Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    Gtfoh...aside from the fact that I DIDN'T ask you, I said I keep hearing different definitions. Like when you said you were overclocked and your gpu was overclocked. I just wanted to know the difference

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Know what salas...I apologize. That was uncalled for

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    july 2012

OMG i cant wait to see what that playfulGENIOUS has in store for us! i been waiting a LONG TIME for some badass dev to do something AWESOME with this phone! and i cant think of anyone better than him! your the man playfulgod! thank you SOOO much for all your time and effort! as always it is verry much appreciated!!!

I'd be more encouraged to hear how he's doing getting thru the signed/passworded bootloader issue that has boot and recovery locked tight....

Customer Since
    july 2012

ya! just havin a cwm based recovery would be a big thing to me! i loved having it on my ascend 2 and before i swiched to ICS i HAD it on my merc!

Know what salas...I apologize. That was uncalled for

Its all good homeboy, its just I'm tired of people messing with things they don't know, and eventually mess up the phone, blame us, and end up paying out of pocket for a new one. Like "what's rooting?" And they go try it on an HTC phone, which some are hard to root. Only because they want to do something they have no idea does. Remember the thread "I'm rooted. Now what?" Yeup. Over clocking can eventually fry your phone, that's why its *OVER* clocking. Make it go faster than what is safe.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by moosepoop85 View Post
    ya! just havin a cwm based recovery would be a big thing to me! i loved having it on my ascend 2 and before i swiched to ICS i HAD it on my merc!
    Ummm.....i have clockworkmod recovery on mine. Lots of folks do. It's the ROM's we're after here. I think mine is 5.1.2.8 our something like that. Got the how to from Oriax, i believe.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Ummm.....i have clockworkmod recovery on mine. Lots of folks do. It's the ROM's we're after here. I think mine is 5.1.2.8 our something like that. Got the how to from Oriax, i believe.

Pretty much had to have it for the EZ root method

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Its all good homeboy, its just I'm tired of people messing with things they don't know, and eventually mess up the phone, blame us, and end up paying out of pocket for a new one. Like "what's rooting?" And they go try it on an HTC phone, which some are hard to root. Only because they want to do something they have no idea does. Remember the thread "I'm rooted. Now what?" Yeup. Over clocking can eventually fry your phone, that's why its *OVER* clocking. Make it go faster than what is safe.

Damn. You remember that? Lmao I was just looking for ideas because I knew there were things that some rooted phones can do that others couldn't. What's the difference between regular over clocking and OC'ing the GPU?

Damn. You remember that? Lmao I was just looking for ideas because I knew there were things that some rooted phones can do that others couldn't. What's the difference between regular over clocking and OC'ing the GPU?

GPU makes for smoother phone animations and games. I think my GPU is at 195MHz

Customer Since
    july 2012

no no. i mean a cwm based recovery for us with ICS! i had it for my merc too! but when you update to ICS the bootloader and whatnot is locked! so... no cwm recovery as of yet! unless you know something i dont! ALSO. i do want to thank you for sending him your extra merc! i appreciate you loaning it out so we can all get some awesome stuff developed for it! its wayy too awesome of a phone NOT to have some badass's like playfulgod and oriax123 cook up some cool stuff for it! and thanx too all others who may be involved!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

overclocking the cpu, is making the central processing unit (cpu) run faster. Overclocking the gpu is basically the same thing, however it's the graphical processing unit. The gpu is what you see for the most part, how quick the animations are, how nice they look, how crisp they are as well. Better benchmark tests will come of the cpu and gpu being faster.

with overclocking comes heat, with heat comes problems. heat can fry the cpu and it will lower the life span of the unit, and what's worse is it can fry the unit, which is why it has to be stable at a certain amount. it also uses more power, thus causing a larger battery drain. different governors can be used with the cpu for different results, some might be on demand, where when you wake up the phone AND use it it'll be set to the highest amount (mostly), or smartass where it basically lowers itself when not used to the lowest possible amount possible. the problem with governors is they can end up with glitchy outcomes, OR better outcomes.

if you plan to use the newer settings when they are released, i recommend you to end up buying a larger battery to accommodate for the larger power use. overclocking is basically where the stats you end up making the processing unit are more than that of the manufacturer release, under clocking is just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    overclocking the cpu, is making the central processing unit (cpu) run faster. Overclocking the gpu is basically the same thing, however it's the graphical processing unit. The gpu is what you see for the most part, how quick the animations are, how nice they look, how crisp they are as well. Better benchmark tests will come of the cpu and gpu being faster.

with overclocking comes heat, with heat comes problems. heat can fry the cpu and it will lower the life span of the unit, and what's worse is it can fry the unit, which is why it has to be stable at a certain amount. it also uses more power, thus causing a larger battery drain. different governors can be used with the cpu for different results, some might be on demand, where when you wake up the phone AND use it it'll be set to the highest amount (mostly), or smartass where it basically lowers itself when not used to the lowest possible amount possible. the problem with governors is they can end up with glitchy outcomes, OR better outcomes.

if you plan to use the newer settings when they are released, i recommend you to end up buying a larger battery to accommodate for the larger power use. overclocking is basically where the stats you end up making the processing unit are more than that of the manufacturer release, under clocking is just the opposite.
    You bro. You're a badass

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post

Couldn't of had said it better, these are the type of comments people should be putting in CU. Instead of trolling or just bashing on others over dumb questions. By the way, thanks Sportwin for loaning the Merc to PG.

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

I've read that somewhere searching through Google. I agree, this is nice information. I overclocked my gamer plenty of times, got to cool it down more then stock cooling.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Thats why its good to use a kernel when overclocking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information