Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Verified Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Right now I am cussing the signed boot/recovery.imgs on the ics update....

But have a idea or 2 to try out.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Do it up my brutha! Release it when you're happy!

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Just a little bump to see what's been found, from anyone. Source code, new roms, etc?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Ok, so i am reading that all of Mercs boot features are boot images, apparently making this os quite the pita.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Ok, so i am reading that all of Mercs boot features are boot images, apparently making this os quite the pita.

kinda starting to sound like the bootloader of most HTCs.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    kinda starting to sound like the bootloader of most HTCs.
    Right?!?!

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

this helps make devices disposable.. eventually the rom software will be loaded as a read only not upgrade-able or indestructible memory.
    if there needs to be a update for a software issue you will be replacing the device. the cost of a cell phone is in there software design not the parts inside. a 300.00 phone probably cost 25.00 to actually build.. if even that.

this is slightly off topic but its how tech will be in near future. so when we buy a device it is what is it now. not what we think it can be later .

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    this helps make devices disposable.. eventually the rom software will be loaded as a read only not upgrade-able or indestructible memory.
    if there needs to be a update for a software issue you will be replacing the device. the cost of a cell phone is in there software design not the parts inside. a 300.00 phone probably cost 25.00 to actually build.. if even that.

this is slightly off topic but its how tech will be in near future. so when we buy a device it is what is it now. not what we think it can be later .
    Which goes to solidify what i said a month ago in another thread......"there its money to be made. Huawei will not release the source kernel until the next big thing is released, and only once they have made back their r&d costs. Then, and only then, will the source code be released. It is nothing more than businesses as usual." thank you for your clarification Erica.

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post

It costs apple 167$ to make an iPhone 5

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Has anyone tried to compile Cyanogen from source yet??

Customer Since
    Jan 2001
    Phone
    MB886 & M886

Called HUAWEI @ 888-548-2934

They don't know anything about ICS kernel/source code
    I've told them I have an ICS rom, and I want it for educational purposes only.
    Told me I have to go to a cricKet corp. store and ask them about it, then in they say no, I can call HUAWEI from the store and have them talk to cricKet sales rep and give them my ticket number < I think

I did tell them I do have GB kernel/source code but I want ICS kernel/source code

They will call me when they have info on ICS kernel and news about Ascend D

I would be happy with just a Ramped up Cm7 rom (Ics themed gingerbread rom). I like to stream my audio through my head unit on my car and it seems ICS is having major problems with its ID3 tags streaming over Bluetooth. I would LOVE to see a Ics themed gingerbread rom that will stream my audio tags over Bluetooth all the junk apps removed with beats audio.. that would be saweet. I love my Merc and I've seen ICS its not all that. Heck right now I'm using launcher pro with a ics theme and screen saver and the only difference is the settings screen and facial recognition. Someone could just theme up a gingerbread rom where I wouldn't have to use a separate launcher and Man i would be stoked!! My main thing is getting a Rom that's cleaned up with maybe a muve music apk option for users who like it I personally don't. Ics theme based with the Ics live wallpaper and settings, and a that supports pushing Id3 tags over Bluetooth Bam that would be awesome! Come on PlayfulGod be the first to release a awesome rom your roms are the only ones ive ever used on any of my devices..
    =)

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Why is everyone blaming Huawei for this when this same phone has ICS, or even JB in every other part of the world?. The code to unlock the bootloader has been released for the other versions. What does that tell you? What is different in this equation? BLAME CRICKET NOT HUAWEI. Most other countries use unlocked GSM phones, and Huawei updates them. To update a phone locked to Cricket, Cricket has to pay them to build it with all of the Cricket Crap on there. Obviously Cricket would rather sell you another phone than come out of pocket to pay for an update. Not saying Huawei is a great company, but put the blame where it belongs. With Cricket.

Why is everyone blaming Huawei for this when this same phone has ICS, or even JB in every other part of the world?. The code to unlock the bootloader has been released for the other versions. What does that tell you? What is different in this equation? BLAME CRICKET NOT HUAWEI. Most other countries use unlocked GSM phones, and Huawei updates them. To update a phone locked to Cricket, Cricket has to pay them to build it with all of the Cricket Crap on there. Obviously Cricket would rather sell you another phone than come out of pocket to pay for an update. Not saying Huawei is a great company, but put the blame where it belongs. With Cricket.
    Its is the law for huawei to release the codes and kernels and all. Cricket can't do anything about it. We don't really care much for an update. Just the stuff we need to make a REAL ICS/jb rom.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Obviously, by now, we know the answer: no.it will not happen, nor does it matter anymore. I am in process of breaking a nexus s, instead of working with this merc. Merc is dead and long gone....although mine still runs just as well as I remember. Funny.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information