Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

SOFTWARE Annoyances, Bugs & Other Issues

There's always something that doesn't work quite like it should or like you want it to....

Post your issue and solution if you have one.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

SMART KEYBOARD PRO:

Installed v4.06 and it just doesn't show up automatically after choosing it as the input method. Uninstalling swype and using Google gave a new key in stock keyboard that allowed to change input method to Smart Keyboard Pro, which I prefer mainly for the MIC key showing up more often.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

WIDGETS WON'T STICK AFTER REBOOT:

Never could nail down what causes this, but often my widgets will fail to load after a reboot as if they were installed to an SD Card. Seems random and tried many different variations but anything more than 4 widgets seems to cause it using LauncherPro.
    Might be a setting, don't know, thought I's put it up in case someone else runs across it.
    Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 12-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    There's always something that doesn't work quite like it should or like you want it to....

Post your issue and solution if you have one.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

SMART KEYBOARD PRO:

Installed v4.06 and it just doesn't show up. Had it working at one point after uninstalling swype and something triggered asking for input method, have since done a factory reset and can't get it back.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

WIDGETS WON'T STICK AFTER REBOOT:

Never could nail down what caused this, but I installed Regina, LauncherPro and SPB. Reboot, all widgets were gone as if installed to SD Card. Did a factory restore, erased internal memory and used AllBackup that shipped with phone to restore everything and issue was still there. Did another Factory reset and manually installed and setup and no problem so far. Might be a setting, don't know, thought I's put it up in case someone else runs across it.
    These both seem like app-related issues. I would contact Smart Keyboard Pro about their software, it's most likely not compatible with this phone. (It is very new, you might run into this a few times.)

The widgets not working after the reboot was most likely because you installed LauncherPro. Expect issues when using a homescreen replacement.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Lol. What a remarkable ability to state the obvious. Just kidding, but that is sort of the point of the thread.

I really don't like the stock launcher, the app drawer is hard to distinguish different apps because of the random colors and arrangement used, even other themes don't seem to change that "feature". Also I'm using Live wallpapers where before it was pointless to even try.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Lol. What a remarkable ability to state the obvious. Just kidding, but that is sort of the point of the thread.

I really don't like the stock launcher, the app drawer is hard to distinguish different apps because of the random colors and arrangement used, even other themes don't seem to change that "feature". Also I'm using Live wallpapers where before it was pointless to even try.
    When I finally decide to pull one out of inventory and put it on my account, the first thing I will load is Go Launcher EX. The stock launcher sucks IMO. Next will be Swiftkey X.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Wifi issues?

Is anyone else having Wifi connection issues. When I unlock my phone it won't remember what wifi was my default and always asks me to manually start the connection. Have to go into settings and enable it manually. My old phone was the Optimus C and it didn't have any connection problems like this. Any suggestions?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Sorry, I thought this was to report issues with the actual phone its self, not specific apps. But yeah whatever.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

ALL BACKUP:

Stock Backup app, not bad, but not as good as Titanium for catching and restoring ALL settings on various apps and system settings. Plus is it's easier to use and does get most of it right.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

VPN: Works well (tested with HMA Pro PPTP) but times out after a while and doesn't remember PW. very annoying.

Market had VPN 1 which does what it says and has a keep alive feature as well.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by woodgtrplyr View Post
    Is anyone else having Wifi connection issues. When I unlock my phone it won't remember what wifi was my default and always asks me to manually start the connection. Have to go into settings and enable it manually. My old phone was the Optimus C and it didn't have any connection problems like this. Any suggestions?
    I notice mine reverts to 3G after the the screen times out for more than 15 or so minutes. Old phone never did that so not sure what's up. I had some issues with a couple of things and did a factory reset which fortunately seemed to fix everything. Stock backup app does a decent job of saving you some time if you do go that route.

Might try under developer - keep awake while charging, that keeps my wifi constant.
    Last edited by Cunning Linguist; 12-26-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Bluetooth Volume

Maybe more of a hardware issue, but volume for my Jawbone Prime would constantly reset itself to LOW after every call.

PROBLEM: Low volume after calls

SOLUTION: Make a call, during that call, press the volume up to Max or whatever you want it at and then hang up. It should remember the new volume setting afterwards.

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I have noticed an excess amount of time without signal (as much as 70% in areas that have decent signal). Anybody else notice this? Despite this, by battery still lasts longer than my Zio's.

Overall activity: 3.0%

I get a hiss through the audio jack that is prevalent through pandora and through the built in music player playing local mp3s. When I turn off extras like wifi and gps the annoying hiss is greatly lessened but it still seems to come and go. When you pause music the hiss continues for a second before stopping, making it very obvious. You can also hear the hiss while music is playing if the music gets quiet (really noticeable in stuff like classical, not at all in pop/rock)

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicbs View Post
    I get a hiss through the audio jack that is prevalent through pandora and through the built in music player playing local mp3s.
    I haven't noticed it (thankfully). I mostly use PlayerPro and Doggcatcher though. Do Mp3s sound the same through other players? Could it be the headphones? I've only tested it with crappy mono earpiece or running it through the car speakers with a straight cable.

Overall activity: 3.0%

I don't get the hiss at all on my 20 dollar sansa clip+ and gradosr80i's and 264k mp3s (not even with lower bitrate ones)

The hiss seems to come and go in intensity but is always somewhat there and sounds something like a hard drive seeking. It is much lessened when playing local mp3s but I can still notice it when it is particularly bad.

Could it be defective? Something wasn't shielded right? I have a dead pixel too, I wonder if I should try and exchange it for a new one?

edit: it is usually very faint, most wont notice till they look for it, but it's there all the same, if it is just a fact of the unit I can live with it for now. Eventually I'm hoping to buy something like a fiio e7-17 when one is capable of digital line out through android usb. (e17 was originally supposed to be able to do it but fiio claims the parts take too much power and had to pull the feature but they are still interested in eventually making one)
    Last edited by Chronicbs; 12-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

No hiss here that I can tell. picked up some cheap Bluetooth headphones off Amazon for $25 and even they sound good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information