Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Well genius boy did, so I guess we're idiots

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.

So why is Oriax123 saying not possible and you're using his method correct?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

who are u talking to? LOL . . . . it was JUST verifyed today that it can be done with a tablet with USB support! What exactly are u asking?

Not you, the guy who told me to stop crying. Are you using the Recovery method? Sorry, I just got back on here.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

recovery method is the only method!!! And mostly ALL new androids coming out only support recovery method TBO

What tablet and what android version did you use?

I'm way out of pocket right now, when I get back home I would probably have to buy a PC to root my tablet to root my phone. I'll go the damn PC route, I'll need it for my next phone and tablet later this month.

So Oriax123 is wrong? He seems to know his stuff with Crickets Androids?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    I just now checked..

on my acer a500 tablet .. (with a full usb port) i can access my android phones download mode see and change all files.. I changed the recovery back to stock . rebooted the phone into recovery (stock) connected back to tablet put cwm back on phone thru d/load mode . and rebooted into cwm recovery on my tablet.

SO STOP CRYING YOU DONT HAVE A COMPUTER.. I DO hope you bought a good tablet . you know one with a full useable usb and supports smb and cifs modules. i can also use a usb 3g 4g internet card in my tablet as well as see all network shares and connect it to my usb 2 tb external hard drive..

good luck now get ya phone rooted . change the recovery image then flash the root file in recovery .. its all on this forum...
    Huh thanks for the info erica the beautiful blonde geeky chick

The reason i said impossible is because most tablets dont support full usb support and is really expensive just to root a phone that is already going to be replaced by the new devices this fall.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cbc0201 View Post
    So Oriax123 is wrong? He seems to know his stuff with Crickets Androids?

Yes i was wrong, i dont have a tablet to test things out im afraid. If the tablet does in fact have full usb support than it is possible. But personally i wouldnt waste so much money just to root a device.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Thanks for the help and my tablet is a little old I'm afraid. I'll just buy a newer tablet. I can't go back to a PC. It's stupid but it is what it is..

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Cbc0201 View Post
    Thanks for the help and my tablet is a little old I'm afraid. I'll just buy a newer tablet. I can't go back to a PC. It's stupid but it is what it is..

Dont worry, if i could afford a tablet id be the same way lol

To root the merc without a computer, can't you just exchange the recovery.img using a terminal, and then flashing the update.zip? I don't know the code, but I read somewhere it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by drabes View Post
    To root the merc without a computer, can't you just exchange the recovery.img using a terminal, and then flashing the update.zip? I don't know the code, but I read somewhere it could be done.
    Yes, but you need root permissions to do that

Sent from my M886

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Mostly on Htc and few LG phones, haven't seen it done on Huawei models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

again my tablet is a acer a500 . It is running a Custom BOOT-LOADER AND CUSTOM ROM . IT HAS NEARLY ALL KERNEL MODULES COMPILED INTO THE KERNEL YOU COULD NEED. i read in a non xda forum someone has a cd rom working on it as well.. But with that said this tablet has full usb mass storage built in stock it will even read ntfs partitions and network share with the 3.21 honeycomb and up os..
    Mine is running the very latest 4.xx os Near stock rooted with a Custom Kernel..
    You can get this tablet on ebay now for around 250.00 to 300.00. I Bought mine in april last year pre order from best buy. I paid 449.00 . and to me at that price its a awesome device..

NOW I WANT THE A700 TEGRA 3 QUAD CORE VERSION OF MY TABLET . i will sell you mine for 250.00 EXCELLENT CONDITION. Has had skinomi screen protector on it since day one .IT has two very nice leather cases one black one Red. only issue is you have to wait until they ship my Pre ordered a700 android tablet wich will be in the next week or so from what i am hearing.. I do not really know why im upgrading because the a500 is awesome and fast .It can almost replace my laptop.I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse . NOT SEELING . BUT WITH IT AND Polaris office you can do some very powerful things.
    Sorry did not mean to make this into a selling add . it was to inform you this tablet can be bought for 250.00 range . In my book its the best tegra 2 device made ..
    read the iconia community threads on xda. huge support and development.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

ohh one more thing .. my phone will see my tablet going from usb mini on the phone to full usb port on the tablet . This tells me that any 2.xx tablet with the same or close kernel should work.. android is just linux with the android shell running on top of it.. just get a good terminal program for the tablet and you should be able to access the phone on a older tablet with the same or better version kernel as phone . Download mode on the phone turns the phone into a usb storage device such as usb sd card reader...

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

ohh one more thing .. my phone will see my tablet going from usb mini on the phone to full usb port on the tablet . This tells me that any 2.xx tablet with the same or close kernel should work.. android is just linux with the android shell running on top of it.. just get a good terminal program for the tablet and you should be able to access the phone on a older tablet with the same or better version kernel as phone . Download mode on the phone turns the phone into a usb storage device such as usb sd card reader...

Oriax123 you should have a donate link for all your support / help you do for free. Then you could afford a Tablet.

Also, do you have any idea when the new ZTE OR HUAWEI phones with ICS are being released? Can't wait until August, which is the latest info I'm getting now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information