Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Quiet output

Quiet output

I'd like to start by saying that the volume apps are worthless. All they do is alter EQ settings to artificially raise the volume, including Volume+ That said external speaker volume is adequate as is headphone. The trouble arises when I attempt to use the 3.5mm jack as an output to the head unit in my car or my home stereo. Its just too quiet. I know its capable of pushing harder though because if I'm listening to music and push the speak destination function in Google Navigation the music gets louder. Any ideas?

Stock ROM
    Rooted

Sent from my Mercury using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

if ur using ur stero for output, ur phone dont need to be up too too loud to begin with =p let the system amplify ur volume not ur phone far speaker sound i dont know =[ i listen to music with head phones with build in amp, never rely on phone VOLUME to much, just quility

This issue is with the volume on both the phone as well as whatever its plugged into on max

Also as I said headphone volume is more than adequate.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

The Muve update boosts the 3.5mm output level but I (and many others) had other issues after updating... i'd make a backup first if you decide to try it.

Has anyone tested a before after with stock rom vs modded rom? Can any of the rom editors chime in? I'm not risking the Muve update. Although the increase in 3.5mm output makes it a tough decision I don't want to deal with the possible aftermath. If Huawei can increase the volume I'd suspect one of the custom rom creators could as well.

Bump

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

ive NEVER had a volume problem when i had my merc!!!! i was painting a room, using my phone as mp3 play with the phones speaker and it was SUPER loud!!!i couldnt turn it up all the way, it could be heard throughout the house!!! in the bathroom while bathing, i heard it just fine over the sound of the water from the shower! i cut grass on a LOUD DIESEL TRACTOR and with head phones i can still hear the music =] maybe ur loud and my loud is different!! i used no artifical EQ or volume pusher other then beats audio and even that LOWERS the volume JUST a smug, but like i posted above, in sum case the volume was still just to loud!!

all this was while running revokster, the painting room was on cm7 . . . i not sure if stock rom is worst or better, wasnt on it long enough to even notice, but i dout it!!! maybe ur device is bad if u think the volume sucks after hooking it to ur car radio, cause thats an external eq, u need VERY little vol for that to work cause max volume would sound like crap if u ask me! coming from some one that studyed music and was in 3 years of music techoligy classes!!! =D

Thread Information