Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    M886

Phone won't save changes.

So my phone has been great up till Saturday, when I picked it up and found that it was unresponsive on a black screen. I ended up removing the battery to get it to restart, it restarted fine and seem to be working without problems. Then yesterday I started getting random force closes on things like my wifi and bluetooth. When this continued I attempted to do a hard factory reset and it did not work. What it did do was revert the phone back to the way I had it on Saturday March 3rd. So then I found jkinglv60's unbrick post and attempt that. I was able to get into the files systems and replaced recovery.img and created the folders and place the other 6 files into the new directory. When I turned my phone back on I got the standard recovery screen without the option to use the jkinglv60 flash. So I went ahead and put it back in download mode to see if I missed something and all the changes I had made were gone.

Anyone have any idea what the cause could be?

Thanks in advance
    Zane

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

It seems like you missed a step maybe you needed to click on the left 252mb and create new folder named image and double click that folder named image and click open at the bottom of the window and download the five files just follow the directions

Phone
    M886

Ok went back through and replaced every file in the image folder this time, I still get the original recovery menu. with (reboot, apply updates from sd, wipe data/factory reset, and touchscreen firmware update).
    I took out the battery now and put it back into download mode and all the files I put in the 2.2g file system are gone, as well as the recovery.img in the image directory is 6.2mb instead of the 6.4mb that I replaced it with.

Like I said its not saving the data.

Zane.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

ok let me clear it up a bit,

What I did was I browsed to the 252 file system, then found that the image directory was already there, so I then replace all the files with the ones you provided. Then I proceeded to the 2.2g files system created the clockworkmod > backup > jkinglv60 directory, then put the other 6 files into that.

after I did this, there was no change, so I put it back into download mode and all the changes I made are gone. All files I changed/created are no longer on either of those files systems.

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Check your pm I'll give you my phone number your making me look bad

Phone
    M886

Thanks for the chat, as you can tell its not your method that is wrong. The phone is having some other issues. So if you come up with any other ideas drop me a line.

Phone
    M886

Quick update, I got the phone replaced at a cricket store. They didn't question the rooting at all. They couldn't get it fix in store either.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Crap I am still stuck having the same issue and I dont think replacing is an option for me so I am still bricked and trying to find a way to fix it.

Phone
    M886

I think this is happening because of a corrupt internal storage on the partition level. But without having a lot more data on how the drive is partitioned out I wouldn't attempt to correct it.

For what reason do you not think you can get a warranty replacement? If the phone is not physically damaged you might be able to send it directly Huawei.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneumb View Post
    I think this is happening because of a corrupt internal storage on the partition level. But without having a lot more data on how the drive is partitioned out I wouldn't attempt to correct it.For what reason do you not think you can get a warranty replacement? If the phone is not physically damaged you might be able to send it directly Huawei.
    LOL I was on there support site I couldn't even find the place to get info on sending it in

Phone
    M886

customerservices@huawei.com Try emailing them. See what they can do you for.

Emailed them guess we will wait to hear what they say....

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

ha ha guys i had insurance and tottaly bricked my phone where i tryed to fix your guys problem by formatting the whole device big mistake! I HOPE YOU GUYS DONT DO WHAT I DID!

I even tried formatting but nothing will take.

Same issues here. It is like the phone is stuck in a read only mode or something. No settings will stick after a reboot. And nothing sticks while trying different root methods. Keep getting constant force closures. This is my wifes phone so it had never been rooted or messed with in any way shape or form.

Banned

daddy if your phone has not been modified in any way . I would return it to the store as its likely defective if YOU ARE on 2.3.5 ask them if they can flash it to 2.3.6 or exchange it for a new WORKING PHONE..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information