Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Recovery Image Bundle.

Not much to say here really except that it's a bundle of 3 recovery images.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ubzrlrkqu...y%20Images.rar

This file contains the Stock recovery image, the CWM recovery image and the TWRP recovery image. Just trying to slap them all together for easy finding for everyone to make use of. Refer to Salas's instructible to get more info on how to place them into your phone. http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-recovery.html I am not responsible for making these recoveries, I am only putting them into one single container for quick downloading with less searching.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Good job buddy. Quick and easy...just how I like it How bout learning how to compile CM9/10 with me? I'm starting the long reading process...any experience with any of that?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

The last time is compiled anything was in Ubuntu Linux with GC and it came out as nasty as the Lemon Party. I would rather not attempt anything such as that ever again, lmfao. Compiling should be rather simple as long as you have the proper components. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you need the source coding to compile anything either, if you have the proper utilities you can break down just about anything to work with as a starting basis. For our condition as an example. Take the current CM 7 rom for the merc and take the stock GB rom. Open them up and find out what the primary software conditions are for operating in the preferred device fields, in our case you need it to be based on the cdma based technology. Easier method would be to crack open the actual ICS update for m886 and the stock update for the ICS based u8860. Take those two and crack em open. Find the update script and compare how to take the scripts to your advantage. Our scripts for our m886's update gives command variables to configure our roms for cdma upon installation while the u8860's script is set to configure for whichever companies sim card to be active for. CM 7-10's method just plainly loads up any sims card you slap in it. You get those scripts from the factory m886 and slap it into an update based setup of CM or whatever other choice of rom you would like to tamper with and you should have a decent starting basis. I have gotten 3 roms into CDMA mode by doing this. CM7, CM10 and Lewa OS. The only ones i have gotten to actually connect to CricKets network are CM7 and Lewa OS. They are both GB builds though. So there is probably a different way to how they are configured. But anyway. Good luck and try not to end up compiling a CM build and upon installation having it say welcome to iOS. BTW. Just try to use one of the current u8860 roms and change it to run in cdma mode with the proper command variables to use the cricket folder that is in the root of your system. You just need the update script to get it to recognize and configure the OS by using that method. Getting data to work is whole other ball field though. Hell, that update script may even set up your data to work. I've never got the chance to since my internet connection is too crappy and have never got the m886 ICS update to play with.

Customer Since
    Sept 2012
    Phone
    Mercury ICS

Damn man, I should have just started a new thread for this lol. Thanks for all the "schooling" though. I'm waiting to get my home internet back on and then I'm on some "trial and error" type shit I'm reading about all this alot lately and I figure the nerd in me can do it. So you think we might be better off taking a cm9/10 rom from the u8860 and getting that into cdma? The only reason I ask is because I've been "eye humping" Playful God's cm9 settup on github. I should just start a thread when I get home internet back, but I figured maybe I could start toying with it now and maybe even have somehing solid to send back to PG for his cm9 build?!? I guess I'm sick of waiting and willing to get off my ass and build! I've been wanting to learn how to for the last couple months Thanks again on your input though, because I can't find too many huawei threads for building.
    -keep looking -

Overall activity: 7.0%

Who made the twrp recovery and will it work with stock kernel? Haven't seen it for the Merc so any links to the dev info for it would be cool

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    Who made the twrp recovery and will it work with stock kernel? Haven't seen it for the Merc so any links to the dev info for it would be cool

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I noticed that lol. I'm thinking of trying it on a Merc I have on my desk lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yes it works. Just keep in mind that the backups it makes are rather large. My stock backup was damn near 1 GB. But yeah. Give it a shot. If you don't like it just boot back into download mode and swap back out for stock or cwm. BTW. Make sure you check your storage saving locations. They are backwards in TWRP.
    Last edited by biledigger; 03-30-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: extra info

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Z740G Sonata

I have a few files for the merc

Mercury files in my dropbox
    http://db.tt/a6C57ubu
    Recovery img

http://db.tt/NNeBanpE
    Rooted apps
    Last edited by kaiprospectvoodoo; 03-31-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Thread Information