Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone won't turn on past Huawei logo. DL mode available. Recovery mode not.)

I haven't rooted my phone. It died last night. Afterwards, it wouldn't turn on. After several hours I was able to boot to the Huawei logo, but no further. I'm also able to get to the pink screen. Recovery mode will not come up. My phone simply stays on the Huawei logo. I've tried replacing all the files in the Image folder from DL mode. I've let the phone charge for hours on the Huawei logo screen. I've tried installing custom recovery.img files. I've also searched posts for the last 4 hours with no luck. The phone has no water damage, nor physical damage. I"m at a loss, and would really appreciate some help. My phone still has a valid warranty, through the manufacturer; however this will take time and I suffer everyday i'm without my phone. (I'm addicted). Any help or suggestions would be great . Currently, I have my phone in DL mode, charging. (Just incase the phone isn't charging otherwise).

2. Remove this advertisement.

phone doesn't charge in download mode so careful you wind up with a dead battery in the middle of working on it. what happens when you attempt to enter recovery? Blue screen or just huawei logo?

No blue screen. Just the Huawei logo .

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

heres an update. AFter being in DL Mode for a couple of hours, the phones screen did go black. AFterwards the little light blinks red, 3 times, 2 seconds apart every 30 seconds. I realize my phone is psycho but this MUST mean something

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Boot into fastboot then
    just open command prompt navigate to sdk folder with fastboot.exe and send fastboot -w command and reboot hopefully that works

I hate to sound unknowing, but could you say that in English? Open CMD prmt from PC? then navigate to Sdk card..............understood. How do I do it from there?

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

im in the only folder available to me....Image. In this folder, fastboot is not listed. Boot is, as an image; however, from my computer it just says "cannot mount" when i try to launch via CMD prompt

Banned

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

im uploading the download mode files to google drive

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK . you should be able to just replace the files you have with these and your phone should boot stock... there is a sticky threat in this forum with more information about how to do this..
    GOOD LUCK

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-9...3QzeFhaa0dqc1U

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-9...DhfU1R3ZXNsSTA

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-9...0p5VzhEenNIUGc

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-9...Dh0b1I4bWFiQ3M

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-9...jJ4amRSMjN1UWM

Last edited by ericarenee; 08-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Hey Erica
    So I wasn't able to download the files you posted. The link brings me to my Google Drive home page; however, I did find a Mercury Stock zip file. Its currently downloading (247MB). My question now, to anyone who may be able to answer:: Where do I put these files? When plugged in, on download mode, only one drive partition is available to me. THe drive isn't labeled and contains one folder "image". Within this folder there are 5 files, all of which I've replaced. THe files i'm downloading now (247MB total) where do they go? I went to the store today, and due to "dropping of the phone" and my tiny scratches on one corner, my warranty is void.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Apparently she forgot to make the file public.

The files you are downloading should be used to replace the image folder in your phone.

Cognac Entertainment

Banned

humm that is odd i will check the link.. Rites could be correct .. but it looks like he posted a link to them let me know and i will fix the link..

as far as the stock rom you are downloading im assuming its something you would flash with CWM RECOVERY FROM YOUR SD CARD.. but not sure

You are correct. Unfortunately the stock rom willll do little good for me, as I can't get into restore mode to recover from SD Card. I have already tried replacing the files in the image folder.
    New approach: is there a way to force recovery mode? or perhaps a utility that will allow me to restore the stock rom via my PC?

Banned

Last edited by ericarenee; 08-14-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

Find the pushscript posted by playfulgod,make sure you have ADB on your computer,while in the pink screen run the windows-install.bat file in the package and it'll push su and busybox into your phone,also if you are seeing the internal chip make sure you have a recovery.img file in there for it to run from,if not pick one up out of the forums on here.Then locate stock.zip(also on here somewhere) and install it from nandroid by starting your phone while holding in the up-volume button and power at the same time.If you have the cd that came with the phone ADB and the drivers you need are on it.To run ADB copy it to your computer and open the Command(cmd) prompt and type adb devices.if it sees your phone it'll list it as a device.if it lists it then run the installer from the same prompt.
    Hope it works,ive never bricked mine to that extent(but close LOL!)

thx for the info . i actually have downloaded a program from google which has adb as a resource. i havent been able to get my phone to show up as a listed device but I also havent given the "push script" a try so I'll look at it later. . in the meantime i bought a new mercury lol.

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

Cool Re::

So now you have a good phone and an experimental one.You could theoretically open the new one and copy the recovery.img and other files from that one to your computer then into the new one.
    Don't do whatever you did to phone#2 LOL!!!

Hey! i know its been a while but i wanna work on this phone today. I can't find the push script posted by playfulgod...think you could help me find it?

Nevermind....found it

Rooting the Mercury

Last edited by Mikey78250; 08-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information