Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

PlayfulGod IS making GREAT progress!!!

i just received a notification of a post on a thread i started on unleashedprepaids.com titled "PG to get Merc" you can check it out here:
    PG to get Merc

on page three, you will see this statement from PG:
    1.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what does this mean, you ask?

it means PG has done SOMETHING WONDERFUL!!!!
    it means the Merc is capable of 1.9Ghz overclock speed!!!!!!!

what else does it mean?

i don't have a clue! ain't gonna lie, but it seems he must have something cooked up for the merc. the beauty is; it hasn't taken a year....only a month or two, on his "OFF TIME!" there are so many times i wish that i knew how to do this sort of thing......alas, i am just a modder, not a dev'er. anyone that wants to help out in anyway you can, please post here!!! PG is watching the threads and i'll notify him of this one so he is up-to-date.

that being said, please no questions on whether/when something will be released or shown. that is not what this thread is for. please no random conversation, just cold hard work for this thread. thank you

james

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

p.s.-----i do not know if it is at 1.9 solidly or if it is flakey. time and patience will tell. none-the-less, great work PG!!!!

rock on!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    i just received a notification of a post on a thread i started on unleashedprepaids.com titled "PG to get Merc" you can check it out here:
    PG to get Merc

on page three, you will see this statement from PG:
    1.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what does this mean, you ask?

it means PG has done SOMETHING WONDERFUL!!!!
    it means the Merc is capable of 1.9Ghz overclock speed!!!!!!!

what else does it mean?

i don't have a clue! ain't gonna lie, but it seems he must have something cooked up for the merc. the beauty is; it hasn't taken a year....only a month or two, on his "OFF TIME!" there are so many times i wish that i knew how to do this sort of thing......alas, i am just a modder, not a dev'er. anyone that wants to help out in anyway you can, please post here!!! PG is watching the threads and i'll notify him of this one so he is up-to-date.

that being said, please no questions on whether/when something will be released or shown. that is not what this thread is for. please no random conversation, just cold hard work for this thread. thank you

james

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

p.s.-----i do not know if it is at 1.9 solidly or if it is flakey. time and patience will tell. none-the-less, great work PG!!!!

rock on!
    that man is amazing. Thanks to the both of you guys.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa thank both of you for making this happen, im glad we havent given up...with dev support this phone can be great

Overall activity: 83.0%

This is awesome! I would like to help anyway I can, I can always learn on that in which I don't know. Thank you for getting PG a Merc and thank you PG for your time on this.

"Omg I'm so happy we can overclock to a setting we will never use, because my battery already sucks! " lol I hear that all the time on XDA. BTW my merc has been OC'd to 2.1/2 GHz. Although I didn't test it much, the mercury is capable of some great things. Pg should try over clocking the GPU if possible, and then I might consider this a "High End" phone. Still, props to Pg

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    "Omg I'm so happy we can overclock to a setting we will never use, because my battery already sucks! " lol I hear that all the time on XDA. BTW my merc has been OC'd to 2.1/2 GHz. Although I didn't test it much, the mercury is capable of some great things. Pg should try over clocking the GPU if possible, and then I might consider this a "High End" phone. Still, props to Pg

-___-....(-.-)..... t(-.-t)

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I am told via pm that Merc is stable at 2.1Ghz, however, runs a bit warm even down to 2.0Ghz. This is why he is setting it at 1.9Ghz.....idk bout y'all, but that's faster than my laptop, thus i an stoked beyond bonfire status. He did say he is going to s lay down a governor or two and POTENTIALLY release it today, so don't hold your breath...never know when something comes up out of nowhere! But,i think maybe you could hyperventilate and just breathe shallow and rapid!!! Lastly, he is going to lay groundwork for CM7/9/10. Oh man, i can hardly wait!!!!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

If so, why were you holding out? No disrespect, but one would think, with all we've been through with this phone, that someone who was able to oc, would let other people know, so they could test/tweek as well to perfect it. Again, no disrespect, but you saying you've already done that is a bit back-handed and raises the question: what else have you done/got? Why won't you let others in on it? Just askin'.

Phone
    Mercury M886

I am told via pm that Merc is stable at 2.1Ghz, however, runs a bit warm even down to 2.0Ghz. This is why he is setting it at 1.9Ghz.....idk bout y'all, but that's faster than my laptop, thus i an stoked beyond bonfire status. He did say he is going to s lay down a governor or two and POTENTIALLY release it today, so don't hold your breath...never know when something comes up out of nowhere! But,i think maybe you could hyperventilate and just breathe shallow and rapid!!! Lastly, he is going to lay groundwork for CM7/9/10. Oh man, i can hardly wait!!!!

I keep hearing different definitions, so I'll ask you. What's the benefit of it being OC'd and how would we get it on our phone?

If so, why were you holding out? No disrespect, but one would think, with all we've been through with this phone, that someone who was able to oc, would let other people know, so they could test/tweek as well to perfect it. Again, no disrespect, but you saying you've already done that is a bit back-handed and raises the question: what else have you done/got? Why won't you let others in on it? Just askin'.

It was a failed CM port. Thus why I said " I didn't test it as much" oriax or nubcake had tried the same thing before me. I can't remember which. But it was mentioned in the old forums at CU. That's why I said its capable. Not stable FROM WHAT I KNOW. My mercury was my daily driver I couldn't risk testing and geting an frying my phone. Sides no data/talk/text. So I played with it for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    I keep hearing different definitions, so I'll ask you. What's the benefit of it being OC'd and how would we get it on our phone?

If you don't know, I suggest you don't worry about it.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

It was a failed CM port. Thus why I said " I didn't test it as much" oriax or nubcake had tried the same thing before me. I can't remember which. But it was mentioned in the old forums at CU. That's why I said its capable. Not stable FROM WHAT I KNOW. My mercury was my daily driver I couldn't risk testing and geting an frying my phone. Sides no data/talk/text. So I played with it for a few.

Cool....like i said, no disrespect. I was just curious because i am not that good at dev work. I will mod from trusted sources, more beta/chi testing. I leave alpha testing to the ones who make this wonderful stuff!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quick definition: oc(overclock)= faster processor, thus faster phone. That's it, nothing more. Basically, allowing the processor to accept higher voltage. Kind of like giving a car more fuel and air. More fuel and air means more horse power

Phone
    Mercury M886

Gtfoh...aside from the fact that I DIDN'T ask you, I said I keep hearing different definitions. Like when you said you were overclocked and your gpu was overclocked. I just wanted to know the difference

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quick definition: oc(overclock)= faster processor, thus faster phone. That's it, nothing more. Basically, allowing the processor to accept higher voltage. Kind of like giving a car more fuel and air. More fuel and air means more horse power

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information