Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Question SNS Notification; What is it? How can I stop it?

Lately my phone will make a notification sound indicating I have a txt/email/voicemail but when I check the notifications menu there is something that says "New SNS notifications, click here to see". I click on it and it just takes me to messaging (none are new) or just to my last screen I was on... WTF? It's a little annoying. Can I stop these?

Also, my mercury ALWAYS says i have voicemail. I do not have ANY messages new,saved, or otherwise. How can I get rid of the icon in the upper left? I have called VM several times hoping if would clear itself after hearing "no new messages"....no dice.Thanks for any help/insight-Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sns.jpg  

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I got that sns notification also but only after I used the built in facebook thingy. Did you use the built in facebook or twitter app?

I do not have the huawei social club logged in but I do have a facebook app logged in. I'll try staying logged out of facebook and see if that stops it. Thanks!

Now to delete the voicemail icon.....

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Nevermind, looks like social club WAS active! So I'm guessing you were right on the money

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I was curious about this too. I have the Social app frozen in Titanium but I still get the notifications about 20 minutes or so after I get a FB notice, so how do I stop it? Is there another app I need to freeze/delete?

I was having this problem to, but I figured it out. You need to go to your Facebook page, and choose account settings. From your account settings page choose Notifications. There should be a list of All Notifications. Look for one labeled "Other Applications" to the right of the label choose the edit option. I personally use Launcher Pro, so in my applications list I found Launcher Pro and unchecked the box. Then I looked for Social Club and removed it from my applications list. I went to my main page and sent myself a message and voila no more SNS Notification.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by thcmagus View Post
    I was having this problem to, but I figured it out. You need to go to your Facebook page, and choose account settings. From your account settings page choose Notifications. There should be a list of All Notifications. Look for one labeled "Other Applications" to the right of the label choose the edit option. I personally use Launcher Pro, so in my applications list I found Launcher Pro and unchecked the box. Then I looked for Social Club and removed it from my applications list. I went to my main page and sent myself a message and voila no more SNS Notification.

I CAN Confirm this does work. I did the same thing as well as with TI BACKUP I FROZE THE sns service and facebook . then i installed the REAL FACEBOOK APP..

if you look closely at the facebook app icons .. the one you want to remove or freeze the little bar at the buttom of the app will be smaller on the SNS (FAKE ONE). i ALSO OPEN the reg facebook and SHUT OFF ALL NOTIFICATIONS. that sns totally screwed up my contacts as well. it pulled contacts in from everywhere.. GRRRR.

why cant these people just sell us a PHONE THAT IS SIMPLE ANDROID . AND let us decide what apps we want an how we want them to interact with others.. THIS IS A HUGE ISSUE WITH MANUFACTURES MESSING WITH ANDROID..

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

i have the sns issue also

right now i cant use my twitter stream i can't refresh my timeline or anything it just always says process com.huawei.sns has stopped unexpectedly
    Last edited by Lapce; 05-13-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Banned

root your device if you have not yet install ti backup
    Go to google market and uninstall any facebook or twitter app you have installed. .Then go in into Ti backup and freeze the sns app and facebook app as well as any other social network apps. Once done go back to market and install facebook app twitter app if you like.
    YOU WILL BE ALL TO NORMAL Android social networking WHERE YOU ARE IN CONTROL not the huawei apps . The facebook app built into the phone is NOT FROM FACEBOOK . its a part of huawei sns . pure trash .

I am having the same issue..I can not get rid of the voice mail icon. Doesn't hurt anything, but it is really annoying. So please. It is just the voice mail icon.

Overall activity: 3.0%

you can also remove the sns thing with root explorer look for the apk that has sns in it. stock gb only not in ics

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Fuller-Gabbard View Post
    I am having the same issue..I can not get rid of the voice mail icon. Doesn't hurt anything, but it is really annoying. So please. It is just the voice mail icon.
    Call your own voicemail from another phone. Leave message. View message. Delete. Hang up with pound ( # ) . Whaalaaa

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Thread Information