Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Sprint or Verizon?

Can someone download no roam app from the market and tell me if there mercury runs off Verizon or sprint?

Sent from my X500 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm not sure if I understand your question..

The Huawei Mercury runs on Cricket's network, and can roam on Sprint and Verizon.

The Huawei Mercury is only available in native Cricket markets where Cricket puts up their own towers.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand your question..

The Huawei Mercury runs on Cricket's network, and can roam on Sprint and Verizon.

The Huawei Mercury is only available in native Cricket markets where Cricket puts up their own towers.
    So when I put my zip code in, and it shows the huawei mercury available I should have coverage? Reason I ask is because the zte score I have doesent work where I live. I'm on paygo, so I'm not able to roam I guess?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Let me go into depth on my question:

My hometown (zipcode 31501) is covered by all major carriers (sprint,veriozon,at&T,and t mobile) and when i click shop on the cricket website and put in that zipecode (31501) i only have a few choices. The zte score being one of theme, the huawei mercury is not an option for that zipcode

I bought the zte score for where i live now (zipcode 30436) and it doesent work hardly at all because only verizon has good service here. (im on paygo plan as mentioned above). But when i type the zipcode for where i just moved to (30436) i get more options, the huawei mercury being one of them. So i was figuring there may be better coverage in zipcode 30436, with the huawei mercury....?

Soryy if my question sounds a little rambeled, Ive just been racking my brain trying to figure how i could get better coverage with cricket in the town i jsut moved to.

Quote Originally Posted by brd912 View Post
    So when I put my zip code in, and it shows the huawei mercury available I should have coverage? Reason I ask is because the zte score I have doesent work where I live. I'm on paygo, so I'm not able to roam I guess?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Let me go into depth on my question:

My hometown (zipcode 31501) is covered by all major carriers (sprint,veriozon,at&T,and t mobile) and when i click shop on the cricket website and put in that zipecode (31501) i only have a few choices. The zte score being one of theme, the huawei mercury is not an option for that zipcode

I bought the zte score for where i live now (zipcode 30436) and it doesent work hardly at all because only verizon has good service here. (im on paygo plan as mentioned above). But when i type the zipcode for where i just moved to (30436) i get more options, the huawei mercury being one of them. So i was figuring there may be better coverage in zipcode 30436, with the huawei mercury....?

Soryy if my question sounds a little rambeled, Ive just been racking my brain trying to figure how i could get better coverage with cricket in the town i jsut moved to.
    Thank for explaining.

If you only have a few phones available in your area, that means the phones will be using Sprint's network. Cricket has an agreement with Sprint to provide service in areas where Cricket doesn't have coverage. So, 31501, would be a Sprint area. Anywhere Sprint has towers, you'll get service.

If the Huawei Mercury is available at 30436, that means it is using Cricket's towers in that area. You'll want to take a look at Cricket's coverage map and talk to anyone else that has Cricket to see how the service is. If you get the Huawei Mercury, it should have service at 30436, since it is sold there. If you travel to 31501, where the Mercury isn't available, it should roam on Sprint, free of charge (if Sprint has a signal there). If Sprint isn't available, it will roam on Verizon Wireless, but that isn't free. You can check Cricket's coverage map on their website. Just make sure you type in 30436, where you live currently, to get the correct coverage map. You'll see dark green in your area, and lighter green for roaming on Sprint. The lightest color would be roaming on Verizon.

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Thank for explaining.

If you only have a few phones available in your area, that means the phones will be using Sprint's network. Cricket has an agreement with Sprint to provide service in areas where Cricket doesn't have coverage. So, 31501, would be a Sprint area. Anywhere Sprint has towers, you'll get service.

If the Huawei Mercury is available at 30436, that means it is using Cricket's towers in that area. You'll want to take a look at Cricket's coverage map and talk to anyone else that has Cricket to see how the service is. If you get the Huawei Mercury, it should have service at 30436, since it is sold there. If you travel to 31501, where the Mercury isn't available, it should roam on Sprint, free of charge (if Sprint has a signal there). If Sprint isn't available, it will roam on Verizon Wireless, but that isn't free. You can check Cricket's coverage map on their website. Just make sure you type in 30436, where you live currently, to get the correct coverage map. You'll see dark green in your area, and lighter green for roaming on Sprint. The lightest color would be roaming on Verizon.

I hope this helps!
    That helped a lot bro thanks.

I do have one more thing to ask:

I called cricket and they said that I could go into a corporate store and they could make the phone work in my area. They wouldn't tell me if I would have better coverage with the mercury or not.

My question is if you know maybe what they could do, to make that happen? I download the "no roam" app from the market and it says that I'm running off Verizon when I'm in an area where I can't use the phone. It says its on Verizon, I have 3-full bars but cannot make a call.

Any idea what that means? LOL, sorry for asking so much Im just used to major carriers and have no idea about mvno's. I cab flash roms and tweak a phone to death, but this has my brain hurting lol

Last edited by brd912; 02-17-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brd912 View Post
    That helped a lot bro thanks.

I do have one more thing to ask:

I called cricket and they said that I could go into a corporate store and they could make the phone work in my area. They wouldn't tell me if I would have better coverage with the mercury or not.

My question is if you know maybe what they could do, to make that happen? I download the "no roam" app from the market and it says that I'm running off Verizon when I'm in an area where I can't use the phone. It says its on Verizon, I have 3-full bars but cannot make a call.

Any idea what that means? LOL, sorry for asking so much Im just used to major carriers and have no idea about mvno's. I cab flash roms and tweak a phone to death, but this has my brain hurting lol

They can't really make the Mercury work in an area that it isn't sold.. If I remember correctly, the Mercury is available in your zip code. Therefore, you should be able to order the phone. If you're traveling it will first roam on Sprint, and then Verizon. To roam on Verizon you need at least $5 added in your Flex Bucket account. After you add the money, dial *228.

If you go with the PAYGo phones available in the other zip code, they run on Sprint, without roaming.

I'm not familiar with that application you've been using.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

If you bought the ZTE Score in your current zip code, where the Mercury is available, it is using Cricket's towers. The Mercury would be using Cricket's towers also. If you don't get good service on the Score, you probably wont get good service on the Mercury either.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

brd912 please contact me.

Thread Information