Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

Yeaaa if the Samsung Indulge had the Mercury specs and camera,i would be in love lol

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    true that!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

mmm.....would love an ascendp1 or quad-d. those two sound tasty!

I had the dumbest notion in my mind that those would come to cricket one day lol. Yea, I wish....

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TrillBill_Vol1 View Post
    I had the dumbest notion in my mind that those would come to cricket one day lol. Yea, I wish....

if a person can get their hands on either, is it possible to flash to use for cricket, or whatever the proper term is?

James

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Nah because they're not cdma I don't think.

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Correct @ Trill

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

3 days out from me receiving the Merc...then its overnight to PG

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Yay @ Sportwin

Overall activity: 83.0%

ICS ROM?

I found this on XDA developers saying that it has a 4.X ROM. I dont know if its true though.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552038

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

that is the Honor thread. there is a source and full rom available on the huawei web site. ITS GSM PHONE

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    source code.. THE RAW BINARY DATA USED TO COMPILE.
    This is device and os dependant . The script files used by and for Ant and other compilers to create the os file system (kernel in this case) these are not USER FRIENDLY FILES But dev scripts so to speak.
    ROM... this is a pre compiled OS USER INTERFACE. the directory structure folders and files contained in the user files (output of compiler
    Kernel.. This is the underline logic the actually chips on the device talk to for instruction on how to run and manage the os
    a kernel is also a pre compiled piece of software and binary combination. The under the hood part of the operating system.
    i will also add a rom can and useally contains a kernel and a user interface. Often a non stock aokp kernel and aosp user interface.

ANDROID IS A USER INTERFACE .. (WHAT YOU SEE AND TOUCH )
    KERNEL IS UNDER THE HOOD (CORE FUNCTION OF LINUX)
    so reading thru all of the above will we continue to get these totally outright lost post.. please go to
    developer.android.com. and read the whole site otherwise stop acting like you know and understand android. Being able to change your roms settings add a app or two and back it up. then post it as a rom is not development. Thou we are all glad you guys put effort into doing this and this is a good place to start . expand your mind and get a dev enviroment set up start with eclipse and the hello world demo. thanks for listening to me rant again over lack of knowledge ..
    sorry mods im just fed up its this or leave the forum. and thats not happening..
    lol....omg. really? why so pessimistic? you are the "geeky blonde chick who's never wrong." right? why do you constantly try to slash anyone who asks a question? don't get me wrong. from everything you have posted, you know what you're talking about. period. however, speaking for probably 95%-or more-of the population on this website, you do nothing but bad-mouth and slander anyone who has a "beginner" question. not even "novice," beginners! will you for once, be nice, leave them alone and just help them? it's not hard to be nice, but you do actually have to try a little tiny bit. i am not trying to start a fight, but, i have seen you type that you are "fed up with it" on-i kid you not- like 15 or 20 different threads! if you are so god damn good, why haven't YOU released anything?! PlayfulGod, Isaacj87, and Salas-just to name a few have. why not you? you are the geeky blonde chick who is never wrong....just ask. well? where's your ROM, where's your DEV "stuff" where's your intellect-that we can all see and decide upon? again, i am not trying to start a fight, but you are probably the most condescending, arrogant, egotistical and pessimistic person i have EVER come across on the internet! in forums or chat rooms or even in im's, hands down!!! it seems to me that you either hate people in general, or just men! i just, for the life of me cannot figure out why..........has anybody here done anything to you personally? i don't think so. that being said, whatever somebody in your "real life" has done to you should NOT dictate how you act and respond to peoples' inquiries!
    this is just my thought. please, for the love of god, lighten up on people that are not as "android savvy" as you are. please.

James

Overall activity: 83.0%

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    that is the Honor thread. there is a source and full rom available on the huawei web site. ITS GSM PHONE
    I get confused with the HONOR and Whatever other name the Mercury has.... Bt I get it now, I wont repeat the same mistake, I have read enough to know that GSM and CDMA dnt combine.... but thank you anyways...

3 days out from me receiving the Merc...then its overnight to PG
    Can't wait for this. Thank you very much for Yur help sportwin.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    I get confused with the HONOR and Whatever other name the Mercury has.... Bt I get it now, I wont repeat the same mistake, I have read enough to know that GSM and CDMA dnt combine.... but thank you anyways...

Can't wait for this. Thank you very much for Yur help sportwin.
    No problem my man.....i am actually considering send his happy a$$ a P1, just for sake of seeing if he can crack a true ICS for us....my only question at this point is: what is the better idea? a merc, or a P1???? PG? what's your take? PlayfulGod only please!!!

No problem my man.....i am actually considering send his happy a$$ a P1, just for sake of seeing if he can crack a true ICS for us....my only question at this point is: what is the better idea? a merc, or a P1???? PG? what's your take? PlayfulGod only please!!!
    I'm not pg I know so don't get mad. The P1 is definitely the one. But its GSM only.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Never mad at you Salas, frustrated sometimes, yes, because of your short informationless answers, but never mad. And to expand...what i was thinking was: if 4.x is supposed to be "universally compatible"with anything 2.3.x, then it would stand to reason that, with the right configuration....and patience (with some interpreting of course) that someone could, in theory, make it work.....am I totally off base?

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Sorry if i come across rude to you sportwin.. the bottom line is Would you rather people continue to misunderstand what is going on or be told they are wrong. Be allowed to continue there current flawed thinking or Be told how and where to get the correct information. I know most all of the people on this forum are much younger then me. Most the age of my son. AND ARE Much more intelligence then anyone my age when it comes to technology.What do do lack with tech stuff is Learning structure. I learned about android coming from Linux .And from reading the android Developer website.. If some of the younger guys on here that have this gift and interest just go there and start reading they WILL BE SOME OF THE GREATEST SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS IN THE FUTURE..
    Keep up the good work all... As far as my tag line ITS A JOKE ..Please if you cant see the humor in it then well go back to writing some code..

Thanks for hearing my two cents on subject..
    now as far as using gingerbread parts to port a rom for this phone.. I would not recommend it . THEY ware always buggier and unstable at best.. We did this from Honeycomb to ICS. and things just did not work correctly. I have tried everything posiable to get data working on ics for our phone WITH The help from one of the most known developers on xda that is a google employed DEVELOPER .. Its just hard and hit and miss from what i understand(i have poor knowledge on radio as i said before) He says this is why google says THEY WILL NOT SUPPORT CDMA . BUT DO Provide the tools for Vendors to add to there devices..

I do not try to force lost hopes . Just tell it real as best i know it ..

now give us a GROUP HUG And get back to work .. giggles

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information