Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Shutting Off

Overall activity: 59.0%

Shutting Off

Has anyone else experience there phone shutting down then booting right back up. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Help me!

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

If i had "conflicting" apks like three battery savers installed then that has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    If i had "conflicting" apks like three battery savers installed then that has happened.
    What did you do? I don't have that apk. Any other suggestions.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Buy a new phone, or flash a Verizon or Sprint phone thats not a complete piece of crap, and dont buy into the "apps" that save battery or manage memory or tasks I have never had positive results from any of these, if it was a general (Android overall) issue of battery and storage/memory consumption I am sure it would be addressed in a OS update or by manufacturer. Plus this is why some ROMs and Tweaks are not used by manufacturer as they have their consequences. Id say back up contacts factory reset and monitor what you install to see if something in particular causes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Buy a new phone, or flash a Verizon or Sprint phone thats not a complete piece of crap, and dont buy into the "apps" that save battery or manage memory or tasks I have never had positive results from any of these, if it was a general (Android overall) issue of battery and storage/memory consumption I am sure it would be addressed in a OS update or by manufacturer. Plus this is why some ROMs and Tweaks are not used by manufacturer as they have their consequences. Id say back up contacts factory reset and monitor what you install to see if something in particular causes the issue.
    If it was that easy to buy another phone I would but right now that's not possible. I appreciate your feedback but anyone else could it be my rom.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

What ROM are you running?

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

It could be your ROM. From my experience everything was fine on my merc until the latest update was available. After that, my Revokster ROM would randomly crash, lag and/or random reboot. That was only occurring however if I was booting into and intensive game or app that required alot of hardware resources to go into play at once tho. Like stated above it could be any type of management type of app or it could indeed just be a faulty hardware issue. if it is hardware related you can file an insurance clain thru cricket and get a new one issued for a 20 dollar switch charge but that's the max amount to be spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sinister View Post
    It could be your ROM. From my experience everything was fine on my merc until the latest update was available. After that, my Revokster ROM would randomly crash, lag and/or random reboot. That was only occurring however if I was booting into and intensive game or app that required alot of hardware resources to go into play at once tho. Like stated above it could be any type of management type of app or it could indeed just be a faulty hardware issue. if it is hardware related you can file an insurance clain thru cricket and get a new one issued for a 20 dollar switch charge but that's the max amount to be spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    What ROM are you running?

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2
    Oriax I was in the middle of a call and it did that. Not sure what app am running that's doing it.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

If you have everything original (no root, no recovery, didn't change ROM's, etc.) then you should be able to update to the latest ROM from Cricket using the Online Upgrade.

The latest ROM seems to take care of the random reboots (I have only had one in the last 2-3 weeks) since getting the latest update on my phone).

Thread Information