Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by dayemare View Post
    I realize that we need the source kernel. However, I'm sure many people would be content with just talk/text/wifi and not data if they got the advantage of using ICS. I would =P thats why I am doing this project. thanks oriax! I'll give it a try once my fiance leaves. get pumped, guys

edit: Oriax, do I need to include gapps for ICS? I have it, but not sure if its needed.

I would use it all i would have to do is switch back in forth to roms if I need Data Lol

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Would you guys rather have a rom tonight with talk/text/wifi or wait until data is available on it, which could be anywhere from a day to a few weeks?

i ill take it tonight and hen the data is fixed i will Get that one Thank you Guys So much you Guys are GODS

Talk text wifi

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

PM sent.

Also it could be months or never. All depends on huawei or if someone compiles a rom from scratch then chances are higher.

~Sent by Oriax123
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

We are pumped!

Unfortuntely for ALL of us, the UPDATE.APP that titan found that we all thought was CDMA due to the context of where it was found, is not actually CDMA. Turns out, its the same damn ROM going around being called an alpha. What does this mean? It's not going to work. It doesn't work beyond the pretty menus and flashy animations.

As a junior developer, I thought I was on to something - a few people did - because there WAS a big possibility that it was CDMA because the context stated that the update file was "no gsm" - presumably now understood to mean "no google market support." I thought I was bold enough to take this on and make a project out of it. I was wrong.

While in previous posts I said I had signal and it was working, I wasn't actually in ICS - I just thought I was. I had actually not flashed it correctly - hence being a junior developer - I thought I knew what I was doing, while in fact, I was doing petty edits and simple kitchen work.

I am sorry for letting the entire forum down. I feel like shit as I had been working on this forever and invested so much time and emotion into it. I pretty much expect all of you to hate me.

edit: To be fair, wifi works.. this would work AMAZINGLY for someone with inactive service who wants a media player

Last edited by dayemare; 04-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

God obviously hates us.... kidding LOL. Well no he probably does hate us but still! Anyway good run! Honestly I'm satisfied with my stock root for now. My phone works how I want it too and the limitless amount of launchers and app replacements out there keep the tweaking and themeing going. Thanks for your efforts to you and everyone else who has tried for our small community!

Now where are those framework themers? If I had a PC I would cook something up for us. There is already one person here that's done some touching up on the status bar and unlock as well. Also Oriax has our revokster rom which I haven't installed for some reason...

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Damn so we got hosed ok ok you guys that my bad so to make it up ill find you guys a rom

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by scottpole View Post
    Now where are those framework themers? If I had a PC I would cook something up for us. There is already one person here that's done some touching up on the status bar and unlock as well. Also Oriax has our revokster rom which I haven't installed for some reason...

You really should install that bad boy. I have been running on it for about a week now and have seen about 30% better battery life (without any TK apps btw) and a massive speed increase on the phone in general. Could not ask for a better custom ROM.

Banned

Hi Do not beat yourself down over this.. Sometimes new eyes on something can find things that are over looked. There is no doubt you made some progress at something. But not trying to rub the bad news in . Again first thanks for all the efforts..I will also keep looking into this. If you have time upload what you did someplace so i can compare it to the others work.

ALSO I Did say back in the other thread this was the same rom . A ROM Without GMS SUPPORT GOOGLE MARKET.. It seems maybe someone should start a aosp. aosk rom for this device.. We do have all the drives most kernel and modeules.. only thing that would have to be built from scratch is the cdma kernel parts and modules.. There is a OPEN Kernel source for the u8860 phone in Huaweidevices.com.
    Source for android 4.03 can be d/loaded easly. into repo after set up.. all the instructions are on there site.. I just do not think this computer has the power to compile.
    good luck and again thanks .. If you get a chance upload what you have .. BUT DO NOT PUT THE LINK PUBLIC SEND to us in pm. Publicly people will flash it then scream they bricked the phone... Sorry all but read the other rom threads.. its true

Glad we can all be positive about it.

Android Titan, this is NOT your fault You just found it and thought it might something, so you posted it. I'm glad you did.

Before I started this, I knew nothing about working with the Android system & core files & the basics of developing.. now I know how to take a rom, customize it in any way I wish, and publish it.. you can expect roms out of me in the future.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I'm glade to have aboard cause there is only a few of us that dev. And or mod roms for and on cricket phones the number one person who needs no introduction is the one only Playfulgod then have duck with his mod for the ascend 2 me with 3 roms for the ascend 2 and one ics alpha for mercury and right now in working on CM9 4.0.3 ics on the ascend 2 along with just finished my beta miui rom 2.3.7 based off 4.0.3 :screwy: lol so I been busy but I also been doing research on how the complied the kernel for ics because in the demo they released they had 2 version's the first one was still had the Android 2.3.5 kernel but was running ics then hey released the 3. What not kernel I have the the demo with the the stock kernel do you think you could take that this them add the rest of the missing files the and so on

Dhacker and Haschcode were able to build 4.0 roms based off of CM9 for the Droid Bionic starting from scratch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information