Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Play games with your Playstation 3 Controller

After my GF griped about the controls sucking when playing her PS1 games with FPSE (Playstation emulator), I found SIXAXIS CONTROLLER that pairs your controller to your phone and it works on the Mercury.

FPSE:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tor.fpse&hl=en

SIX AXIS CONTROLLER:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntroller&hl=en

The procedure works like this, you find or create a CD image of your game (She owns a ton so we just downloaded one off a site to try it), you then need to hunt around and find an optional BIOS file for your emulator (this allows instant saves and other stuff). Put all this in a folder on your SD Card.

Connect your PS3 controller to your PC, run the SIX AXIS PC app run the Six Axis app on your phone, get the BLUETOOTH code off the phone and just enter it in on the PC app, it just programs the controller to match your phone, really easy. You can download this from the SIX AXIS site.

Run SIX Axis controller on your phone, press START - it should find your PS3 controller, after it pairs, go to KEYBOARD settings and choose SIX AXIS CONTROLLER as your INPUT METHOD where keyboards and input are.

Now Run FPSE, under CONFIG and GAMEPADS, choose ANALOG and then ASSIGN HARDWARE buttons, you'll need to program the up, down, r1 etc 1 time, choose program "left stick up" it will pause for input, the push up on the left stick of the controller, do this for all buttons, only have to do it once and the game will remember it.

Load you GAME ROM and you PS3 controller will now control the game.

This will work on most any emulator GAMEBOY, N64, etc... just need to be able to program keys which most should do.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Nice post, can't get my kid off of his ps3 now except for when we leave the house. With this he going to be a walking video game zombie. I let him figure out how to get it to work, will give him a challenge. I remember back ten years ago and they told me that the phones will have music players on them and I said who wants to listen to music on there phone. lol
    Last edited by captainkirks; 05-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.

What emulators are worth using? None of the NES, SNES, Gelesis emulators I've found wrok properly.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

VGBA for Gameboy works on Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    VGBA for Gameboy works on Merc.
    The only piece of software by that name on the play store is a Scamulator. Can you post the apk?

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    The only piece of software by that name on the play store is a Scamulator. Can you post the apk?
    great name, anyway here's the link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fms.vgba&hl=en

$5 for free software that you dumbed down to the point of not working is a scam. The only people who gave this emu a good review only use it to play pokémon and even that has glichy sound. Too many reports of games not working at all. Guess my phone still isn't good for anything.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I don't see anything that interests me on Gameboy Advance anyway, I do know it works for some titles, but neither of us kept it, sure as shit wouldn't pay $5 for it unless I was going to use it regularly. Playstation is a different story.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    $5 for free software that you dumbed down to the point of not working is a scam. The only people who gave this emu a good review only use it to play pokémon and even that has glichy sound. Too many reports of games not working at all. Guess my phone still isn't good for anything.
    free software?? you complain that the software is VERY buggy, but dont wanna pay ur developer any to help it get better or such! Im not going to lie, im one to try it out before i pay! i DO use blackmarket to get it first and if i like it i WILL pay for it! i done this Countless times! But i DO believe in paying the dev if it is worth it and/or to help them out! Without them, u wouldnt have the software to begin with, and 5 dollars isnt a bad price for pretty much a console on ur phone

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    5 dollars isnt a bad price for pretty much a console on ur phone
    If it's a legit piece of software developed from scratch and not free piracy software that you ported poorly, I could see your point.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Exactly. For less than the price of lunch we can play most of our Playstation titles on our phones and even use a controller if want to. Considering what we paid for the original consoles, games and other hardware, I consider it one hell of a bargain.

I also try most software before buying, it's saved me from getting ripped off countless times, and it's also exposed me to software and developers that I ended up buying later that I never would have known about.

@Prinny; I get it, you don't want to blow $5 for something you can't use, just don't buy it, but keep in mind some people look at it kind of like a kickstarter program, they're funding the development of something they're interested in with no guarantee of results, but it's not for everyone.

Also N64oid works with the Merc, GF is playing Zelda Ocarina of Time right now
    Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 05-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information