Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

This phone was bought in december and I would rather not have to pay out the money for the warranty replacement. It would be so much easier if a 2.3.6 update would be released to the wild. Or any stock restore method for that matter.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by daddyof3_101 View Post
    This phone was bought in december and I would rather not have to pay out the money for the warranty replacement. It would be so much easier if a 2.3.6 update would be released to the wild. Or any stock restore method for that matter.
    Try calling the huawei 800 number . see if they will push the update to you .Or tell you to fix it.. Also ask them above ics while you have them on the phone. the phone should have a 1 year warranty with them. this is above and beyond the 5.00 a month insurance from cricket.

I have been sending Huawei emails and calling since before this phone came out trying to get the stock files for some of the other forums I frequent. I will give it once more shot though.

Banned

good luck....

I have been sending Huawei emails and calling since before this phone came out trying to get the stock files for some of the other forums I frequent. I will give it once more shot though.
    I also tried emailing with no response. I actually sent my phone to Oriax with the hopes he can work his voodoo and get it working again. But I have seen multiple people having this issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    I also tried emailing with no response. I actually sent my phone to Oriax with the hopes he can work his voodoo and get it working again. But I have seen multiple people having this issue now.
    I have been hacking and roming phones for a very long time. And this is the weirdest issue i have come across. One day its fine and then its like groundhogs day. It is stuck in a time space loop where every reboot takes it back.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

I have been hacking and roming phones for a very long time. And this is the weirdest issue i have come across. One day its fine and then its like groundhogs day. It is stuck in a time space loop where every reboot takes it back.
    I currently have cas8180 mercury he sent me, I believe 2.3.5 is fucked up in noob terms lol even in Linux trying to format then repartition ends up the same way. Tried changing permissions by chmod 777 letting me delete and replace files in all the partitions but revert back at the end. Can't install cwm recovery so you can wipe and restore from another rom. Wont root either. Tried scanning it with a antivirus and found ALOT of viruses lol even the internal sdcard wont format. Wifi says error. Our best bet would be if Huawei adds the gingerbread 2.3.6 update.app on there site. We should all email them.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    M886

Only other device we have been able to find that has had similar problems is a USB flash drive. I can only guess that the partitions themselves are becoming corrupt. But as jkinglv90 has said messing with the partitions is a brick waiting to happen, unless you have tons of experience rebuilding entire drives partition/file systems.

I tried everything I could think of to repair mine short of deleting the partitions and rebuilding them. I tried formatting (in linux and Windows), I tried custom roms, I tried recovery apps, I tried to delete the entire content of the file systems. None of it would take.

$20 isn't a terrible price for a warranty replacement, since you don't have to go through the hassle of shipping and waiting.

If you do find a solution let me know, I would love to see how its resolved.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

\x00\x00\x00\x10","appsboot.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\x20","file25.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\x30","boot.img", "\x00\x00\x00\x40","system.img", "\x00\x00\x00\x50","userdata.img", "\x00\x00\x00\x60","recovery.img", "\x00\x00\x00\xC0","file11.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xD0","file08.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xE0","file05.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF0","file04.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF1","file07.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF2","splash.raw565", "\x00\x00\x00\xF3","file01.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF4","file02.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF5","file14.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF6","boot_versions.txt", "\x00\x00\x00\xF7","upgradable_versions.txt", "\x00\x00\x00\xF8","file09.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xF9","version.txt", "\x00\x00\x00\xFA","file20.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xFB","appsboothd.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xFC","file23.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xFD","file16.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xFE","file18.mbn", "\x00\x00\x00\xFF","file21.mbn"

Banned

by law for them to be gpl compliant they MUST Post kernel source on there site for 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 . Also do you know if Huawei is a member of the Google android Aliance . If so They MUST PUSH ALL Current updates and new os versions for 18 months of the phone being RELEASED. Google has been putting pressure on companies such as ACER ,ASUS,HTC, and so on.. I know this from my active involvement in the Acer a500 Community.
    So maybe a Protest by email Should start. But from seeing the numbers of people on this forum IT Will likely not bring much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    I currently have cas8180 mercury he sent me, I believe 2.3.5 is fucked up in noob terms lol even in Linux trying to format then repartition ends up the same way. Tried changing permissions by chmod 777 letting me delete and replace files in all the partitions but revert back at the end. Can't install cwm recovery so you can wipe and restore from another rom. Wont root either. Tried scanning it with a antivirus and found ALOT of viruses lol even the internal sdcard wont format. Wifi says error. Our best bet would be if Huawei adds the gingerbread 2.3.6 update.app on there site. We should all email them.

I went through all of that as well. I could never get my permission changes to stick either. When I would plug the phone in it would pop up 5 different partitions. Many of which were locked out to me even on ubuntu 11.04

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

hmmm

I was looking at some files this morning and i noticed something. If you use the files from the image folder "assm.mbn,emmcboot.mbn aka bootapps.mbn(smthn like that), and files from the extracted Update.app from the c8860 in theory you can fix the phone using qpst software download. To get it to read you have to take the battery out, put it back in AAAnd stAAArt. Once booted quicky! Tap the menu key, settings,app,dev,enable usb dwbugging then press home button, dial *#*#2846579#*#* then project menu,background ,usb,enable manufature mode. Dont reboot. InstAAAll the diAAAg drivers from the "manually udate prl merc" thread. Once done qpst should be abe to read it. The only probem is to find out whAAAt file01,02,04,14,25.mbn and unknown_file.0,1,2,3,4 partition names are. Then we maybe able to fix this crap.

What a god damn headache :P

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    What a god damn headache :P
    Huge headache lol

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Just reading a lot of the posts in here and a couple of other forums it seems like this phone has a lot of issues in general.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information