Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Repairable Brick?

Hello, all. Over the past 8 months or so, I have switched back and forth from rooted GB to rooted ICS. Now, 3 days ago I wanted to return permanently to GB and use the Kernel that worked so well for me before. Why I even tried ICS again, I don't remember, but I've really never had a problem with ICS, just browsers closing all the time, etc. Anyway, I'm trying to remember everything I did to go back to GB again, and mind you-it's been 3 days of scouring this forum and XDA and Unleashed, and the rest of the net. Basically, I went into the customer image folder and overwrote that image. I did it through Root Explorer and had to switch to R/W(or R/O whichever one allows it), overwrote existing bootimage and switched back to R/W, or R/O - again I forget which one.

I don't know what I was thinking, as I've done it before, and maybe I was thinking this was a quick way compared to the 2 update way to revert to GB. Well, I have the Image Signature Verify Fail and that's as far as it goes. I can pink screen, but phone never shows up on my XP Computer. After reading forever, I tried PST Tool and it won't show a port, or allow me to put one in. ADB is installed, I believe. I've went through a few threads that showed how to use PST tool, but maybe I'm missing something? Hopefully someone could help with this. I can stick my SD Card into an SD adaptor and hook it to my XP computer, and Ive put ICS Update.app on it, along with the GB one to see if it will fix the phone, but obviously I need to access my phones internal memory, which I'm not able to do.

Please help. I promised myself that if this gets fixed, I will leave well enough alone. LMAO So, please let me know if I can fix this? Thank you.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

It's toasted.

To unbrick this phone you'll need to get into DL mode and FORMAT first partition of phone in Computer Management in XP/7.

NOTE: Phone will ONLY work for testing purposes only and will not be able to sign into google or make another call.

That's the only thing I could do to get it back running. Problem may be fixed, Need to change MEID, MED numbers and so on to make it work again.

D-Man, do you know of any instructions on how to format the 1st. partition? My phone does not show up at all on my pc. I'm going to be homeless within a few days, and really only need my phone for potential employers to call me. If, after doing what you said, are you saying my phone might be fixed or just able to make a test call? I have a ton of time today to try this, so if you have any link to instructions I would really appreciate it. I've been rooting and tweaking phones since I had my A2, but now I really screwed up, and being in the situation I'm in now, I shouldn't have been messing with it. I really hope you have a read-me on how to do this, or a link, and I will start googling it now. Thank you for replying.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Re: Repairable Brick?

Try a hard reset vol up and power when the phone is off

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

I tried that but it goes straight to Image Signature Verify Fail. I can get into pink screen but PC doesn't recognize it. I'm searching google for what D-Man said, but with no luck. Thank you for replying.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

If you can get into the pink screen then you can get your Mercury working again...find a way to access your sd card on the computer(doesnt have to be from Mercury) and transfer the update 2 file for ICS and try booting into pink screen, when i did this is booted me straight to the update and i was back on ICS good luck

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    If you can get into the pink screen then you can get your Mercury working again...find a way to access your sd card on the computer(doesnt have to be from Mercury) and transfer the update 2 file for ICS and try booting into pink screen, when i did this is booted me straight to the update and i was back on ICS good luck
    Wow, man. It worked. I just can't thank you and everyone who helped enough. I even tried this, as stated in the op, but it kept going to signature fail. Dude, thank you so much. Now, I would like to go back to GB to have a custom recovery, but that's what I was doing when this happened. I guess I will just stay with the sweet, but memory hog, ICS. Again, thank you.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 1.0%

I have a h866c and I'm told by some coder's that the merc root will work for the ascend y because of the pink screen. I am following the root for the huawei mercury on unleashedprepaids.com
    I am stuck however with being able to copy aime files to a root directory as I have subsequently pushed the files to sdcard via adb. I am now needing a distro to push corresponded files to root directories preferably nautilus

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

I was gunna say if that didn't work to follow the merc root on upp. I believe there is flashes in there for ROMS

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetal View Post
    Wow, man. It worked. I just can't thank you and everyone who helped enough. I even tried this, as stated in the op, but it kept going to signature fail. Dude, thank you so much. Now, I would like to go back to GB to have a custom recovery, but that's what I was doing when this happened. I guess I will just stay with the sweet, but memory hog, ICS. Again, thank you.

Glad to hear you got it working. Good luck with the job search.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
    Glad to hear you got it working. Good luck with the job search.
    Thank you, it's been hard finding a job. I came out to AZ for work in May and that immediately fell through. No car, so it's tough. I'm out of this place tomorrow, and just going to continue job hunting. At least jobs will be able to call me now that my phone works. I'm so grateful for that. Happy New Year everyone.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Well I am an Idiot.. First off i bought an huawei h866c as an impulse buy because i was sick of my old Service provider... I pooted my phone and all worked out well. But then I decided to take it to the next level. I flashed the recovery that was recommended by Clockworkmod rom manager. I didn't think anything of it. I found a nightly release of cyanogenmod that someone swore was compatible to the phone. I rebooted and tried to go into recovery mode so i could flash the phone. Of course when I rebooted i instantly got the "image signature verify fail" Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect signature. Please update your image to a signature official one. So I have actually found "after 10 hours searching" an official recovery image for my phone. I can boot the phone into "download mode" pink screen. In windows xp the phone gets installed as 2 com ports and an android modem. I have tried Every program i can find to do the recovery flash. None of them detect the modem. I have tried to adb into the phone but devices shows no device available. I have a dual boot pc. Ubuntu 12.10 and Xp sp3. One of the guides told me i could connect to the phone using nautilus for ubuntu. I have installed every single package that had to do with nautilus. Still cant figure out how to access the phone. Currently sitting in the "pink screen" Download mode with no way to push the recovery.img to the recovery flash. I would greatly appreciate any input that i am missing. I have tried to get to download mode while the sd card is in and it fails to boot to download mode. Its not until I take the Sd card out that am I allowed to boot to download mode.
    Last edited by Huawei; 03-21-2013 at 01:15 PM.

I did what thekidgio said on page 1 and everything worked well. From there I downgraded from ICS to Gingerbread. Have you tried this?

I didnt get that far. The first time i rebooted after incorrect recovery flash I got my issue. I cant access recovery mode. I can only access download mode and even then there are no drives that show up on the computer. Phone wont boot to download mode with sd card installed. my wife has the same exact phone. So I took recovery.img renamed it to update.app and put the file on the root of my sd, tried to get into download mode. I also put a couple of copies of recovery.img in different spots. I left recovery.img on root then made a folder called Download and Dload since ive read both of these methods. I placed a recovery.img in both of those folders. need somehow to find a way to get my computer to properly recognize the phone so adb will recognize the device.. I went backwards in the thread and didnt see exactly what you were talking about.. I am feeling more and more noobish by the moment. I thank you for your quick response man.. This phone comes packaged with 2.3.6....
    Last edited by Huawei; 03-21-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Put the update 2 ICS file on your sdcard either on another phone or on a PC with the sdcard adapter. If you don't have an adapter or another phone, maybe use a friends. I used the adapter since this is my only phone.

I can only get in to download mode if I take out the sd.. I am pretty sure i am screwed here.My phone isn't the same as your phone, It looks damn similar. But as i do more research the phone seems close it's fcc id is QISM866 but the Part Number GPHUH866CB.

Last edited by Huawei; 03-21-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information