Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Customer Since

Problems Updating Firmware

Okay so when I try to update to the new OTA firmware update M886_cricKet_B898SP01, I keep getting the same error message upon installation which reads:
    Checking patch files. . .
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/fat/image/recovery.img", "6e4b28 f567a31fc9749fb271fc341dd74b8cd2d", "7abe8df64684fb2034e436a15ea471b14e4c5035")
    pid=17, staturs=1792
    E:Error in /sdcard/HwOUC/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Formatting /cache. . .
    Installation aborte.

I am using the stock ROM from this thread:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...re-backup.html

And the stock recovery.img from this thread:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...i-mercury.html

I did a factory reset from settings, and again in recovery mode. I am not really sure where to go from here, and would really appretiate any help. Thank you in advance.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Also I should add, I tried unmounting the SD card and installing the firmware, and the same error came up except it didn't say "sdcard" in the error message. I tried wiping cache, and it failed. Im beginning to think either the recovery.img is somehow damaged, or the stock ROM is damaged.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Using the same ROM and I've tried all recovery images that have been posted. Getting that same error. I'm gonna try Oriax's stock GB ROM later today but I'll have to replaced all the stock apps so it'll be time consuming.

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    Using the same ROM and I've tried all recovery images that have been posted. Getting that same error. I'm gonna try Oriax's stock GB ROM later today but I'll have to replaced all the stock apps so it'll be time consuming.
    phew. if it works for you back up and post a copy of your ROM. it would be incredibly helpful if someone could just make a backup file of thier ROM after getting the update. That way we could just restore it with clockworkmod.
    save us a lot of work too.

I would try to do the same as you, but I am not even sure where to find the stock files, or which ones came stock.

Im almost positive the ROM is not stock, because if you noticed Torch is on there. Torch is by cynogenmod...

I didn't know torch was a cyanogenmod app. It's in the system/app file though and it's hard to imagine the guy would have installed it that way himself. As far as my original plan of rebuilding Oriax's stock GB ROM, I'm starting to doubt its effectiveness. I can't recall all the bloat apps that were on it and besides that, I only have those apps from the update ROM a are using. Not sure if that'll cause some conflict.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

pretty sure i know what's going on here. In the update that is was integrated into the rom we are currently using, there is a patch for the recovery itself. Since we are using the ORIGINAL stock recovery image we are getting a sum mismatch

Customer Since

Yeah if you load up torch it says its from cynogen. Not to mention Crikey would never put an app that could potentially overheat and ruin the phone. Idk though...

However that makes perfect sense regarding the recovery image.

If you take the stock ROM file we downloaded and explore it with winRAR you could probably locate the recovery.Img.

I personally am not familiar with this technique though. I just researched it a little.

i know exactly were the recovery img is, problem is, when the clockwork mod backup that we flashed was made, it backed up the cwm recovery since the stock one was replaced with it. No idea how to implement the recovery patch manually though. We have two options that i can think of: Have someone post a backup of the rom with these latest updates, or have someone upload the image file with the updated and patched stock recovery.

Customer Since

Oh wow. Yeah your right. Didn't even cross my mind. Well, finding someone to post a stock updated rom would be tough. I thing someone posting the patched recovery image is more likely.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

If you wanna make a request thread Thad be tight. I mean I could myself, but this is my first week on the forum and I think I have 3 threads going already. I feel like I'm bombarding lol

Just PMed makemon (whos backup we flashed) and asked if he copied the stock recovery before replacing it and if so would he mind uploading it for us to test. We'll see

Customer Since

Alright good deal. Just let me know when he gets back to you. Of might not be a bad Idea for him to tack this onto his original thread. It seems alot of us are having this problem. It's on other forums as well.

You test that out yet man?

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

You need to restore the backup with cwm, BUUUUUUUT you need to rename the file "android_secure.vfat" and just add a period in the beginning like this ".android_secure.vfat" then after it's installed, install the new stock recovery image and update it.

I'm uploading the updated stock backup to dropbox right now. I'll post the link soon

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tx9rl5zb9qcq26/STOCK.zip

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

This should be 100% working. This is the backup I made right after I updated before restoring any apps or anything. Just restore and do a factory reset and you should be good to go ;-)

So this will get stock recovery back also?

Have you seen any improvements with this update? Anything get worse?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

No it's a backup made in cwm so it'll still have custom recovery. You have to extract the folder, place it in clockworkmod/backup on sd card and restore as backup. But I have noticed slight improvements in network performance. Nothing to get too excited about though

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Galaxy S4

does anyone know why it says "md5 mismatch" when i try to restore the backup???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information