Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Customer Since
    July 2012

Unhappy Still no luck with customer support

I posted a while ago about my phone being somehow locked onto Sprint's network. I can call THEIR customer support, but not Crickets. When I place calls, I'm greeted by a prerecorded voice reading off the error message "Number 16," and then routed to Sprint's customer service. I've tried *228, and calling Cricket's customer support. Despite their promises to reimburse me for my lost services, though, they're being pretty unhelpful. Ideas?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 83.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Go to a cricket store?

Customer Since
    July 2012

The nearest one is two and a half hours away. That's not going to work for me.

Overall activity: 0%

Kavnaugh you might check out the flashing section of the forum, see if you can flash your phone back to cricket service.

Overall activity: 2.0%

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Was it working before? Sounds like you have a flash phone in a paygo market since there is no cricket stores by you.

doesn't Cricket piggyback off Sprint's Cellular Network? I still think you need to try to get Sprint's support via phone to reset your service as that's what other :Error Number 16: peeps have done..

Customer Since
    July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    Was it working before? Sounds like you have a flash phone in a paygo market since there is no cricket stores by you.
    It was working before just fine. I bought the phone online and activated it here as well.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    doesn't Cricket piggyback off Sprint's Cellular Network? I still think you need to try to get Sprint's support via phone to reset your service as that's what other :Error Number 16: peeps have done..
    How would I even get them to talk to me without them being able to pull up my account?

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Kavnaugh View Post
    It was working before just fine. I bought the phone online and activated it here as well.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

How would I even get them to talk to me without them being able to pull up my account?
    They wouldn't talk to you at all. Cricket does not troubleshoot flashed phones. They will tell you to visit the nearest full service center to have the phone reflashed. It does sound like a PRl issuie. Especially since you are hitting Sprint's towers. Some Sprint phones require to change the CID/NID pairs when completing a flash. You may want to search the forum for your correct CID/NID pair since you are in a MVNO area and not a Cricket home market.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Customer Since
    July 2012

The phone isn't flashed. It's never been flashed. It's a cricket phone. The Huawei Mercury.

The phone isn't flashed. It's never been flashed. It's a cricket phone. The Huawei Mercury.
    if you put ICS on it, you flashed it and voided your warranty now didn't you?...of course, the majority have done that too..

Customer Since
    July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by intovoid View Post
    if you put ICS on it, you flashed it and voided your warranty now didn't you?...of course, the majority have done that too..
    Oh, well if that counts ^^;

It can't be a PRL issue, though. I stripped my roommate's (same phone) and it didn't have any effect.

How would I access my SID/NID settings? I'm assuming I can just plug my roommate's in.

Customer Since
    July 2012

Oh duh. Hadn't noticed that it was in the System Tab of QPST's Service Programming. Mine was already the same as my roommates. So no effect.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

since you already plugged it into QPST, you might want to double check through all the settings to see that they all match for Cricket programming (use your friends phone as the template). somehow your programming got botched, and the first thing i would do would basically reflash the phone

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Htc Shooter

I posted a while ago about my phone being somehow locked onto Sprint's network. I can call THEIR customer support, but not Crickets. When I place calls, I'm greeted by a prerecorded voice reading off the error message "Number 16," and then routed to Sprint's customer service. I've tried *228, and calling Cricket's customer support. Despite their promises to reimburse me for my lost services, though, they're being pretty unhelpful. Ideas?
    Flash a cricket PRL and if you are on a cricket PRL you may have to use RL Editor in QPST to view the Tower Configuration, as You may be using a Sprint Tower for your region by default.

Customer Since
    July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    since you already plugged it into QPST, you might want to double check through all the settings to see that they all match for Cricket programming (use your friends phone as the template). somehow your programming got botched, and the first thing i would do would basically reflash the phone
    I exported his settings, and then loaded them into my phone, plugging in my number. Still getting the error message.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AirLynk View Post
    Flash a cricket PRL and if you are on a cricket PRL you may have to use RL Editor in QPST to view the Tower Configuration, as You may be using a Sprint Tower for your region by default.
    I'm pretty sure I'm on a good PRL since my roommate's phone isn't having the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information