using Hi-Q MP3 Recorder from the market.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 04-08-2012 at 02:43 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information