Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 65.0%

The file is a sticky saying ICS Install. Do the 2nd update file. I dont know about your phone or differences, but its worth a try I guess. Or wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Is that the trac phone? I just saw a pic and maybe you shouldn't use this ICS update. I recommend starting a new thread and going from there.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%

:Msg Deleted
    Last edited by Huawei; 03-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarsketch View Post
    I have a h866c and I'm told by some coder's that the merc root will work for the ascend y because of the pink screen. I am following the root for the huawei mercury on unleashedprepaids.com
    I am stuck however with being able to copy aime files to a root directory as I have subsequently pushed the files to sdcard via adb. I am now needing a distro to push corresponded files to root directories preferably nautilus
    Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

I was gunna say if that didn't work to follow the merc root on upp. I believe there is flashes in there for ROMS

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

if you were on a h866c how did you get the adb to work with Pink screen "download mode" My h866c installs as 2 com ports and 1 modem. 1) DBadapter reserved interface, 2) Bluetooth communications port. 3) Android adapter modem. When i try to find devices in adb none are found.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    not sure
    Phone
    Huawei-Mercury

If your computer is not seeing your phone in pink mode you may not have the right USB-Android driver installed on your computer.
    I had this problem as well way back,you have to uninstall the one windows picked and force it to use the one included on your phone.
    Uninstall the one it picked and replug your phone into it NOT in pink mode and pick browse for driver.browse it to the phone and have it use the driver it has in it or if your using ics just run handset Windriver.exe.Using XP i'd say reboot after installing the driver and try repinking your phone.It should see it : )

Thank you all for your help.. Luckily for me I still had original box and reciept ... The people at walmart exchanged it no questions asked.. merely asked to pay $6 in taxes... I lucked out. So on that note i went ahead and pooted the phone again but i will not be flashing anything to it until i watch a 13 year old do it on youtube first.. lol ive learned my lesson.. thank you guys for your responses..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information