Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    Just reading a lot of the posts in here and a couple of other forums it seems like this phone has a lot of issues in general.
    only with 2.3.5. Everyone who had this problem was happening on the Mercury's shipped with 2.3.5 stock rom. The lucky ones got 2.3.6 as shipped stock so were safe. Wonder what there gonna do about it. btw i uploaded 2 working roms already.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Any progress on getting mine working?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    Any progress on getting mine working?
    I'm always trying new things but still a no go

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

upsetting.....
    had the phone roughly 3 months, rooted and even used oliax's revoke rom, all of a sudden yesterday phone just refused to allow me to do anything. anything i tried resulted in force closures spamming....
    so i brought it to the nearest corp store and got a warranty exchange, rep and i went through 4 phones with 2.3.5 before we found one with 2.3.6 (after reading here, it seemed it was safest to go with)
    so now my phone is once again boringly stock and i am trying to figure out if i wanna try rooting and adding rom again (lol will probably do it, just a lil more wary this time)

from my (limited) experience with phones (even before the smartphone wave) i did come to find that sometimes the phones are rushed into production and software issues would pop up. most (the big boys) carriers would send out an OTA update, or would do an update/trade phone in store, sadly Cricket doesn't quite do this, which in my opinion sucks, but i guess you do get what you pay for

______ EDIT _____

I was never made aware (and have been slacking on my reading) that the muve update would also update phone to 2.3.6

This was negligence on both my part as well as Cricket (they should inform customers to update, in my opinion)
    Last edited by Rites; 04-10-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    upsetting.....
    had the phone roughly 3 months, rooted and even used oliax's revoke rom, all of a sudden yesterday phone just refused to allow me to do anything. anything i tried resulted in force closures spamming....
    so i brought it to the nearest corp store and got a warranty exchange, rep and i went through 4 phones with 2.3.5 before we found one with 2.3.6 (after reading here, it seemed it was safest to go with)
    so now my phone is once again boringly stock and i am trying to figure out if i wanna try rooting and adding rom again (lol will probably do it, just a lil more wary this time)

from my (limited) experience with phones (even before the smartphone wave) i did come to find that sometimes the phones are rushed into production and software issues would pop up. most (the big boys) carriers would send out an OTA update, or would do an update/trade phone in store, sadly Cricket doesn't quite do this, which in my opinion sucks, but i guess you do get what you pay for
    If your phone was 2.3.5 stock when you got it then yea you'll get that problem. I thought the ota update would fix that.

~Sent by Oriax123

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

lol it probably did, but i never did the update. as a matter of fact i'm updating my current phone now. will never use muve (too much like itunes to me, and i despise apple products), but figured i'll keep this phone stock for a bit while i try to understand the whole supercharger script.

more than likely my phone will only stay stock for a week at most while i try to figure out exactly what i want in it.

Before I even try, do you have to make any changes to any of your zip files to accommodate the update?
    Last edited by Rites; 04-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.

I'm having a strange problem that is similar to what you are talking about. I have a stock mercury 2.3.6 that will not save any changes and also will not delete anything. I have tried master resetting from in the phone and from stock recovery and it will not delete anything. I then tried to put in the custom recovery and it will not stick. Every time I reboot the phone it reverts to the stock recovery. I have done one of these before and had no problems but this one is very weird. Any insight?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Damn i think Huawei f*d us on this phone, if both 2.3.5 & 2.3.6 stock models are doing this than we should report this because we all spend crap loads on this device just to brick itself onced running. Stock & rooted will eventually end up as a brick..

Sorry to say it but this phone not saving changes or master resetting is somewhat of a plague. I have seen several, 10 or so, none of them were rooted or had a custom recovery and they have this issue. I cannot for the life of me fix it. I hooked up one in emergency mode to a linux build and went into the filesystem of the phone and deleted a few things, mostly apps and cleared the delvik cache. Reboot the phone and everything is back, it is like I did not touch anything. An easy way to tell if you are having this problem is to delete a contact and it will say "successfully deleted" reboot the phone and see if its back. Somewhat discouraging considering the amount of money spent on these devices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information