Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Replacement Mercury won't enter DL Mode/Pink screen

So I just picked up my replacement Mercury today at a corporate store and when I try to load into download mode, it sets into a firmware upgrade. Doesn't say what firmware version it's installing. Enters recovery mode with no issue, but the standard vol+/vol-/pow does nothing for DL mode. Do any of our esteemed dev's have any insight?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4

they must of upgraded really bad i think cricket doesnt want anybody rooting there phones. idk because i picked one up at a corp office not that long ago i would say last week. and i could get into pink screen.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I would really like to know if this is an isolated incident or not. They just called me and said I have 72 hours to pick up the phone, and I'm not really sure I want to upgrade it knowing that.

I am sure it's posted somewhere but does anyone know WHY they are recalling the mercury?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Bcz the mercury has hardware problems so Huawei and Cricket are recalling them to get them replaced with the newer model. Its wise to do so.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Bcz the mercury has hardware problems so Huawei and Cricket are recalling them to get them replaced with the newer model. Its wise to do so.
    but is it really worth it knowing we can't root or anything? the huawei boot unlocker on there site doesn't even have any devices on it. are there any other ways to do the boot unlocker on the phones?

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Well I understand that it is a hardware issue, but I was wondering what exact issue it is.

If it is simply because the 3g is shotty sometimes, I don't see that problem often with mine. But I do remember at one point with one of my many phone calls to the Cricket reps someone saying "a potential hardware problem that may occur later on." So if they do plan on upgrading to LTE or even if its just an occasional 3g issue, its probably worth replacing it.

I doubt Cricket/huawei would dump thousands of dollars on a phone recall if it was something insignificant. And I would hate to be without a phone later knowing I could have replaced this one

Alright, so I was able to play around with the phone a little bit and here's what I got. From the ICS ROM Install Tutorial, I installed the ICS 4.0.3 rom via Cricket PST. I was able to root ICS with no issue. DL mode was still unavailable with ICS. Afterward, I installed GB following the ICS downgrade to GB instructions. Again everything installed perfectly, FastRoot is a no-go without CWM. Download mode is still unavailable. Complete wipes on both installs. Still stuck here, any ideas?
    Last edited by vinnyjfface; 08-30-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Banned

YES I POSED THIS TWO DAYS AGO.. the pushed a new NOT LOCKED BUT SECURED VERIFICATION BOOT LOADER TO this phone. Acer done this and it was never un lockable until someone leaked a unlocked version of the boot loader.. But there was a patch to made within a custom recovery to allow it to install. and it would patch any rom being installed.. LOOK UP ITSMAGIC ON GOOGLE .. .. ITS MAGIC FOR ICONIA A500 ..
    I do not think its fair for a device not on a CONTRACT TO BE LOCKED ..

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by BMONEY View Post
    they must of upgraded really bad i think cricket doesnt want anybody rooting there phones. idk because i picked one up at a corp office not that long ago i would say last week. and i could get into pink screen.

I doubt that since Cricket allows you to bring your own device to them. If they didn't want hacked phones, they would force you to use a Cricket original handset just like most other carriers do if you wanted to activate or upgrade. So, Cricket locking out something or changing service based on the operating system of the phone is crazy. Cricket even changed their SPC policy on smartphones - ALL SPC are 000000 for smartphones. The old policy was a separate and distinct SPC for phones to prevent phone changes.

Please note, this does NOT apply to the actual manufacturer. Huawei may have determined it was "best" to change the bootloader or other features to ensure software integrity. I am speculating with these assumptions....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Banned

YES I TOTALLY AGREE WIth what short is saying .. Its likely huawei.. The reason behind this is that if they do not lock then on all devices they are less likely to be carried by the bigger Carriers who DEMAND THEY HAVE TOTAL CONTROL over the phone. And . No ability to Hack them.. But them not giving us source code makes me thing CRICKET IS INVOLVED.. so who really knows..All i do know is there was a new bootloader push and its a NON DISTRUCTIVE NO GOING BACK BOOT LOADER. This has been used by ACER ON our a500.. they did eventually crack the SBK... But it took the muscle of some awesome Programmers and nearly a year of constant work to do so ... the SBK method of securing a phone to prevent any unauthorized firmware or system changes to date is MOST SECURE .. ITS 256 K ENCRYPTION .With a near 5 mb key. . Im coming to the assumption that this is what has happened with our phones due to the issue with the person having even changing system font will cause a NO BOOT... and even rooted we can NOT UNINSTALL HUAWEI PUSHED APPS...
    they are inbeded into the secure boot partition where root cant change them....
    IN OTHER WORDS WAY OVER OUR HEADS .. WELL MINE ANYWAY ..

Overall activity: 7.0%

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    YES I POSED THIS TWO DAYS AGO.. the pushed a new NOT LOCKED BUT SECURED VERIFICATION BOOT LOADER TO this phone. Acer done this and it was never un lockable until someone leaked a unlocked version of the boot loader.. But there was a patch to made within a custom recovery to allow it to install. and it would patch any rom being installed.. LOOK UP ITSMAGIC ON GOOGLE .. .. ITS MAGIC FOR ICONIA A500 ..
    I do not think its fair for a device not on a CONTRACT TO BE LOCKED ..
    When you say "pushed " do you mean that it's in an update or the ics rom or do you mean pushed without any action on our part?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjfface View Post
    So I just picked up my replacement Mercury today at a corporate store and when I try to load into download mode, it sets into a firmware upgrade. Doesn't say what firmware version it's installing. Enters recovery mode with no issue, but the standard vol+/vol-/pow does nothing for DL mode. Do any of our esteemed dev's have any insight?
    try something simple first, like turnin OFF fastboot (its under settings)

It really had to be something that simple, right? That worked first try. Anyone who's eligible for the replacement, you can actually get in to download mode. Just do like Rites says and take off fast boot.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Smile

this was the first thing i noticed in the settings of the ICS update, and since htc wont let you do anything until you turn fastboot off, it was only common sense to do the same to the merc when toying with it

glad i was able to help
    Last edited by Rites; 08-30-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyjfface View Post
    It really had to be something that simple, right? That worked first try. Anyone who's eligible for the replacement, you can actually get in to download mode. Just do like Rites says and take off fast boot.
    Great news! Ill be replacing mine tomorrow.. now we just need to get cwm for ics right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information