Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Roms anyone?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Points: 804, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    woezoe21's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend RC1



    Roms anyone?

    I haven't seen any talk about Roms yet..I sure hope this doesn't mean the Mercury is in a casket already..I'm just saying.....

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Is this a joke or what?

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Points: 202, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Is this a joke or what?
    Is what a joke the post or the fact theres no roms?

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by DETERMINOLOGY View Post
    Is what a joke the post or the fact theres no roms?
    The OP.

    He should bake some Roms.

  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 839, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    64



    We have very little if any dev support: (

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Points: 202, Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury



    I agree cas and the phone is nice even tho its a huawei but they really out did them selfs with this one and i would like to see roms on here as well..

  8. #7
    Member
    Points: 678, Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    hightech316's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    wichita
    Posts
    40



    If someone can use a recovery tool ( clockwork mod, etc) to backup their OTA rom and send it my way, I should be able to port whatever the phone can handle.

  9. #8
    Member
    Points: 839, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    64



    Hightech you think you can pull the ics update from huwaeis website for the honor and attempt a port?

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    I have a friend over at unleashedprepaids.com with 2 ics Roms for the glory.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Member
    Points: 678, Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    hightech316's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    wichita
    Posts
    40



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    I have a friend over at unleashedprepaids.com with 2 ics Roms for the glory.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    I havent put together a ics Rom yet, lithid with the cm team has made a batch script to.automate the building proccess. That being said, I should be able to! I would need your help to test of.course . I can tell you already that the camera won't be functional. A lot of driver issues with almost all handsets are the issue.

    Can you post the glory links?

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
    I havent put together a ics Rom yet, lithid with the cm team has made a batch script to.automate the building proccess. That being said, I should be able to! I would need your help to test of.course . I can tell you already that the camera won't be functional. A lot of driver issues with almost all handsets are the issue.

    Can you post the glory links?
    Isn't the script for already supported devices ?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    Member
    Points: 678, Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    hightech316's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    wichita
    Posts
    40



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Isn't the script for already supported devices ?

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I will modify as needed. As long as the ICS supports the MSM8655T chipset, I could tweak the build.prop, egl, kernel and other modules the script generates.

    I'll let you guys know by the end of the day if its going to be possible. If not there is alwYs other asop roms and even HTC sense. And at the very least, if the kernel source is available we can start with a custom kernel.

    I could use a hand.


    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hightech316; 02-07-2012 at 10:06 AM.

  14. #13
    Member
    Points: 839, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    64



    Quote Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
    Yes, I will modify as needed. As long as the ICS supports the MSM8655T chipset, I could tweak the build.prop, egl, kernel and other modules the script generates.

    I'll let you guys know by the end of the day if its going to be possible. If not there is alwYs other asop roms and even HTC sense. And at the very least, if the kernel source is available we can start with a custom kernel.

    I could use a hand.


    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk


    I dont know if this will help. But here is the actual official update for the Honor for ICS. I would think it would be possible to use the drivers from this build to get everything working properly?


    Google Translate




    I also read this this build supports full 1080p video recording as well. That sure would be nice....


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post
    I dont know if this will help. But here is the actual official update for the Honor for ICS. I would think it would be possible to use the drivers from this build to get everything working properly?


    Google Translate




    I also read this this build supports full 1080p video recording as well. That sure would be nice....
    That doesn't mean our phone will support the 1080p quality.

    Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk


  16. #15
    Member
    Points: 839, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    64



    As far as hardware they ate virtually the same minus radio and front facing camera there should be no reason our device can not support 1080p

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner