Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Are there any downside doing the unlock generator? I'll do it, I have too much free time in my hands, but I dont wanna mess my phone up, like permantent bricking it or something.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    That's a good idea except when you run the
    "fastboot oem unlock <password>" cmd
    if the password is incorrect the phone displays that on the screen with a warning symbol and then reboots itself into android...
    so it would take too long...

Hey wait a minute...if the phone knows the password is wrong, then somewhere in the boot.img is either the password or a script to check if its right..so an unpacked boot.img could potentially be hacked to find the password or the equation that generates it...unless it was encrypted or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    Are there any downside doing the unlock generator? I'll do it, I have too much free time in my hands, but I dont wanna mess my phone up, like permantent bricking it or something.
    I wouldn't mess with it...I've already verified that it works....it needs a 16 digit key...what is that..a quadrillion some odd?
    Plus there may be a counter on your phone, where if you enter too many wrong attempts, it could brick itself to spite you..hehe.

I found the boot.img and made a copy of it to my sd card and now onto my laptop...the next step for me will be a hard one, getting the boot.img file unpacked into it's kernel and ramdisk..

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    I wouldn't mess with it...I've already verified that it works....it needs a 16 digit key...what is that..a quadrillion some odd?
    Plus there may be a counter on your phone, where if you enter too many wrong attempts, it could brick itself to spite you..hehe.

I found the boot.img and made a copy of it to my sd card and now onto my laptop...the next step for me will be a hard one, getting the boot.img file unpacked into it's kernel and ramdisk..
    this key changes each time the phone boots until you hit the right key. but the key changes until then so guessing will never work.. sorry if this sounds stupid but its how the program does it.. its not just a key its a live program that lives in the boot-loader so to speak.

So I talked to a friend about the bootloader issue and she know wayy more about all this than me, she tried it and she said that the bootloader unlocked with this website I gave her. Anyone want to try? the website is:
    Bootloader hack! | minicyanogen(mod)

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

not sure if i (or anyone else for that matter) would be willing to risk a bricked phone for a program made for sony experia

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    not sure if i (or anyone else for that matter) would be willing to risk a bricked phone for a program made for sony experia
    Yeah, I know what yu mean. I had the same thought until she tried it. She said it worked for her, she might of just got lucky, but never know until it's tried by several more people

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I got in...for what thats worth....

untitled.jpguntitled1.jpg

Sooooo...where does that leave us?

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

intovoid that file is visable on any rooted phone thru a root file manager or adb connected to device Sorry. but that means nothing .
    thanks for the try thou

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information