Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yeah, I forgot to add that the last Merc wasn't saving any changes. Couldn't even factory wipe/reset, as it just didn't wipe/reset. It's almost like the last phone went read-only. Anyway, so far the replacement Merc is doing fine. Just being extra careful and not rooting it until there's a software patch out there (or they go back on sale without any problems).

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So wait.... if it's the older phones, like the one I bought 3 days after christmas and is on 2.3.5 without Muve, that are messing up and not the new ones then why did Cricket pull all the phones off the shelf since they'd all have the new ones by now?

Should I just try to return my phone now or something... making it mess up (causing FCs) while the gettin is good shouldn't be too hard.... lol
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 06-05-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZiggy View Post
    So wait.... if it's the older phones, like the one I bought 3 days after christmas and is on 2.3.5 without Muve, that are messing up and not the new ones then why did Cricket pull all the phones off the shelf since they'd all have the new ones by now?

Should I just try to return my phone now or something... making it mess up (causing FCs) while the gettin is good shouldn't be too hard.... lol

Probably they had too many complaints since they did sell ALOT and most of them broke lol Yes i would return it and get a 2.3.6 shipped device. OR it could be that Cricket is saving the Merc for ICS later this year but i highly doubt that since new Huawei models and other Android devices will be out by now. Should wait until the new devices come out, youll like those alot as theyll have more ram, internal sdcard, and so on and so forth.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

Same freakout with my phone

Quote Originally Posted by bmayzure View Post
    Oriax: Thanks for the info. So any word at what Cricket is doing to remedy the situation? Will there be a fix? Or are they going to just shrug their shoulders and tell me to buy a new phone? As you can imagine, I'm not thrilled that I have a $250 brick that I've not done anything to cause.

I bought my mercury when they first came out in feb, and in april the battery went dead and it would not come back on so of course cricket said my insurance would replace it for only $150 so of course i was pissed but hey i had all ready spent $300 and i wasn't gona eat that so i paid the $150 well on the 19 of july it started doing the same thing that yours is doing and of coures they said it was my fault i must have downloaded a virus, so i took it to gadget grave and they had no luck i am really hopeing that there is a fix if not i guess we will just have to eat it and buy a new phone cause they damn sure wont remedy the situation. But i can say this , if they dont fix it i will change my carrier to someone else and iv had my cricket phone (2 lines ) since they first came out a long time ago so if anyone has a fix please post it

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Give it time it will freak out on you again my first one did the same thing yours is did died and never returned and my second one is possesed

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

No i have the newer one the 2.3.6 and its just as messed up get out while the getting is good i guess thats what im gona have to do $450 later ggggrrrr

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by shesaid94 View Post
    I bought my mercury when they first came out in feb,
    Just wanted to clarify Mercury came out before Feb, we bought 2 of them December 2011 (2.3.5 version) and so far both are working fine (knock on wood).

Overall activity: 12.0%

I bought mine the sat it was released Dec 19, 2011 maybe it was the 20th. But mine has been great, I just drop 3g a couple tones a day.. Don't know what that is lol

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    I bought mine the sat it was released Dec 19, 2011 maybe it was the 20th. But mine has been great, I just drop 3g a couple tones a day.. Don't know what that is lol

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup, mines been great too. We are the lucky first buyers.

I tried to install beats audio and what a mistake. Good thing I had done a backup about a month ago. At least I have the old Facebook app back now. hahaha

I think cricket's service has just been poor lately. If I want to send a pic I gotta go outside.... and cross my fingers.
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 07-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

I pretty sure in arkansas they weren't avaliable in stores till late jan or early feb but whatever point is i bought mine in feb and have had two and both of them suck . the first one the battery went dead and would not come back on the second one is like possesed lol with force close messages like com.huawei.autotest force close and process com.huawei launcher3 forceclose or process com.google.process.gapps and process com.android.vending and many more one on top of the other and i have to pull the batt out restart it, Its strange cause i can clear my call log and text messages and after i do a factory reset and reboot they come back but not the recent ones the start back on 7/19/12 and my uninstalled apps come back and it didnt reset sdo i guess i'm one of the unlucky ones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information