Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Screen has stopped responding

So, upon a standard reboot today, my phone decided it no longer liked my loving touch. I've flashed backups, various roms, and done a fix permissions run about 30 times to no avail. Everything else seems to be working fine, phone boots up no problem, just no response from the touch screen, either when fully booted or in recovery. I used the quick reboot app which does of course use super user rights to control boot options, and its something I've used a hundred times, but I can't help feel it might be what did this. After a series of in-recovery dalvik wipes and permission fixes as well as a factory reset, i did get touch screen response in recovery, but as soon as i booted it, no go, and now i can no longer even get that far. When in download mode (pink screen) I can hook up to ubuntu and within one of these partitions is the cust. folder. All files within it (media, nv, prop, xml, and wallpaper) report that the link is broken and the file does not exist. No idea if this would affect touchscreen, but it does seem odd to me. If anyone could copy that folder and shoot me a link, as well as provide any other possible fix i would greatly appriciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend Q

Don't feel bad, Im on Merc #3 of which all three have had bad screens. I may have to end up going with that horribly slow new Q

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

i dont think all that is going to work. i think you need a new mercury or buy the inner screen part from the mercury.

Well, you're right about the files i was asking for not being the problem. They aren't broken as a realized while digging through some cwm backups. I'm convinced it's a software issue because i can get the touch screen soft buttons to work within clockwork recovery if i format everything, wipe dalvik and fix permissions. Thing is, as soon as i flash the rom back (even just the system portion) once it boots touch screen is a no go yet again. Weirdest thing I've ever dealt with on an android.

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    Well, you're right about the files i was asking for not being the problem. They aren't broken as a realized while digging through some cwm backups. I'm convinced it's a software issue because i can get the touch screen soft buttons to work within clockwork recovery if i format everything, wipe dalvik and fix permissions. Thing is, as soon as i flash the rom back (even just the system portion) once it boots touch screen is a no go yet again. Weirdest thing I've ever dealt with on an android.
    Well at least cricket is getting better phones like the HTC One V. Even though that isn't too much of an improvement.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Hmm the HTC One should have alot of roms, it has way more dev support than the Mercury but id say hold out until we get this source code

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    Hmm the HTC One should have alot of roms, it has way more dev support than the Mercury but id say hold out until we get this source code
    Plus its clocked @ 1ghz and only a 3.7inch screen :-/

Yeah I'm super unimpressed with the one v specs. Pretty sure if we get Merc source code then the dev'ing on it will blow away anything the one v can provide for us.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Yeah I'm super unimpressed with the one v specs. Pretty sure if we get Merc source code then the dev'ing on it will blow away anything the one v can provide for us.
    We can only hope for that day to come...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

FIXED!!! Just happy to report that i finally fixed the issue (though i only have a slightly better idea of what caused it). After discussing a warranty that cricket wouldn't honor (don't blame them, phone is 8 months old) I decided that if I were gonna have to do $125 insurance claim i might as well throw caution to the wind with the Merc. Hooked it up to ubuntu and formated everything except partition with recover. Different than cwm format of partitions. I then flashed one of my backups and viola! Phone boots, touch screen works and all is well. For those of you out there with the means to do it, keep this trick in mind if you think you've hit a dead end and can find absolutely no info on your issue.

Phone
    Mercury M886

FIXED!!! Just happy to report that i finally fixed the issue (though i only have a slightly better idea of what caused it). After discussing a warranty that cricket wouldn't honor (don't blame them, phone is 8 months old) I decided that if I were gonna have to do $125 insurance claim i might as well throw caution to the wind with the Merc. Hooked it up to ubuntu and formated everything except partition with recover. Different than cwm format of partitions. I then flashed one of my backups and viola! Phone boots, touch screen works and all is well. For those of you out there with the means to do it, keep this trick in mind if you think you've hit a dead end and can find absolutely no info on your issue.
    Congrats bro :beer:

Thread Information