Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hug back at ya. I agree with you, don't get me wrong. It just seems that some folks here and elsewhere come across as snooty when answering questions is all. I am all for correct information, just, maybe a tad less 'tude is all :-). That being said, do you think its worth the time to send PG the mercury I'm still waiting to receive?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

To be totally honest.. I think if we had necessary resources he could get something great.. But with the merc huawei has messed with the android os so badly im not sure anyone can do much.This is why huawei will not release there source code same with google never releasing honeycomb. Its just my opinion that if im not mistaken he had the phone at one time and did not get any further then we are now. But if you have a phone to send him Go for it .. just be aware your likely to get it back bricked . this is a very easily bricked device.
    I have my mercury back kinda close to stock and will leave it there. When its time to replace it ..1 more year i will get a NEXUS PHONE .UNLOCKABLE AND STOCK ANDROID EXPERIENCE. the big companies are putting alot of pressure on cricket with new pre paid lower unlimited/ near unlimited accounts.. t mobile is now cheaper then cricket. at 50.00 .. but lower data before they throttle you . there throttled rate is still much higher then crickets full speed .

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I was afraid of that. it sounds like it is not going to amount to much if i send him the phone. That being said, do you have an alternative idea that would hello us out? I was just in a cricket subsidiary store that claims he can flash a true ICS to the mercury, but was so god damned elusive about how he goes about it,i want to scream
    bullshivick!!! But, the guy its Chinese and he's a friend of one of my closest friends! Oh gammit! This has my mind reeling!

Banned

let him flash it. if he guarantee it will be fully working.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

No guarantee. Of course, you already knew that. In this realm there is never a guarantee, just hope. I just wonder now, if this is even worth me time...who gives a damn about the money. That comes and goes. But the time, that's where i have any issues!!! :-*

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Huawei replied to me on FB two days ago and said the ICS demo for Merc M886 and the kernel code would both be released in Q3 (this quarter). Is that good news for us as far as a fully functioning ICS for our phones?

Banned

thanks thats awesome news i think..
    The calendar year can be divided into 4 quarters, often abbreviated Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4:

• First quarter: from the beginning of January to the end of March
    • Second quarter: from the beginning of April to the end of June
    • Third quarter: from the beginning of July to the end of September
    • Fourth quarter: from the beginning of October to the end of December

Just for those who may be confused by this ..

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I want jelly BEAN .. Im so hooked on my nexus tablet..

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

That's actually great or better news lol

Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

Great erica & gio! Thanks. Glad I'm helping lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Never mad at you Salas, frustrated sometimes, yes, because of your short informationless answers, but never mad. And to expand...what i was thinking was: if 4.x is supposed to be "universally compatible"with anything 2.3.x, then it would stand to reason that, with the right configuration....and patience (with some interpreting of course) that someone could, in theory, make it work.....am I totally off base?

Yeah I do that on purpose. I like just giving a straight answer. Like can I xxxx my xxxxx phone?.
    I like to reply, "no" if you can't. If "yes" 50/50 I will give info on how or where to find how to do it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

Tbh my s3 has stock ICS and after a while I can't really tell much difference since touchwiz ui is green like GB -__- ... its faster yes but I have a dual core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor and 2gigabytes of RAM which is 1less than my (sisters) computer. So I can't really tell the difference between ICS and GB. If both where bone Google aosp stock AND same hardware than yes. And jellybean isn't all that either. If ICS is barely compatible with most apps jellybean is probably worse. And today FLASH is going bye bye. (Even though it does work on jellybean

Overall activity: 83.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post
    I get confused with the HONOR and Whatever other name the Mercury has.... Bt I get it now, I wont repeat the same mistake, I have read enough to know that GSM and CDMA dnt combine.... but thank you anyways...

Can't wait for this. Thank you very much for Yur help sportwin.
    No problem my man.....i am actually considering send his happy a$$ a P1, just for sake of seeing if he can crack a true ICS for us....my only question at this point is: what is the better idea? a merc, or a P1???? PG? what's your take? PlayfulGod only please!!!
    Doesn't Huawei need to release the source code or the kernel in order for an actually true ICS? or at least that's what I have been reading. And I know that I'm nt PG either Bt a lot of people already have the M886, I think they would be disappointed. Bt that's only my opinion.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yeah, I'm going to try two things. I have learned that some cricket stores do, in fact, have the ics update already.of course they would get it before any of us....there is money to be made. seems people with the right connections already have had it since the end of Q2. The dealer i saw yesterday has family that works at Huawei, so this makes some sense, especially when you take into account that he charges people 100$ and you lose your phone for two days. What he said he does is ports in ics from the M8860, as told to do so from his family...but it is supposedly a fully translated into English version that he worked on for a month or so which,i guess, is why he charges. for me it's 50$, 'cause one of my best friends is one of his best friends. So I wonder, and this is totally up for debate here: 1-get the Merc(hopefully in the next couple days) and seems it to pg in stock form. 2-get Merc, bring to get ics ported, then either send to pg, or upload all possible info on the phone, including screenshots? Again, this is now put up here for debate. Please keep in mind pg will only be able to tinker "here and there," so it is unknown how quickly we would get anything done. My though, personally, is since we are already half-easy through Q3....Huawei may release ics before pg, or anyone else for that matter, is able to crack the kernel. one more thought: just by sheer coincidence of the last couple days, i now have to wonder exactly what did that savagehax dude really have? If it was anything, my thought is that it's what this dealer has-a ported and translated version of ics-presumably for purchase for, you guessed it, 50-100$. Interesting to me that he's trying to pawn it off for the same price. Btw, no, these two people are not the same guy in case you were thinking that too. Food for thought here folks. Please debate away on this. It's my pleasure!

Yeah, I'm going to try two things. I have learned that some cricket stores do, in fact, have the ics update already.of course they would get it before any of us....there is money to be made. seems people with the right connections already have had it since the end of Q2. The dealer i saw yesterday has family that works at Huawei, so this makes some sense, especially when you take into account that he charges people 100$ and you lose your phone for two days. What he said he does is ports in ics from the M8860, as told to do so from his family...but it is supposedly a fully translated into English version that he worked on for a month or so which,i guess, is why he charges. for me it's 50$, 'cause one of my best friends is one of his best friends. So I wonder, and this is totally up for debate here: 1-get the Merc(hopefully in the next couple days) and seems it to pg in stock form. 2-get Merc, bring to get ics ported, then either send to pg, or upload all possible info on the phone, including screenshots? Again, this is now put up here for debate. Please keep in mind pg will only be able to tinker "here and there," so it is unknown how quickly we would get anything done. My though, personally, is since we are already half-easy through Q3....Huawei may release ics before pg, or anyone else for that matter, is able to crack the kernel. one more thought: just by sheer coincidence of the last couple days, i now have to wonder exactly what did that savagehax dude really have? If it was anything, my thought is that it's what this dealer has-a ported and translated version of ics-presumably for purchase for, you guessed it, 50-100$. Interesting to me that he's trying to pawn it off for the same price. Btw, no, these two people are not the same guy in case you were thinking that too. Food for thought here folks. Please debate away on this. It's my pleasure!

Id say pay the money. If it its a TRUE ICS upload it here and get your money back and then sum with donations. If its not complain and get your money or something of equal price in return

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

thanks salas, that's what i was hoping to hear. as much as i do want to give pg a phone to play with......i'd just-as-soon like to see a "true" ics on the merc(in english) that way it can be redistributed here. paid back or not.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information