Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Never again Huawei

Looks like my Mercury finally crapped out. Will not turn on. battery holds charge just fine. When I let it die, the phone has a hard time turning on...now impossible. Before I would have to like take the battery cover off, take battery out, plug it into computer, press volume buttons, power button,

with NO rhyme or reason the phone would finally power on. Once turned on by pressing the volume down button with the battery out, plugged into the USB.

has no water damage or anything. It's not the charger port either... I had a clean stock rom in it and rooted. WHY doesn't this phone have a soft reset button?? I've tried holding vol. up and power.. It charges just fine when it's on. The problem is I let the battery die...but I think the issue is bigger than that. When I have a chance I'll get a different battery and turn it on

Besides the slowness issues from a 1.4ghz phone...and possibly the worst 8MP camera I've seen.. I have to run the "engine flush" from supercharger v6 every few hours for it to be usable. HORRIBLY laggy dialer....I've tried everything.

I'm done. I want to just rent out my unlimited employee line if possible. No data cap as far as I know with all features including tethering.. It's too bad I can't use a flashed phone on the demo line.

Sad to hear the iPhone 4S isn't that great on Cricket either. And Cricket is raising their prices? Only reason why I'll keep them for the wife is the international calling and the ability to use a flashed phone--all of which even old HTC EVO has been miles better than this "Merc". My wife's flashed phones have always had better reception also (flashed from Sprint).

Don't think I can even sell this mercury...with it not turning on whenever I need.
    Last edited by hyogen; 09-09-2012 at 04:47 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

actually.. if Galaxy S3 is actually coming to Cricket, maybe I'll hang onto this line... :D Does anyone have any hard evidence?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I don't personally have hard evidence, but the flashed ones seem to work really well. Time to step outside the box?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by hyogen View Post

DON'T BUY THE MERCURY. I just finished writing a rant about it after it died on me. Worst phone I've owned in years. Many other complaints and pretty much not one completely satisfied owner out there (I don't think).
    I've owned a Mercury since February. besides minor issues with 2.3.5 before I flashed Oriax's Revokster, it is a good phone, actually better now that I have ICS on it. bought another one just last month because I will be using it to learn how to create custom ROMs and other android developmental stuff.

Not saying its the best phone in the market, but as far as cricket phones go, this is definitely the best phone I have ever bought from them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I don't personally have hard evidence, but the flashed ones seem to work really well. Time to step outside the box?
    with employee lines, you can only use actual Cricket phones no flashed ones from what I understand..

The Mercury probably is Cricket's best offering, but it still sucks compared to other carrier's phones of even 2 years ago. i.e. the original HTC Evo.

I've had it for maybe one year now...it was much better until more recently. I think I read quite a few people complaining of issues that arose around the time of mfr warrantee expiration.. Hopefully you won't start having issues with your phone in several months..

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Actually from what I am reading people either had certain issues after the muve updates OR when they use PST to force flash ICS onto their mercs. I never did any of Cricket's updates and had no issues, and updating to ICS thru my sdcard seemed better (and easier) in the long run for me.

But as with everything in general YMMV, I guess I've just been lucky.

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Please. The Mercury is much better than the original Evo.

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Technically speaking, the merc has better specs than my evo3d

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

I bought a Mercury in December and it has served me well so far, I had it replaced recently only because I got the text from Cricket offering a free replacement and I wasn't exactly sure why they wanted to replace it.. I figured better to be safe than sorry.

The replacement isnt any worse or better which is what I was hoping for, Except I do hope they plan on fixing the wifi / mms issue with a firmware update (It used to work fine before the muve updates were put out) The issue affected my old and current Mercury.

I had more problems with V6 supercharger versus leaving it uninstalled, It also caused a noticeable battery drain so I don't use it anymore.

The latest stock firmware has good memory management on its own and CarrierIQ is no longer present (finally) which also reduced lag.

To me the current stock firmware has the Mercury running just as good if not better than it did with Revokster (Which is still a solid ROM considering everything works on it, even MMS w/ Wifi enabled).

First, I finally got the mercury to turn back on. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason to turning it on. It has progressively taken me longer and longer to figure out how to turn it back on. The last time it took me maybe 30 minutes trying different things and it finally turned back on when I had the battery out, plugged into USB of my computer, and I pressed the volume DOWN button... the previous time it was the power button without the battery...but I swear it only happens once in a while--Once I tried to replicate the turning on solution by removing the battery and trying to turn it back on the same way I had done before....only to waste another 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it on again...

Anyway, from now on I must NEVER let my battery completely die....this time I seriously thought it was done for. After wasting 2 hours earlier today (yesterday) and posting this thread, I left it alone for most of the day and tried again for another 10 minutes before I got it to work. It wasn't left on the charger or anything. It doesn't charge until it's ON.. I've tried different cables, ac adapters, outlets... When I finally do get it on, the battery is at 0%, but after that it charges fine and holds a charge perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    I bought a Mercury in December and it has served me well so far, I had it replaced recently only because I got the text from Cricket offering a free replacement and I wasn't exactly sure why they wanted to replace it.. I figured better to be safe than sorry.

The replacement isnt any worse or better which is what I was hoping for, Except I do hope they plan on fixing the wifi / mms issue with a firmware update (It used to work fine before the muve updates were put out) The issue affected my old and current Mercury.

I had more problems with V6 supercharger versus leaving it uninstalled, It also caused a noticeable battery drain so I don't use it anymore.

The latest stock firmware has good memory management on its own and CarrierIQ is no longer present (finally) which also reduced lag.

To me the current stock firmware has the Mercury running just as good if not better than it did with Revokster (Which is still a solid ROM considering everything works on it, even MMS w/ Wifi enabled).
    Hmm, might have to try this--I think I would need to install the stock recovery back on there since CWM recovery is on it?

I honestly think the original Evo was WAY more smooth and less problematic than this phone. Like I said, my wife's previous phone which was a flashed Evo gave my wife no issues. It had better reception by far (even my friend who runs a cricket store says it's true that flashed phones . Tethering worked (I think they might have blocked it recently, but the Sprint tether app worked when she had it).

Also, I never installed the Muve update. Hmm, V6 always seemed to help my phone..

I hope this mercury lasts me till GS3 arrives (fingers crossed).

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

The thing about the phone not coming back on after the battery dies completely has happened to quite a few people. There is speculation that it may even be the reason they are doing the replacements. Since the first time I read about that happening, I never let my battery die. (that's bad for the battery anyway) You should contact Cricket and try to get a replacement under warranty since this is a known issue.

@Rites- no, the Evo3D is a dual-core phone, the Mercury can't compete with that spec-wise, even though the Merc is clocked slightly higher.
    Last edited by Gmash; 09-10-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
    The thing about the phone not coming back on after the battery dies completely has happened to quite a few people. There is speculation that it may even be the reason they are i
    doing the replacements. Since the first time I read about that happening, I never let my battery die. (that's bad for the battery anyway) You should contact Cricket and try to get a replacement under warranty since this is a known issue.

@Rites- no, the Evo3D is a dual-core phone, the Mercury can't compete with that spec-wise, even though the Merc is clocked slightly higher.
    Its actually good for the phone to die. Once a month you should charge it to 100%. Let it die. Charge it backup without interruption. Its proven to work. The wiping battery stats is stupid because they get reset every time you do that.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

And yes the Samsung Galaxy S3 is definitely coming to Cricket. The slide I saw said November.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 12.0%

I Hope the gs3 isn't an arm and a leg lol

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    And yes the Samsung Galaxy S3 is definitely coming to Cricket. The slide I saw said November.
    Great news! :beer:

Sent from my DROID Safety RAZR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information