Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 20.0%

Phone
    Mercury

replacement FYI, and Fair Warning

I finally did it....
    After using all the brilliant hacks and tweaks put out by the Gods, I fried my phone . That is not say that Oriax123 or Titan had any fault in it. Their roots, rom's and hacks worked flawlessly. I just could'nt leave shit alone. I am a noob to the tenth power, and despite numerous warnings from the pros on this forum, I pushed my phone too far. Tweak after tweak, boot screens, custom roms, whatever else sounded good...all of it went on my phone. Frenzied lunacy ensued. I just could'nt stop.Unfortunately, I am not learned enough to fix a single thing on my phone. The God's gave us the power, and I mishandled it. As punishment , I received the black screen of death. Shit!!! Panic took over. Battery out , battery in, volume up, volume down, wave your hands over the phone three times and say the majic words......dead , dead, dead. What an ass.. I took a badass phone with custom everything and turned it into a brick. F***in noob. Damn . Now what?!! Here's the good news-

After learning that Cricket may frown upon those who tweak and break their shit, I may have phsically altered my device and rendered it completely unrecognizeable, that is to say it MAY have been run over by my vehicle....

I took it to my local dealer who then honored the Insurance and gave me a new device $ 125.00 and no questions asked. I have got what I deserved , and have learned my lesson. No novice alterations.

So, Oriax123, Titan, and the rest, hats off to you . You are a cut above, and freely give without any reward except a Thank you ( which is nice, but doesn't pay the rent)

The whole purpose of this long. dramatic story is to entertain and serve as warning to all the noobs like me...

DON'T MESS WITH YOUR PHONE . IT IS GREAT THE WAY IT IS. Let the Gods play as they will, they have understanding and knowledge. Copying what they do will not help you fix what you don't understand.

Thats it

Johnbowers2112
    (running STOCK 2.3.6. Huawei Mercury, and ok with it )

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

i wish u would have posted before replacing .. think it was still fixable

Sent from my CM7.2 Mercury

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Lol bro its all good I learned from my mistakes good thING you took it in cause it was bricked what you did was basically corrupted the kernel and when that happens unless you have the source code for the kernel your shot out of luck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

kernal is loaded upon boot! u dont need kernal to boot to pink screen! kernal is located in the boot.img! if the kernal was curuppted or deated in that matter it can be restored... like i posted may may times u can still get to pink screen to replace kernal! only thing to brick is partitions like u said!

post cant get into pinkscreen and only get black screen no matter what as if its dead! But if u take out battery and then only both vol and insert usb at the same time u can still get pink screen! like i posted before i deleated EVERY THING i can get my hands on including kernal and recovery! and got to pink screen with the way i did before!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I here what your sayin yes sometimes you can just straight scramble the phone hell that out the phone but I had a the crappy ass 2. 3. 5

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Nubcake, if you have a complete black screen when you turn it on chances are there is no download mode "pink screen". Thus cannot fix it by replacing/adding the files required to boot or by booting into recovery. Titan and I worked together a lot and we both bricked phones that show this sign, no fix so we went to get it replaced and said it was a defective device.

Sent from my cricket iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

lol, imma make a video for u guys of me with NOOOOOO boot at all!!! no slash logo will boot or anything! ill delate EVERY file from system files to data files to anything i can get my hands on... i even went as far as deleateing the ENTIRE download mode itself! meaning the boot.img (canting the slash screen and kernal) deleating this wont even boot ur phone with battery or without! also in the folder is recovery, so if there was a boot.img (which there wouldnt be) u still couldnt get into recovery! so doing this will look bricked! But its not! like i posted removing the battery and pressing both vol keys and putting in the usb will still boot download mode! u can try pressing power and everyting with battery in it will not do anything! will out battery!!! This is VERY simalir to the origonal psp! the pandera battery! so the only HARD brick will be HARDWARE related! so software will brick it UNLESS u used a software to break the hardware ex: OverClocking and such!

I have LOADS of black screen/ no screen at all boots in the past week! and im still no bricked =/

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Even if you deleted everything in download mode it doesn't give you a brick. Like my post above said its not talking about those files. Try deleting a partition and see what happens lol. Also the files in the "image" are also in another folder. Try putting it in download mode in ubuntu and see how many partitions there are. Each has it's on purpose.

Making a video of something we aren't talking about is pointless lol.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Also there are 2 ways on puttin the device in download mode, BOTH have the same result. We are saying not even without battery will it go into download mode.

You can't fix a phone you can't connect to.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

lol.... yea partioning is something im not goign to mess with! i just dont how ppl are bricking there devices O_o i can see partiontions bricking the phone =p should have listed that... i just dont see most ppl doing that stuff that are reporting problems =[

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Hummm, I have this picture in my head where Oriax123 and Titan are mad scientists operating on and torturing helpless little cell phones until they expire. Then at the moment of death they revive them with awesome powers they never had. Well, most of them anyway, lol.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Hummm, I have this picture in my head where Oriax123 and Titan are mad scientists operating on and torturing helpless little cell phones until they expire. Then at the moment of death they revive them with awesome powers they never had. Well, most of them anyway, lol.
    How did you know! You know too much! Lol shhh

Overall activity: 20.0%

Phone
    Mercury

Thanks again to both of you for all your hard work. You are appreciated.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury

first time i bricked my huawei mercury running 2.3.5, (screwing around with to many things i didnt know about lol) it would only boot to huawei splash screen and bootloop continously, any way long story short i went to cricket corporate store told them i woke up turned my phone on and it just started doing that got it replaced under manufacter warranty. i also tried all i could try at the time to fix it as well but this was when it first came out and no cwm (im not a noob when it comes to this but im nothing like you guys, oriax, titan, playful, isaac, nubecak,. btw i started on huawei ascend 1. hopefully one of these days i can widen my brain and help u guys develop

sorry for such a long off topic post

Thread Information