Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    03/2011
    Phone
    Chelsea S III

BombAF @ Sportwin

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

You should still give the Merc To PG, its possible that we may get ICS before but you're forgetting that he can also port, and make other roms...If we do get ICS and the kernel source then were still short on devs :/

Overall activity: 17.0%

Here's what I would do: make a nandroid backup when you first get it, pay for the upgrade from the dealer, make another nandroid backup. Then root it, and do "adb remount", "adb pull /", then boot into "pink mode", and pull the files out of there. Then send PG the phone. :-) That way we have multiple ways of getting the info we have available from the paid ROM, and when PG gets around to it, we can have more! Just my thoughts. I like to err on the side of redundancy and caution. :-)

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Thanks for the input guys. I was supposed to have the Merc by now, so, I'm still waiting. If my friend tells me a couple more days again, I'll just get one locally. My thing is, no matter what, one phone is my daily driver, the other will be the race day. Otherwise i would have just gone ahead and sent pg my Merc i have and just use my A1. Problem is, I can't stand playing games on the A1 after having played games on this Merc. I wanted to have the phone sent by now, but i don't want to send a brand new, in the box Merc. I'd rather a used one for these purposes. So a little more patience from me and all will be well. I am however growing more impatient by the day......one of my curses.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I spoke with Huawei and Cricket this morning. Huawei said to call Cricket and Cricket said they had not received an actual date from Huawei as to when the ICS update will roll out (I kinda suck at this lol).

Sent from my Mercury with Tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4

kool my Bdays in septemBer that would be an awesome gift haha.

Quote Originally Posted by byno2008 View Post
    I spoke with Huawei and Cricket this morning. Huawei said to call Cricket and Cricket said they had not received an actual date from Huawei as to when the ICS update will roll out (I kinda suck at this lol).

Sent from my Mercury with Tapatalk
    You should totally put them on 3 way

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

cricket will never say when they actually get the update, if/when they do they might do a silent push for updates, but more than likely they wont bother with updating at all and just try to get consumers to update to their newer phones as they release them

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

ok. so, i spoke with my buddy in minneapolis. he said he would be shipping the phone out on friday. i told him, "nevermind." i have since purchased a phone on ebay that has a "bad esn." for those of you that don't know this, this is an easy fix through terminal editor. that being said, i paid for expedited shipping. i should have it by Aug.24th or 25th, ebay says. personally, i couldn't give a rat's ass if it's stolen or not. if it's a bad esn for cricket, knowing most cricket customers, it is bad due to non-payment. but, we all know it's no problem still!!! so, now the question remains: do i reflash to stock and send to PlayfulGod, or reflash and bring to my "new" friend at Millenium Trenz and have him flash to ICS(remember the previous conversation about a ported ICS from U8860?) what's your take. we now have 4 to 6 days to discuss! none the less, it is a go no matter what!!!

Overall activity: 83.0%

I would say ICS, if its a true ICS, then the ROMs can be made out of ICS. Since Huawei already released the code for GB, Im guessing new ROMs can be created. If its not a true ICS then yu can always flash it to stock.

Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

I say get the Mercury and make a backup then let him ICS on it, then give it to PG...Even if we do get ICS and the kernel release, there's only a few of us who know how to port roms and stuff so just give it to PG

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

could the ics the person at millenium trenz have be the "ice" rom we have? after all given to the public it does look like ics. also playful god did do amazingly on the roms he's made from what i've seen, used, and heard. but there is always the possibility you could get the ics rom on the phone, give it to pg, and the source code still not be released yet. it's ultimately your call, but the sooner we have a better rom on these phones the better.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Alright. So i will wait until i have phone in hand before making the call. Either way, PG will be getting the phone to tinker with. I too am sceptical about the legitimacy of MT's ICS ROM. However, he assures me it's legitimate, Chinese to English translated ICS from one of his family members whom works at Huawei.....so, idk...bs/no bs, time will tell. Either way, I'll pink screen the Merc once i fix the bad esn, then either ship it straight away to PG, or flash their ICS ROM, pink it again, then send it toPG. currently I'm reviewing the legitimacy of MT's claims, right down to a family tree of the (unnamed) Chinese gentleman that owns the place. If i find even a whiff that someone in his family does, in fact, work at Huawei, I will let him flash it first. Again we'll see. I'm hoping to know by Monday.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

so, because i know there are :non-believers_ out there that are nothing more than pessismists. please do me a favor and "track-with-me." i don't care that anyone knows the tracking number. this is my deal and my money, so i will take all risks. i know that when this whole idea comes to fruition, we all will win! therefor, i don't believe anyone on this board will try to "steal" anything. besides, if someone does.........not only will you be outcasted, but, I WILL FIND YOU!!! trust me when i tell you this: I am not opposed to flying overseas and making sure you eat through a straw for the next year or two!!! it's nothing to me! you don't know me, you don't WANT to know me, or mi familia!!! that being said, i am going to show my tracking number. please, for me, and your own health-plus the health of your immediate family, DO NOT even TRY to do SHYTE with it. i will find you, and it will not end the way you think it will end. now, on with the show!

Tracking #:
    9405511201080315141560Carrier:
    USPSPriority

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    2012-08-22, 20:07:00, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
    Acceptance
    2012-08-22, 15:07:00, ASTORIA, NY 11105

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

2 to 3 days and counting..........can't hardly contain myself!!!!!

James

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    so, because i know there are :non-believers_ out there that are nothing more than pessismists. please do me a favor and "track-with-me." i don't care that anyone knows the tracking number. this is my deal and my money, so i will take all risks. i know that when this whole idea comes to fruition, we all will win! therefor, i don't believe anyone on this board will try to "steal" anything. besides, if someone does.........not only will you be outcasted, but, I WILL FIND YOU!!! trust me when i tell you this: I am not opposed to flying overseas and making sure you eat through a straw for the next year or two!!! it's nothing to me! you don't know me, you don't WANT to know me, or mi familia!!! that being said, i am going to show my tracking number. please, for me, and your own health-plus the health of your immediate family, DO NOT even TRY to do SHYTE with it. i will find you, and it will not end the way you think it will end. now, on with the show!

Tracking #:
    9405511201080315141560Carrier:
    USPSPriority

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    2012-08-22, 20:07:00, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
    Acceptance
    2012-08-22, 15:07:00, ASTORIA, NY 11105

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

2 to 3 days and counting..........can't hardly contain myself!!!!!

James
    Well damn James. Lol.. "You don't WANT to know me!" nice

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information